Vidgy Game Soundtracks

Katphood

On 5/21/2020 at 12:19 AM, majestic said:

For all its storytelling faults and that terrible ending, Mass Effect 3 sure had an excellent soundtrack.

I still listen to all 3 soundtracks regularly -- the whole trilogy had some pretty fantastic music.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 9:57 PM, 213374U said:

Ahh, made me think of my 30th birthday, one hell of a party, a copy of the witcher 3, and a 120Gb SSD drive to install it on. Nice.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

• 2 weeks later...

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Borderlands 2 sample combat music:

...I'd turn down effect/voice sliders so I could hear the music better. For me one of the better "firing while dancing around like mad" in combat OST's.

Borderlands 3 sample combat music:

.... while BL3 has fun/decent vocalized tunes and some OST tracks are reminiscent of the previous games, overall much of the OST you hear while playing is too night-rave-disco or something for me. At least when longer than 10 seconds and repeated. It's more like having sand in your pants, rather than pulse-pounding/inspiring.  Just imo, ofc.  I have the music totally off, at this point. >.>

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 7/14/2020 at 12:49 AM, Raithe said:

I so want a Cate Archer/Sterling Archer crossover.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I am sure all Freespace 2 players can recite the briefing this is known for playing during 😛

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've barely touched the game, but I can't seem to get this track out of my head:

Good for waking up oneself, at least!

"Let's drop the moral posturing, shall we? We both know there's no altruism in this pursuit.
Your reckless indignation led you here - I
counted on it.
There's no
shame in it, Raziel - revenge is motivation enough.
At least it's honest.
Hate me, but do it honestly." - Kain, Scion of Balance

• 1 month later...

Came back to mind, only time I've ever felt sort of sad to finish a game.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...