Vidgy Game Soundtracks

Katphood

Really need to image the discs for this.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://youtu.be/wgW-MoLV1PA

Really need to image the discs for this.

I've got the DVD for this, I remember getting this in maybe '99, got me to watch the movie and read the book. The movie remains my favourite movie to this day. The music reminds me of early 90's acid house or downtempo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Are we merely posting videos of music here? Or are we giving any context?

This seems to be in my head whenever it's raining out and i'm going for a potter around.

Makes me want to eat a katsu curry

nowt

• 2 months later...

I have two.  One from Mandate of Heaven.  Spanish guitar.  Hauntingly beautiful.

Another from Planescape: Torment.  Nothing proclaims your love for someone you got killed more than melancholy music.

I'll limit myself to two, but I could easily put in all sorts of games in here.  There's a commercial out right now that sounds just like a beautiful song from Sunless Seas.

• Like 1

"Not for the sake of much time..."

Song? Inn bard from White March. Sneakily ties to overall story of the expansion, and unlike most of video game songs, it’s not a cheese fest.

https://youtu.be/bp2nCY7z4Wg 

But as you posted instrumental pieces while asking about songs here are my two:

overall port music for Sid Meier’s Pirates! unique for each nation, and changing depending on prosperity of the port in instrumentation and key. So here is a theme in minor of poor British port:

https://youtu.be/O6oiSOY46SU 

Soundtrack I might genially listen to outside of the game: Journey

https://youtu.be/TLfj3pAlrs4

PS. Oh and the most cruel ear worm which will drive everyone around you crazy. Works reliably For years.

Edited by Wormerine

Some good ones in here :

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Hmm,

I'll throw Eric The Unready in the ring:

Age of Wonders:

And the reimagined soundtrack for Age of Wonders III

The ending tune for Dungeon of the Endless:

The Dune Spice Opera - specifically Chani's Eyes:

Frozen Cortex (formerly Frozen Endzone) but also Frozen Synapse - Nervous Testpilot's tunes basically:

And more to come in later posts.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

On 10/16/2019 at 2:46 AM, Wormerine said:

PS. Oh and the most cruel ear worm which will drive everyone around you crazy. Works reliably For years.

Nooooo! :wacko:

I guess I would nominate Planescape Torment main theme and Guild Wars Two "Fear not this night" as my two current favourites.

edit: Links

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

14 hours ago, Malcador said:

Some good ones in here :

Didn't realize there was a thread already.  Wrap this thread into the old one if you'd like.

Also, Wormerine… Bubble Bobble?  You bastard!

I really love Sunless Seas.  The game, the soundtrack, the whole idea.

• Like 1

"Not for the sake of much time..."

7 hours ago, MedicineDan said:

Didn't realize there was a thread already.  Wrap this thread into the old one if you'd like.

Well was more for information as there are some good ones there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCTOU8_wAQU

Edited by Malcador

• 4 weeks later...

Sort of funny to use F-14 pilot audio.

• Like 1

iwd is still our all-time favorite soundtrack, but inon zur's work on iwd2 has a few individual tracks which is 'mongst all-time best.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• 1 month later...