Dragons Dogma type system

So, Dragons Dogma had a fairly neat (Yet a little frustrating on how they forced it) system in which you would make your character, and a companion character. All the details, looks/abilities/etc. Granted this would only work if the character could create party members like previous games.

Then when other players go to (For simplicity) a tavern area, where you could take other players characters. Then when a person was done using your character, they could give something to that character to bring back to you, a prize basically (Granted most people gave crap).

Another thing that was neat, is that your AI would actually learn about creatures. Basically, if they found a weakness/strength (If they used fire on a creature with weak fire. Or strong against fire) they would tell you about it. They could also learn these things while working with others.

The system had some pros and cons

Pros

- There was a rating system, so you could see what people thought of your character

- Random rewards could be nice, was pleasant

- Just a cool thought that your character is out adventuring

- They could learn from creatures.

Cons

- Character never leveled when you took one, so you are constantly replacing with new characters

- You were forced to do this (Or pick rather crappy AI created ones)

- People usually didn't take the rate/reward system seriously. They did default settings, and gave crappiest thing in inventory

I think it would be pretty neat if in the Hall of Heroes, if we could find other players, and their party members. Then be able to rate them, and provide them with gifts.

No. This should be a strictly Single Player experience without wasting any funds on in-game popularity contests.....screw what others think of my character, I couldn't care less if they like it or hate it. Sinking time and funds in nonsense like this would be a complete waste.

• Like 1

1zq6793.jpg

First and foremost, I'd rather they spend their time and resources on the single player aspect.

Having said that, I don't think that kind of system would be plausible to expect in a game of PE's scope anyway. It might have a "neat" factor attached to it, but it seems like an overly complicated addition to the game.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Pros

- There was a rating system, so you could see what people thought of your character

All great in a single player experience. I specially like where you learn from creatures.

The rating system doesn't necessarily have to be from other players (a.k.a Online) but manifested in a sort of Single-Player Fame/Reputation a la "What does the in-game world, think of you?"

Pros

All great in a single player experience. I specially like where you learn from creatures.

The rating system doesn't necessarily have to be from other players (a.k.a Online) but manifested in a sort of Single-Player Fame/Reputation a la "What does the in-game world, think of you?"

That makes no sense. The rating system is purely cosmetic....based on looks and perhaps class. the question is "Do other players like how your character looks and what it can do?"

Having the game game tell the player that his chosen character/features is/are ugly or his chosen class or level-up path suck is just bad development choice. Having your game tell the player that he/she sucks is the fastest way to lose customers and/or possibly get sued......remember the family that sued Nintendo because the Wii told their daughter(or was it son?) she was fat? :getlost:

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

It was a neat concept, and one that could become really interesting if further developed, but I don't think that this game is the best place for that system. As has been said multiple times already, PE was conceived (and funded!) from the beginning as a single player game and adding anything multiplayer/online at all is probably more trouble than it's worth.

Its a fun concept...for Dragon's Dogma. Where the lore of reality was that there were many alternate universes and your personal Pawn could traverse them while you rested because traveling worlds was what Pawns did.

I don't think I've seen anything in PE that makes me think an equivalent system would work. Also since they're really focusing on SP play, I can't help but think anything that would require work to implement for connecting characters would be a drain on their resources.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Interesting, but no. PE is single player and should stay single player. However, should they decide to include some of the awesome character creation ideas I would be happy.

• Like 1

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

I liked it in Dragon's Dogma and think it would be nice to be able to share npc's.

Also some of you are aware that Dragon's Dogma was single player? Just because a game has some online functionality doesn't make it "mutliplayer." Multiplayer means......there's more then one person (online or offline). Dragon's dogma was single player only.

It wouldn't be required (Wasn't in DD, you could play the game offline just fine) and the dev's had pre-made companions that wandered around the world, along with other player made ones if you were connected to the net.

While I'd put other things above it in terms of PE development I wouldn't se ethe harm in allowing players to share companions that they make with the adventurers hall.