They have popped up from time to time in threads, but I think we should really have a thread for them to improve visibility. So, that people get a better understanding where we stand compared to Double Fine Adventure and Wasteland 2

They are made by the forum member Fermun over at the Something Awful forums where Sawyer regulary posts

Pledges

NSNDb.png

Backers

HsGaT.png

• Like 1

I'm curious how things spike by update--the problem with the localization bit is that many were waiting for Paypal, and that information is something Obsidian has to manually update on their site...

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Double Fine was a lot of big name support and Tim Schaeffer being funny, as well as being the first signs of "hey, maybe we can end run around publishers." Wasteland is an older game with a smaller cult following than Planescape: Torment, let alone Baldur's Gate, so this doesn't surprise me.

I'm curious how things spike by update--the problem with the localization bit is that many were waiting for Paypal, and that information is something Obsidian has to manually update on their site...

If you look at the graph you will immediatly notice one effect of Obsidian's update campagin. Obsidian has managed to keep pledges up during it's entire campagin so far, without really slowing down drastically.

Edited by C2B

Very interesting graph - I'm a backer of both this and Wasteland 2 (and Shadowrun and a couple of others), but it is the promise of a new and exciting game that harkens back to the good old days that drew me in - and with household names in charge of each, I couldn't resist.

Very interesting graph - I'm a backer of both this and Wasteland 2 (and Shadowrun and a couple of others), but it is the promise of a new and exciting game that harkens back to the good old days that drew me in - and with household names in charge of each, I couldn't resist.

Me too, KS projects really robbing me good and im pretty happy about this.

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

If anyone is interested I found this 'projection' graph

http://www.kicktraq....-exp-projection

That's not really going to be all that accurate. Especially as we go more towards the end due to the unpredictable spikes in the last days.

Nice nontheless :)

I'll have to trust you on your words (and your first 2 graphs) since I'm new to Kickstarter (wish I knew about Wasteland 2).

If anyone is interested I found this 'projection' graph

http://www.kicktraq....-exp-projection

That's not really going to be all that accurate. Especially as we go more towards the end due to the unpredictable spikes in the last days.

Nice nontheless :)

I'll have to trust you on your words (and your first 2 graphs) since I'm new to Kickstarter (wish I knew about Wasteland 2).

You can still "back" Wasteland 2 now here: http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/store

I did so, too. :)

35167v4.jpg

You can still "back" Wasteland 2 now here: http://wasteland.inx...nment.com/store

I beg forgiveness in advance for the OT.

I saw that page already, but I couldn't manage to understand how will it be distributed. I don't want another client. I already have steam and origin (if there's a god I hope he can forgive me) and gog (even though it's just a download manager). I don't want other third party useless programs on my pc...

Me too, KS projects really robbing me good and im pretty happy about this.

I wasn't as interested in many other projects but this is one I can wholehearted back. If there is one thing I know then this is it. These guys know how to develop a good story and background. They have experience, dedication, and a wealth of talent. They never let up which you can tell by how dedicated they are to speak to the backers and to the public. Their kickstarter page is nearly updated everyday now. We have a very active community both on kickstarter and on here. Let's keep taking it to another level.

You can still "back" Wasteland 2 now here: http://wasteland.inx...nment.com/store

I beg forgiveness in advance for the OT.

I saw that page already, but I couldn't manage to understand how will it be distributed. I don't want another client. I already have steam and origin (if there's a god I hope he can forgive me) and gog (even though it's just a download manager). I don't want other third party useless programs on my pc...

What other client? You'll be able to choose whatever client you want.

Any insight on where it is said that I'd be able to donwload it, say, from gog?

it is stated clearly in the ks page that when the time comes, you will be asked if you want it on steam or gog and wil be sent the apropriate key. if you have ordered more than 1 copy, then you will be asked for each key individually so you can have 1 on gog and 1 on steam.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

it is stated clearly in the ks page that when the time comes, you will be asked if you want it on steam or gog and wil be sent the apropriate key. if you have ordered more than 1 copy, then you will be asked for each key individually so you can have 1 on gog and 1 on steam.

Are you talking of P:E or wasteland 2? Bacause I was ot on wasteland 2. And on wasteland 2 page I only found a mention about a closed beta on steam.

Are you talking of P:E or wasteland 2? Bacause I was ot on wasteland 2. And on wasteland 2 page I only found a mention about a closed beta on steam.

PE

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

IIRC, Wasteland 2 will be available for direct download. You don't need a 'client'. Download. Install. Play. No serial number. No need to keep a disc in your drive. No need to have an internet connection.

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

i dont know how many of youse are aware of this guy's graphs but they are the best i could find on PE KS progress (much better than kicktraq's crappy graphs).

current.pngcurrentdiff.png

"if everyone is dead then why don't i remember dying?"

—a clueless sod to a dustman

"if we're all alive then why don't i remember being born?"

—the dustman's response