Well they've talked about how god's love meddling in the affairs of mortals so I think we can expect godlike's to just be a single race of people who's ancestors banged a god or something. I doubt they will be based on Christian Angel/Devil archetype's as the gods seem to be more pagan to me, so I doubt there will be overtly good/evil gods. Elements are a possibility but unlikely I think, unless the gods are elemental as well.

Edited by jezz555

Well they've talked about how god's love meddling in the affairs of mortals so I think we can expect godlike's to just be a single race of people who's ancestors banged a god or something. I doubt they will be based on Christian Angel/Devil archetype's as the gods seem to be more pagan to me, so I doubt there will be overtly good/evil gods. Elements are a possibility but unlikely I think, unless the gods are elemental as well.

Meh, they sound like special snowflakes to me. I'm predicting angsty black angel wings and a racial ability to dual wield katanas...

Edited by Mandragore
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks these guys will end up the mary sues of the PE universe?

EDIT:

The anime pics aren't helping...

Nahh, Obsidian had two (Almost 3) Godish companions in Mask of the Betrayer, and they were badass. And hey, in Planescape every companion was godlike in their own way, so I don't think they'll suffer from massive mary sue syndrome.

Personally hoping they'll be less Aasimar/Tieflings, more Anakites.

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself! Apart from pain... and maybe humiliation. And obviously death and failure. But apart from fear, pain, humiliation, failure, the unknown and death, we have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

The anime pics aren't helping...

They are not from anime they are grom game. Besides two form handing godlike is in my opinion better then always overpowerd form. Why ? Haw human soul can be mixed with angel/demon/god soul ? This is the same mix like mixing ant with elefant.

Whe only posible way in my opinion is not putting mix between ant and elefant and calling it antefant but putting it in two diffrent forms weeker (ant) and stronger (elefant) just like werewolf

wolfman.jpeg

I'm thinking that it'll be just the opposite. Anakites were simply large humans, though very impressive specimens. The planetouched of Planescape have a bit more panache and are suitably "other" in appearance to make a strong first impression upon videogame players.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

I'm thinking that it'll be just the opposite. Anakites were simply large humans, though very impressive specimens. The planetouched of Planescape have a bit more panache and are suitably "other" in appearance to make a strong first impression upon videogame players.

That's exactly what I don't like. They (at least the Tieflings) are too different.

Reminds me of how people complained that the Qunari looked "just like bigger humans" in DA:O. Really?

They were giant, grey/black-skinned, white-haired, red-eyed bodybuilders with leaf-shaped ears. Didn't look like any humans I've ever seen.

So what did Bioware do to further distinguish them from humans? They added horns and pretended like they were supposed to have had horns from the very beginning.

And pretty much every damn RPG has done the same thing with their elves. Made them shorter and/or thinner than humans, made their ears larger and more pointy than they were originally described to be, made them androgynous... even given them weird skin and/or hair colors.

And then we have the orcs. Green skin. Huge tusks. *shudder* Need I say more?

So what if you can't tell the difference a mile away? As long as there's some kind of giveaway once you get up close...

The differences (between demi-humans, that is) should be subtle IMO, lest they start looking like caricatures.

Edited by Agelastos

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself! Apart from pain... and maybe humiliation. And obviously death and failure. But apart from fear, pain, humiliation, failure, the unknown and death, we have nothing to fear but fear itself!"