Spoiler

Homeworld:Cataclysm

Spoiler

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I really gotta stop muting all my games as I have almost no clue what any of them sound like

• Thanks 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Plays during a certain segment of Borderlands 3.  If haven't played game, DO NOT GOOGLE this song or read YT comments etc. unless you want a massive chr. spoiler.

Anyway, replaying a section a few times for the PC version of the game, every time I'm always "what is this song? I love this song."  Really makes a great specific game moment.  Light headbanging all the way. Overall I think I like BL1 and 2's songs and score more, but BL3 still has some good tunes.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

BL2's The Heavy was much better, I found

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Barbarella

This is a beautiful track! Which I never heard in my game, why did I never hear it in my game? All my Surviving Mars music was kinda boring. :getlost:

You know what's not boring? This game's OST:

I wouldn't want to play the game, but methinks I'm buying this OST. :yes:

I think I got the pack with all the DLCs.  Paradox seems to love putting radio stations as paid DLCs, this and CIties Skylines have those.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Diablo is an RPG ? Pft.

• Gasp! 1

15 hours ago, bugarup said:

So RPS posted this RPG muzik quiz:

Got 10. Well 10 and a half because I guessed both Elder Scrolls scores but flipped the games. Not bad since I only played 14 out of that list :)

In case you want to do this yourself, don't read these spoilers:

Spoiler

1. Diablo 1: Tristram theme. *Yep.
2. Oblivion: main menu theme? *Yep!
3. No idea. *Never played this game, no surprise I didn't recognize it.
4. This is really familiar, but I'm failing to place it. *Oh my gosh, I knew it was familiar, but seriously could not place it. Mass Effect main menu...
5. Dark Souls: Gwyn's theme. *Yep. I initially thought this was actually Midna's Desperate Hour from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - had a dementia moment there.
6. No idea. *Never played this.
7. Baldur's Gate 1: Inn theme of some kind, don't remember the specific one, though. *Yep.
8. Undertale: One of Metaton's themes. *Yep.
9. No idea. ...Is it Hollow Knight? *Only played like half an hour of this game before I knew I didn't like it, not surprised I didn't recognize it.
10. what is this weeb crap *lmao I wasn't expecting Dragon Age here
11. Planescape: Torment: Deionarra's theme, of course. *Yeah, obvious.
12. ...Not sure, sounds like it could be familiar. *Ugh, and I just recently played some of Disco Elysium, too. Should've recognized it.
13. Not ringing a bell. *Haven't played.
14. Nope. *Didn't play this either.
15. Nope. *Nope to this as well.
16. Nope. *Haven't played!
17. A few ultra-generic orchestral pieces in a row here, nothing for my brain here. *Never played Skyrim.
18. Not an ultra-generic orchestral piece finally, but I still don't recognize it. My guess would be Deus Ex of some kind. *Mass Effect again? Tsk, tsk.
19. Fable: Bowerstone theme. *Yep.
20. Nope. *Never played.

Overall, only missed a couple I shouldn't have. Not too terrible. Coincidentally, a few friends and I recently did this video game sound effect test: https://vg-sfx-quiz.herokuapp.com/

I ended up getting 33/60, which was the second best out of the people that I knew - a friend got I think it was 54 out of 60, but he is a no-lifer that has played just about every game under the sun.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• Like 1