What are you playing now

LadyCrimson

Start of previous thread

End of previous thread

... and died, and died, and died, died...then turned off the game and went to bed. :lol:

I wish I had that kind of willpower when dealing with any game.

I think it's more that he gets that's frustrated and gives up. :lol:

Just had a vending machine pop up with an orange shield. Too bad it was a low level one...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Two Worlds 2

The gameplay and the combat mechanics are far from good but the world is really fun to explore and some of the bizzare characters you meet along the way are quite hilarious and the voice acting is so bad that it's good! The Crafting system is also pretty neat. You break down any weapon you don't need and use the parts to upgrade your weapon of choice.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Combat is so much easier in BL2 with Axton compared to Zero. That automatic turret is the difference maker for me. I haven't had a single boss fight that's given me trouble with Axton, but had quite a few where I found myself running around aimlessly trying to regenerate my health and shields as Zero.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Still playing Persona 4. I hate failing stat checks. Need to increase my Courage for two Social Links, and really need to increase Expression for two other Social Links, but I also need to beat the damn dungeon so I have more free time. It's parts like this where you really feel like the game is pressing you for time, too many damn things to do.

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

Got to love that if the ME3 servers are down that you can't even play the game in single player mode because the game has to check your DL content everytime you launch the game to make sure you haven't stolen it. I try to load my saves but get a prompt like "cannot load save, content: From Ashes is missing".

Another stupid decision by Bioware/EA...honestly I'm glad nerds went into rage over ME3. Bioware makes so many stupid decisions that all of the negativity is pretty well earned.

Homeworld 2 campaign. Back in the day everyone was saying how horribly difficult HW2's single player was but, coming fresh from Cataclysm I finished 10 out of 15 missions in 2 days without repeating a single one. If i wasn't a "vet" though, it would probably be unfairly difficult.

Playing through the game I'm starting to remember why the story was so forgettable.

:biggrin:

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Got to love that if the ME3 servers are down that you can't even play the game in single player mode because the game has to check your DL content everytime you launch the game to make sure you haven't stolen it. I try to load my saves but get a prompt like "cannot load save, content: From Ashes is missing".

Another stupid decision by Bioware/EA...honestly I'm glad nerds went into rage over ME3. Bioware makes so many stupid decisions that all of the negativity is pretty well earned.

You can play single player if you disconnect your computer (I'm assuming you're playing on PC) from the internet. But yeah, the server check was annoying.

Playing Hell Yeah!

Gameplay reminds me of Cave Story. It's fun and funny so far. There are some really voilent finishing moves that puts a smile on my face. You have to succeed at short minigames to land the killing blow. I was not happy when the first one popped up, but I actually don't mind them at all. Graphics look crisp, the cartoony style looks rathet good and the music fits the game well. I've only fought one boss that was fought in different stages. It wasn't really that challenging as long as you pay attention to its movements and attacks.

The goal seems to be to kill 100 monsters that have viewed some discriminating pics of you uploaded to the internet. I've defeated 10-12 (forgot how many) enemies, and they are all unique.

Still playing Icewind Dale 2. Made it as far as the Hook Horror caves. Ye gods, I hate enemies that insta-spawn in front and behind me for inexplicable and no justifiable reasons... *Grrrr*

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just having a minor bash at ME3 again. Re-ran the Thessia mission. I have to say, whilst there are all sorts of bits about it to like (the reveal of Asari secrets, the handling of Asari sacrificing to help you and such like), it still really bugs the living hell out of me the way they handle the ending of it. One pseudo-boss fight that you totally kick his ass, until a gunship drops missiles and blows the floor out from under you.. and then you get crowing emails from the boss about how He beat you. And you don't even get an option to yell at the Asari over hiding things until the last minute. All that frustration and grrr, and all Shephard does is go totally angsty over how he lost the mission.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Guest Slinky

Fallout New Vegas, and fell in love in it once again. I cant even remember the last game I enjoyed playing this much. I keep finding things I didn't in the last times, the cleaner bot in sunset sasparilla factory still makes me laugh, "What have you savages been doing here!?"

Also either official patches or the fixpack mod I'm using have done something to bloody mess perk, I don't remember it making people explode before :p

But that's what bloody mess was always supposed to do: Explode enemies into tiny parts even if you barely touch them.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Still playing Icewind Dale 2. Made it as far as the Hook Horror caves. Ye gods, I hate enemies that insta-spawn in front and behind me for inexplicable and no justifiable reasons... *Grrrr*

In that particular case, this behavior is somewhat justified as Hook Horrors are supposed to ambush the party by dropping from the ceiling per D&D lore. I hated the insta-spawning much more in the NWN2 OC where various enemies (orcs, humans, gnolls... whatever) inexplicably appear out of thin air inside a closed room that was previously cleared out.

On topic, just finished MotB with an evil protagonist for the first time. That ending was so awesome. :devil: Now playing through SoZ with an evil-ish group as well.

Guest Slinky

But that's what bloody mess was always supposed to do: Explode enemies into tiny parts even if you barely touch them.

Yeah, it is now as it should be.

I was just bit surprised when the first guy exploded around the wasteland. Kinda funny to loot stuff like armor or big weapons from a little red piece of something.

Edited by Slinky

Apparently, the reason I'm not pulling my hair out while playing HW2's campaign is that they reduced the difficulty with the last patch. I shudder to think what it was like before they did that, because the missions are still far harder then in an average RTS

Most of the missions weren't too bad. The mission to rescue Sobaan was...unpleasant. I think I lost my fleet but crippled theirs, only won to still having a BC and some destroyers while the AI bugged out and built lots of those atmospheric deprivation missiles

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

With the 1.1 patch (although the changelog doesn't mention changes to Soban's mission 12) I used a full fleet as a single strike group and steamrolled all over them losing 2 destroyers and a full set of frigates which I rebuilt by the end of the mission.

It wasn't all that hard because they tended to come in waves and I always had my full force against each one, usually outnumbering them severely.

Regardless, you definitely have to pay attention in HW2, while in Starcraft II it was possible to play the campaign on autopilot.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

I'm playing ME3 as well, having polished off a renegade playthrough of ME2 I'd had on the backburner. It's a real shame there are so many major storyline mis-steps in it, as the base gameplay, mission design and the like is streets ahead of either preceding ME.

• Like 1

I'm playing ME3 as well, having polished off a renegade playthrough of ME2 I'd had on the backburner. It's a real shame there are so many major storyline mis-steps in it, as the base gameplay, mission design and the like is streets ahead of either preceding ME.

The awkward bit is that the dlc of Leviathan does flesh out a whole chunk of stuff about the reapers and what turns up with the Crucible and such later in the endgame.

It does kind of beg the question of why they designed it like that.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Mission design I found especially boring. ME2 had missions like Haestrom where you have to progress under fire from a Colossus and had three paths to it. Or Mordin's recruitment where there'd regularly be high points and low points giving it a sort of multi-tiered to the area.

ME3 just felt even more narrow and I can't remember a single interesting thing in the missions.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

There's a couple of decent moments in ME3, but as a whole, I'm not a fan of how the game is structured. It's just odd - do a main quest, get thrown into several conversations in a row afterwards, then bombarded with all mini fetch quests all at once from the Citadel. You do that twice and then play a few more main missions and the game is over. The characters just absolutely sucked in this one as well, and Kai Leng? Everything about him and surrounding him was just cheap. The cover system is good, and that's pretty much where the game is centered, so the combat is decent. It's just that everything else isn't that great.

• Like 2

In contrast, I'm not a fan of how ME2 was structured- I just don't like "collect all your party members and do loyalty quests" which is what most of that game consists of. I also rather like the Citadel mini missions, lack of extraneous time filler like planet scanning, better (well, actually semi existent) RPG elements and think most of the incidental characters in ME3 are fine or above, quality wise. Obviously, I loathe Kai Leng as I have a functioning brain stem, and find things like Allers pretty rubbish as well but I have little complaint about the rest.

In general I found the missions in ME2 to be either repetitive or irrelevant, and all too often the storyline involved Family Angst Syndrome which ended up setting my teeth on edge. I do applaud the attempts at doing different things like the Thane or Samara loyalty missions, but they felt... out of place really, contrived. It's probably a bit of retrospective thinking in that I think that ME2 would have been far better as part of a series if there'd been fewer companions and more story development. I was also playing on insanity, and ME2 has... some issues with that and 'timed' type missions.

ME2 had missions like Haestrom where you have to progress under fire from a Colossus and had three paths to it. Or Mordin's recruitment where there'd regularly be high points and low points giving it a sort of multi-tiered to the area.

I did the Grissom Academy level last night while waiting for the rugby to start, and there was plenty of variable height and the like there, and it had those 'walker' bots. No solar polarisation or whatever it was though. Mainly I'm finding ME3 to have far less of a popamole feeling than ME2- weapons and powers actually seem to have some oomph behind them rather than being plink plink, enemies use some nice new abilities and the net result is far less of a repeating pattern of pop out, power/ shoot for 2 seconds, hide for 5 seconds, repeat until enemies dead that 90% of ME2's missions reduced to.