So, how does everyone like that new logo?

It seems that Eternity's logo has undergone something of a redesign, and I think I like it. Though the Ouroboros is hardly owned by Zenimax, I think it's nice that Eternity now has a logo that doesn't invoke something currently being done by another major RPG company, but I'm not sure a circular design by itself represents the "eternity" theme as well as an ouroboros does. What does everyone else think?

I really like it. The spikies remind me a little of my avatar (:p) or an ancient sun emblem. The snake-like pattern in the ring still reminds me of the ouroboros (uh, and something else), but is more of a Celtic knot feel, which is pretty classic too.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I really doubt Zenimax had anything to do with the change. A more likely scenario is that for whatever reason, Obsidian no longer felt that the Ouroboros logo was reflective of the theme / storyline they're going for. Or it could simply be that they've decided on an actual name for the game - something completely unrelated to the project name 'Eternity' - and don't want people becoming too attached or familiar with the Ouroboros design.

Anyway, I think I prefer the new design.

• Like 1

I'm kind of hoping it is the Project: Eternity logo as opposed to the game logo. It reminds me a great deal of a lock and I find myself a bit entranced by the idea that all these classic designs will spin and unlock to reveal what has been done with all of the classic ideas and systems that went into the game. I may or may not be slightly insane.

• Like 2

I...can't tell the difference. Anyone able to throw both up (not literally) for a compare/contrast?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I...can't tell the difference. Anyone able to throw both up (not literally) for a compare/contrast?

Read some older articles from Kickstarter page. Few still have old logo. It was basically text Project Eternity over snake eating it's own tail. (Ouroboros) EDIT: Piccolo was faster.:(

And I highly doubt Bethesda had anything to do with change since Ouroboros is an ancient symbol used in many religions and mythologies, so even ZeniMax would have hard time trademarking something of that status.

Edited by Haerski

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

I'm kind of hoping it is the Project: Eternity logo as opposed to the game logo. It reminds me a great deal of a lock and I find myself a bit entranced by the idea that all these classic designs will spin and unlock to reveal what has been done with all of the classic ideas and systems that went into the game. I may or may not be slightly insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qpKf_b5SDI

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I like the new logo, except for one thing: I preferred it when the word lettering had less contrast to the rest of the logo. eg, less bright yellow.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Are you implying this effect was possibly intentional, Ieo?

Gods, I hope so. :)

New

Old

Thanks, yeah I remember the old logo now. Think I like the new one better.

Is it just me or does the inner ring design on the new logo look like a series of snakes biting one another (so still kinda ouroborusy?)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Thanks, yeah I remember the old logo now. Think I like the new one better.

Is it just me or does the inner ring design on the new logo look like a series of snakes biting one another (so still kinda ouroborusy?)

Huh. Didn't see that before. Looks like, as you said snakes, or perhaps plant shoots. So many snakes together makes one wonder, did Medusa's hair ever get tangled?

Edited by Wirdjos

The new logo is just boring and generic. There is absolutely nothing special, no creativity in it. There are just some geometric forms combined to a logo.

I liked the first one much more because it had a special look though it was not really sophisticated.

35167v4.jpg