Lets hope they manage to add Adventuring Hall. Player Housing and Adventure Hall should have been 1 strech goal after 1.1mill.

They are extremely likely to break the 3 mil mark.....the income should spike quite a bit in the final days so the 2.6 is quite safe I think. I am very excited for the 2.5 mil mark and seeing what 2.7 and beyond will bring us.

Aside from that they have added nearly 11k in ~5 hrs since the 2.3 mil mark was broken....at this rate they are making ~50k a day.....multiply that times 11 and you'll get a very conservative and safe figure for the end.

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

Godlike races was one of the things I was hoping for.

Next, crafting please! Not too fussed about the two classes or the adventurer hall.

Crafting is nice and I'll enjoy this myself quite a bit but nowhere near as much as I will enjoy playing as a Cipher. :sorcerer::wowey:

1zq6793.jpg

i don't get you guys that want the adventuring hall so badly...half the fun of playing these games is your traveling companions, their interactions with each other and reactions to events in the world.

I'm not against the Hall per se, but I just don't understand the fervor behind creating this pack of no name adventurers when there will likely be well written characters to choose from each class (except hopefully no cipher class cuz i want to be one heheheh).

if its about stats and feats i'm sure a week after launch someone will have made a simple character editor that will allow you to alter those stats however you wish.

We haven't seen a spike in numbers with backers per day as yet. If the current trend continues with backers, then we'll see a 6 level dungeon same as Watchers Keep. I'm hoping for 7 or 8 levels. I'd be surprised if it's more than 8 levels.

7 actually.

And with the spike I expect towards the end prepare to be surprised. (You can totally call me out on it if I'm wrong) =)

In the most recent interview with Josh on kickstarter, its states its at 2,500,000 and rising, so I'm assuming it includes the paypal numbers which the kickstarter page does not. When that was published the Kickstarter page was at 2.25 million I believe, so that hints that paypal may have earned 250,000 dollars on its own. By now its probably already at 2.6 million, maybe 2.7 million. I hope they share the total numbers soon.

In the most recent interview with Josh on kickstarter, its states its at 2,500,000 and rising, so I'm assuming it includes the paypal numbers which the kickstarter page does not. When that was published the Kickstarter page was at 2.25 million I believe, so that hints that paypal may have earned 250,000 dollars on its own. By now its probably already at 2.6 million, maybe 2.7 million. I hope they share the total numbers soon.

Seriously?

*Jumps to Kickstarter page*

i don't get you guys that want the adventuring hall so badly...half the fun of playing these games is your traveling companions, their interactions with each other and reactions to events in the world.

I'm not against the Hall per se, but I just don't understand the fervor behind creating this pack of no name adventurers when there will likely be well written characters to choose from each class (except hopefully no cipher class cuz i want to be one heheheh).

if its about stats and feats i'm sure a week after launch someone will have made a simple character editor that will allow you to alter those stats however you wish.

It adds replay value. Instead of the exact same dialogue for every run through, you can create new people to go on your mad harebrained schemes. No, they probably won't have any lines (it would be incredible if they did), but I personally wouldn't want to just use an editor for the given companions. What would be the point in editing say the fighter companion into a druid (because you really want two or three, or a DOZEN druids :biggrin: ) when he will still sound and behave exactly like a fighter? Plus it gives you a chance to ditch any really annoying companion which is always a fantastic option, and replace them with someone you want. Win win!

^I just like the idea behind it, as it merges IWD's/TOEE's party creation Philosphy with BG's/PS:T's recruitable, fleshed out party member system. So we're getting a game that allows for both styles. What's not to love?

Godlike races was one of the things I was hoping for.

Next, crafting please! Not too fussed about the two classes or the adventurer hall.

Truth be told, I.....pretty much ignore crafting systems....I just use the loot I pick up from dead enemies. It might not get me the most powerful sword, but I just don't feel like traipsing back to the nearest blacksmith when the adventuring is done.

Still, it is a stepping stone to the Cipher class.....

image-163149-full.jpg?1348680770

so that hints that paypal may have earned 250,000 dollars on its own. By now its probably already at 2.6 million, maybe 2.7 million. I hope they share the total numbers soon.

Paypal is only at $13,893.71 at the moment.

https://twitter.com/obsidian

Completely off topic, but I did laugh at this one on the twitter: "We might put in a code wheel or make you look up a word on page 20, paragraph 2. (Just kidding.)"

Personally, I don't care about crafting and the cipher class doesn't appeal to me (I like barbarians). But damn, I want that adventurers guild hall very badly!

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I think the barbarian class sounds a little too much like every barbarian class that exists. They should be less prone to exhaustion, swifter and usually more powerful than fighters, and more susceptible to magic -- at least if you want to emulate the Robert E Howard style barbarian. Conan had a deep superstition and awe as regards magic. Conan was a pretty canny fighter, relying on instinct, speed, and immense strength. He was not prone to fighting with rage nor "rage exhaustion".

One might imagine a barbarian warrior of fantasy as someone who uses myriad weapons, is fast and strong, is capable of wearing heavier armor but is not particularly experienced in wearing heavy armor. They are wise warriors and have some ability as a rogue (stealth), but no ranger abilities except tracking and such. They would be slightly more vulnerable to all forms of magic than most.

Edited by septembervirgin

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

But damn, I want that adventurers guild hall very badly!
I've been an advocate since a developer first suggested it. If we don't make it, I'll be sad.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Can I sign my name in the Adventurer's Guild log book and read about the, possibly hilarious, efforts of other adventurers therein QFG style? :p

34t1ily.jpg

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

I think the barbarian class sounds a little too much like every barbarian class that exists. They should be less prone to exhaustion, swifter and usually more powerful than fighters, and more susceptible to magic -- at least if you want to emulate the Robert E Howard style barbarian. Conan had a deep superstition and awe as regards magic. Conan was a pretty canny fighter, relying on instinct, speed, and immense strength. He was not prone to fighting with rage nor "rage exhaustion".

One might imagine a barbarian warrior of fantasy as someone who uses myriad weapons, is fast and strong, is capable of wearing heavier armor but is not particularly experienced in wearing heavy armor. They are wise warriors and have some ability as a rogue (stealth), but no ranger abilities except tracking and such. They would be slightly more vulnerable to all forms of magic than most.

Yeah, Conan was basically the archetype of a barbarian for fantasy settings. He definitely got angry sometimes and wasted people in rage, but that wasn't his usual routine. I think there should be a distinction between barbarians and berserkers, they just operate on different principles.

Take dwarven berserkers (battleragers) from D&D for example, they just use everything they've got and go into a frenzy/berserker rage, taking down any enemy they can without any concern for themselves. Barbarians do use their fury to give them more strength in battle, but they fight with much more discipline than berserkers. Berserks may use heavy armor as well, rigging it with jagged spikes to do more damage to their enemies, unlike barbarians who prefer mobility to heavy armor.

That's how I view them anyway, and I think those differences should be noted and not bunched up under either definition.

Edit: Typo

Edited by Archmage Silver

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Yes, let's talk to each of them, singly, in turn!

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."