What are you playing now

LadyCrimson

For the Steam drive size thing, you could get around it using symlinks (or one of the utilities that manages them) - my Steam games are split about 50:50 between my spindle drive and my SSD, though it's obviously a pretty tiny library to be able to do that.

I might have to investigate those options. It has quickly outgrown the 200gb partition I had allocated to it originally. I should have doubled or tripled the size while I was at it. Or try one of those fancy tools that claims to be able to adjust partition sizes dynamically without destroying the content.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You should learn how to manage Japan's economy.... I'm even willing to do the "Japan gets bonus resources" Campaign! :-"

We shall flood the market with cheap DVD players!... Oh, that wasn't what you meant ;)

Yeah, I'm going to be stuck at home over the Christmas holidays in December and January (the long holidays here down under). I hope to pick up on some of those "time sink" games.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wing Commander III. Keyboard controls make this harder than it should be. Really should push my way through my GOG list.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Played the ME3 multiplayer for the first time in a long time. Had my lobby getting pissed at me because I caused a partial extraction. Wasn't really my fault, entirely. I was running toward the extraction zone with about 3 seconds left when my character got caught on one of those waist-high barriers. So instead of jumping over it or avoiding it, the character ducked down against it and caused me to miss the extraction.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

On a random aspect though, has anyone played through it with a really high "Galaxy of War" rating? And beyong the potential "Shepard alive" 3 second vid, does it change anything? I mean, do you get more of Hammer's forces arriving alive, does it effect that end push in any way whatsoever?

No (noticeable) effect (which is a travesty), but it changes a bit more than 3 seconds with the extended cut. I think it's around 6 seconds, now...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm playing install all your old games and see if it will fit on my current hard drive configuration. I might have made my Steam drive too small.

Edit to add: Well, what worked once worked twice. Added my old Mass Effect 2 key to my Origin account got it as digital download instead of those creaky old disks. I might just try buying Lair of the Shadowbroker some day. Anything else that is worth getting for ME2?

I like Kasumi, and I don't exactly regret buying Overlord and Arrival, either, even if they're not of the high quality of the other two.

Played the ME3 multiplayer for the first time in a long time. Had my lobby getting pissed at me because I caused a partial extraction. Wasn't really my fault, entirely. I was running toward the extraction zone with about 3 seconds left when my character got caught on one of those waist-high barriers. So instead of jumping over it or avoiding it, the character ducked down against it and caused me to miss the extraction.

Which begs the question, why were you cutting it that close, anyway? :p

I like Kasumi, and I don't exactly regret buying Overlord and Arrival, either, even if they're not of the high quality of the other two.

Kasumi... that's an NPC, right? I might just grab that one too. No idea if it's anything like Shale or Jervik in scope, but how bad can it be (famous last words)? :grin:

Edit: For the other two, I'll look up some more information on them.

Which begs the question, why were you cutting it that close, anyway? :p

Just shut up! That's why.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Kasumi... that's an NPC, right? I might just grab that one too. No idea if it's anything like Shale or Jervik in scope, but how bad can it be (famous last words)? :grin:

Is like Zaeed, the free NPC, except that she's not free. Differs from regular companions by not having a recruitment mission (loyalty mission only) and by not having a dialogue system ('interact' just cues the next line in a linear series of lines)

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Is like Zaeed, the free NPC, except that she's not free. Differs from regular companions by not having a recruitment mission (loyalty mission only) and by not having a dialogue system ('interact' just cues the next line in a linear series of lines)

Well, that is Ok. I liked Zaeed. He was a regular on my missions :)

I started a new game in Fallout: New Vegas and during the tutorial, that dumb dog chayanne jumped into my line of fire and was dropped like a fly...with one shot *smug*

I collected his hide meat after a few seconds of whatthe****justhappened. Wasteland ain't **** you know, you gotta survive! The owner(forgot her name) was pretty pissed though, kept saying: "dammit chayanne, I told you to stay!"

Edited by Gorth
Language

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I was playing TL2, will be playing it more soon. However, had to format a hard drive recently, so while waiting I started up a game on a console that I had picked up. It's called Dirt to Daytona.

I had picked it up on a fluke, but it sucked me in. Too late did I learn...

It's the greatest NASCAR game ever made.

I kid you not.

The controls are far more realistic than most driving games (in otherwords, your brakes actually work, and the steering wheel actually doesn't spin you out with a nudge)...though you can actually modify it however you want, so if you want it more sensitive you can.

The game itself is like a Driver's RPG...but your car is what you modify.

I got totally involved with it so I looked it up online to see just exactly what I had gotten myself into.

And then I found out, it wasn't just me...this game really was the best Driving Sim..especially for NASCAR ever made...

If you have a console that has this game (the old ones, PS2 or Gamecube), run...not walk...to get this game. If you even remotely like Driving...then you are missing the greatest game for Driving ever made...

Like Majek, I'm also a big fan of the Locust SMG you get from her mission, and overall I think she integrates better than Zaeed. Into ME3, too.

Like Majek, I'm also a big fan of the Locust SMG you get from her mission, and overall I think she integrates better than Zaeed. Into ME3, too.

Although rumour has it that Zaeed makes a bigger appearance in the upcoming "Omega" dlc...

Also, I have to admit I liked the change of pace of Kasumi's mission (at least , the first section which wasn't run n gun).

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Zaeed feels like a refugee from another game, so yeah. Not really a complaint though, it's passable comic relief (the accent and tendency to bring down disaster) without getting outright silly.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I'm surprised Wing Commander 3's mouse support is vacant, sicne I thought they came up with a really elegant solution with the first two that allowed mouse support to offer fantastic control.

Ah, it's not. It's the in-flight options not the ones from the menu - odd but oh well, didn't look around hard enough.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Half way through Homeworld 1. Left the best part of the saga for the end.

After that I'm going to persuade a friend to play Icewind Dale 2 with me and toy around with HW2's skirmish. That's where the game really shines. Pity its hard to find people who still play it.

PS Running around in Morrowind. The game is not exactly sucking me in to be honest. First time I saw a main quest where the introductory part is: "piss off until you level up".

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Although rumour has it that Zaeed makes a bigger appearance in the upcoming "Omega" dlc...

Also, I have to admit I liked the change of pace of Kasumi's mission (at least , the first section which wasn't run n gun).

Really? I haven't been following. Bigger chance of being surprised when something does get released, I guess...

PT2 of Borderlands 2, for hubs and I, gets a bit harder all the time, especially since we're still skipping most side quests. Still not finding much in the way of great gear. All we find is gear that in the end gets the job done but not exactly in a speedy manner most of the time (even the purples) unless there's a good strategy tactic available.

According to the Challenge log, I've Revived hubby 144 times. :lol: Siren is still my fave class to play.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm watching my gf play Odin's Sphere. She's playing it on easy and the even the reguiar mooks kill her in 3-4 strikes, minibosses with 1-2 and she has gone through a lot of effort to bump her hp and level. I've never seen a game so stupidly and unnecessarily difficult. If enemies stun you and one shot you (on easy?) with 30 minute boss fights (that you're going to play at least 5 times on average), that's not a game being hard that's just bad design. It has a completely inverse RPG logic the farther you go the weaker you get in relation to the opposition.

In short it has all the retarded gameplay traits of japanese games: too much grind, stereotyped characters, 2 decades old gameplay etc. etc.

Too bad its so splendidly drawn and animated.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

PT2 of Borderlands 2, for hubs and I, gets a bit harder all the time, especially since we're still skipping most side quests. Still not finding much in the way of great gear. All we find is gear that in the end gets the job done but not exactly in a speedy manner most of the time (even the purples) unless there's a good strategy tactic available.

According to the Challenge log, I've Revived hubby 144 times. :lol: Siren is still my fave class to play.

Are you Harmony spec'd ? My friend's enjoying shooting us to heal us or the phaselock revive.

I started a new game in Fallout: New Vegas and during the tutorial, that dumb dog chayanne jumped into my line of fire and was dropped like a fly...with one shot *smug*

I collected his hide meat after a few seconds of whatthef*ckjusthappened. Wasteland ain't sh*t you know, you gotta survive! The owner(forgot her name) was pretty pissed though, kept saying: "dammit chayanne, I told you to stay!"

Funny, the exact same thing happened to me yesterday. In fact she started shooting at me too, until I put my gun down..

Fortune favors the bald.