Vidgy Game Soundtracks

Katphood

The sweaty-palm memories of my low level naked mage tap-tap-tapping his way around dark corners to this music will never die.

Now I have to dig my old cd out and play this, tremendous atmosphere.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

• 9 months later...
Metal Gear Solid 1-3 & Peace Walker

Metal Gear Solid 2 probably had the most solid soundtrack out of them all next to 3

It generally consisted of neat blues, jazzy tunes that neat fit with that eerie atmosphere of the Big Shell.

-

-

-

-

Silent Hill Series, specifically 1-4 (Akira Yamaoka) -- Yamaoka is a master and he made the soundtrack as great as it was

-

-

-

-

-

____________________________________________________________________________________

Persona series - Shoji Meguro is one of a kind; Blending everything from rock to jazz, hip-hop tunes, blues and even J-pop and still manages

to capture almost any raw emotion of the youthful spirit that is series -- Ultimately resulting in an excellent soundtrack. Always.

-

-

-

-

-

-

The Longest Journey & Dreamfall -- Simon Poole & other composers created the themes for these great adventure games

-

-

Hitman series -- Jesper Kyd is excellent and I remember his tracks for Blood Money the most

-

-

-

Psychonauts -- Peter McConnell's blues-sounding guitar accords of Camp Whispering Rock was sold me

Along with anything else about this game. At times, it reminded me a bit of the Sly Cooper soundtrack which was neat.

-

-

-

Knights of the Old Republic 2 -- It was one of the first western-RPGs I got into at the time since I was a fan of Star Wars

It felt so unlike John Williams, so unlike Star Wars, there was a neat atmosphere to it, and yet.. it still sounded like Star Wars

-

-
(This was one was my favorite due to the atmosphere it creates for the abandoned mining facility - Love it)

-

-

_____________________________________________________________________________________

BioShock series -- The first game had some very memorable ones it was also the stronger of them all -- Best atmosphere

-

-

-

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kingdom Hearts series -- This franchise has pretty much sold it with its music

-

-

-

-

-
(ak.a. best Disney World in all the games)

-
(KH2 version)

Sly Cooper series -- Specifically the second game

-

-

-

-

The Witcher 2 -- The game had a neat soundtrack going for it with that Eastern European feel to it

-

-

-

Valkyria Chronicles

-

-

-

-
(Love this one)

-

And the list just goes on -- Lots of good game music out there for certain..

Edited by TheChris92
  • Like 2

Here's a list of my favorite video game music.

Spyhunter (0:20)

Those were great days to be a gamer thumbsup.gif

To be fair, the SPYHUNTER music is an electronic version of Henry Mancini's PETER GUNN theme so in somewhat of a different place in terms of game music than others, I'd think.

For catchy classic video game themes, I really liked Moon Patrol:

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

For more recent music, I really like the main theme for Resident Evil: Outbreak

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Good song to get dressed for work to.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra