RockPaperShotgun Interview with Avellone + New Companion Concept Aloth

The type of races and concept art that’s been revealed for Eternity we hope display our commitment to showcasing seemingly-traditional races with unusual gear and traits – including the fact our women characters wear… appropriate armor. In addition to the more easily recognizable races, we have a number of specialized races as well, including the god-touched races and even more unusual races we intend to unveil later. In addition, the technology level and the concept of souls puts a further twist on the races and classes of the world in an interesting way

Sounds interesting. I wonder what those unusual races would be.

Interesting concept art. I wonder what spell that would be ... simple summoning or something more akin to "Venomous Grenade of Soul Fire?" ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

+1 for Wendersnaven race.

We get the name of the wizard so only need monk and ranger now. :D

I don't fancy the idea of playing stupid characters but seeing the Fallout screenshot... *chuckles*

NO!

I mean i love gnomes and such but not "Wendersnaven". I suffered enough.

Im so close to nuking that place. We are at DEFCON 2!

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

Interesting concept art. I wonder what spell that would be ... simple summoning or something more akin to "Venomous Grenade of Soul Fire?" ;)

I dont know what spell is that but im sure hes going to use it "Aloth"

Heheheeheehe.

• Like 3

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

That's why we need boob-plate. (just kidding...or am I ?)

Muscular arm, masculine jawline. I'm strongly guessing it's a he...though imo the rest of the interview is a lot more interesting, imo. Especially the part where he says story-execution-wise he'd stick more to FNV than to AP.

Edited by BSoda
  • Like 2

RPS: Old-school RPGs weren’t perfect. Animations weren’t great, controls were clunky, menus required a billion clicks, numbers were everywhere, etc. How much are you modernizing the old-school template vs reproducing it?

They absolutely had to write that, did't they.

GREAT SCOT these numbers are everywhere! They're attacking us! Hold the line!

• Like 10

Interviewer seems a bit hostile.

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

RPS: Old-school RPGs weren’t perfect. Animations weren’t great, controls were clunky, menus required a billion clicks, numbers were everywhere, etc. How much are you modernizing the old-school template vs reproducing it?

They absolutely had to write that, did't they.

GREAT SCOT these numbers are everywhere! They're attacking us! Hold the line!

How DARE they criticize the controls and the amount of clicks required!!!!! Blasphemy. g0t micro?

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 3

The emblem on his armor is a key. I wonder if there's any meaning to that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

That evil purple effect is one of those mutated sloppy fish from outside Homer Simpson's workplace, you know, the nuclear power plant.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

A guy with magic snakes? And a evil purple, warlockish magic effect?

:fdevil: **** Yeah! That's my kind of person! :fdevil:

Let's just hope he doesn't turn into some kind of betrayer, because you know.... snakes.

A guy with magic snakes? And a evil purple, warlockish magic effect?

:fdevil: **** Yeah! That's my kind of person! :fdevil:

Let's just hope he doesn't turn into some kind of betrayer, because you know.... snakes.

Not sure what makes it evil.