Only 2 000 dollars til godlike races and a load of thumbscrew modes for the masochists! :D

I loved the genasi in Mask of the betrayer, especially air genasi, and Anjali the fire archon in DS III was not too bad either, so I do of course hope for elemental godlike races. What do you hope for?

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

What are Godlike races? Aasimar, Tiefling, Djinni, Yuan-Ti?

Now don't smite me but... Aasimar is half-human, half-angel, whilst Tiefling is half-human, half-demon?

What about full-demon and full-angel?

EDIT: I would love to see the Doglike (for one, Dog = goD) creature from Egyptian mythology :D Minotaurs would be awesome as well. One can dream <3

Edited by Osvir

What are Godlike races? Aasimar, Tiefling, Djinni, Yuan-Ti?

Now don't smite me but... Aasimar is half-human, half-angel, whilst Tiefling is half-human, half-demon?

What about full-demon and full-angel?

Hot half. They have Lower / Upper plane ancestry somewhere further down the family tree, great grand father or something like that.

Say no to popamole!

Anything that adds to the mythos and lore of a brand new setting is definitely welcome by me.

Also, in their description, these races are said to have been imbued with something a little extra by the Gods. I think it would be cool to call them Godliked (implying they're chosen/special). Just throwing it out there.

• Like 2

They think my style strange,

I think they all the same.

Since there are subraces, I always assumed that the godlike races would be 'good' aligned (aasimar) 'evil' aligned (tiefling) or elemental aligned (the various genasi) from the beginning.

These races would have stat/skill bonuses, but have associated penalties from people's expectations of them. Negative stereotypes are common enough, but what about positive ones: "What do you mean you can't bring my parent/lover/child back from the dead? I've heard that your kind can do anything." That kind of reaction could make for interesting story possiblities.

Since there are subraces, I always assumed that the godlike races would be 'good' aligned (aasimar) 'evil' aligned (tiefling) or elemental aligned (the various genasi) from the beginning.

These races would have stat/skill bonuses, but have associated penalties from people's expectations of them. Negative stereotypes are common enough, but what about positive ones: "What do you mean you can't bring my parent/lover/child back from the dead? I've heard that your kind can do anything." That kind of reaction could make for interesting story possiblities.

we can...for a price...kukuku

What if these Godlike races were actually subraces of the standard races?

Planetouched Elves or Dwarves anyone?

You know, I never thought of that but you are absolutely correct. DnD planetouched races are always based off of humans because EVERY hybrid race in DnD (halfelves/halforcs) are part human. There is no logical reason why that should be the case unless the gods are like the Greek pantheon and take a liking to humans (and only humans) when they decide to step off of Mt Olympus for some action.

• Like 1

afaik they said godlike race, not races

Did they?

Remember the Heart of Fury challenge mode from the Icewind Dale series? How about Ironman Mode from Temple of Elemental Evil? Hardcore mode from Fallout: New Vegas ring a bell? At $2.3M, we've got 'em all and they can all be turned on at the same time... Ouch! Also, Godlike races come at this level. Check out Update #9 for more details!

When I first read the description I actually thought it might been subrace packages for different races.

Along with these modes, we also want to introduce the Godlike races. These folks have been described previously as being similar to the humanoid "planetouched" in D&D: aasimar, tieflings, and genasi. That is a good high-level description of them, but they are viewed differently by various factions, faiths, and cultures in the world of Project Eternity. Godlike were "blessed" before birth by one or more of the meddling deities of this world. Though their appearances vary, they are unmistakeably otherworldly when anyone gets a clear look at them. Sometimes, the reaction they get is overwhelmingly positive. Many times, the reaction is overwhelmingly not. For better or worse, the physical "gifts" that mark them as Godlike always come with supernatural blessings (and curses) of their own.

First, it does say races here as well and nowhere it says human. We don't even know if humans are the most dominant race in this setting. They describe it as a blessing before birth, not ancestory, I don't see why it has to be a specific race. Right now I'm wondering if their will be "blessings" from different gods, if you can see from which god someone was "blessed" and if that will matter how a group responds to you.

They wrote "god-touched" elsewhere. Perhaps the souls of these races are slightly tainted with divine power. It would be great if it is related to the soul-theme.

Wasn't there a mysterious cod-piece reference in MotB NWN2, now it all comes together.... :o *Twilight music*

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

What if these Godlike races were actually subraces of the standard races?

Planetouched Elves or Dwarves anyone?

This is so true. This needs to become a reality. Why should only humans get awesome subraces? Its unfair how much humans have going for them in D&D like games (they are the most widely accepted race, least hated, jack of all trades, etc). When i play P:E i want to know that i'm not the only person not playing a Human. The Devs need to receive innovative ideas like this more often from regular posts instead of Biased polls and reddit Q&As.

• 1 month later...

godlie races is dump idea for me (the are not RACE they are hybrids not pure races) if they are gonna be like ASSimars from D&D.

The only reason i think that half-angels/demons whoud exist is for them to be outsiders hated by everywon, but even then strong comunty og Half-angels is just kiddy idea form me. Godlike races in any therms are always to overpowred (even in ideal level) and putting some disadvanteges like -1lvl is just a prof that developers have NO idea haw to putt them in game without distroing mechanics of other races ....

Only reasonable idea for me is that Half-angels/demons is when somethimes half-angel is week ( presending in human form) and strong im more (angel form) but this kind of mechanic is hery hard to putt in game ....

IF they gonna be like Vincent Valentine from FF7 (somethines week somethimes destoying everything) this whoud be good idea.

human form56570_vincent_valentine_final_fantasy_vii.jpg

Not human form docfmv055.jpg

Edited by Ulquiorra