Paladins and Bards

Paladins and Bards  

368 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Paladins to be added?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent or undecided
  2. 2. Would you like Bards to be added?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent or undecided

Feargus just wrote this in the kickstarter chat:

Sorry - should have said that our InBox had gotten full during the night and I am trying to power through them. I will be on to answer questions and troll about Paladins around 10:30am PST.

^^

All Paladin lovers: Join the chat at 10.30am PST and thank Feargus that he saved us a lot of cash. :)

:closed:

Feargus just wrote this in the kickstarter chat:

Sorry - should have said that our InBox had gotten full during the night and I am trying to power through them. I will be on to answer questions and troll about Paladins around 10:30am PST.

^^

All Paladin lovers: Join the chat at 10.30am PST and thank Feargus that he saved us a lot of cash. :)

An important announcement a week before the finish? - sure sounds dirty. o:):lol:

I didn't care that much for bards until I used one (a bard-equivalent, anyway, sings songs to buff allies, debuff and banish enemies,) to utterly destroy the Lovecraftian-eldritch abomination endboss with THE POWER OF ROCK in a game. Directly, as in the song did the killing, not the buffed party. So yeah, let's listen to some songs.

Edited by AGX-17

0635ea8f437022696d117c499034941c_large.jpg?1349812112

Paladins and Bard-likes?

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Seriously, at first, I thought there would be no paladin. However, when I came to think of the possible stretch goals, there are already ranger/barbarian sub classes and this thread proved that paladins and bards are two popular classes... Well, I thought more highly of Obsidian, though. I guess they are more of bards chaters than paladins. :lol:

And one bard chanter coming at 2.8m. :w00t:

Edited by Wombat

I'm lazy, copy+paste from this thread:

http://forums.obsidi...nd-28-revealed/

Lol I'm not trolling. Chanting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbE5HtqU7us

EDIT: Some magic of the soul = Singing/Chanting/Incantation

Also, this monk is badass ;)

2nd EDIT: I can see the Chanter being a Monk/Priest/Bard (Brother Tuck springs to mind). Rogue? Possibly, if a "Town Crier" could be seen as a "Chanter", sure.

2.7 is Paladin and Bard Chanter

2.8 is George Zeits

I've seen this mixed up in several threads :p

EDIT: I mixed it up haha

2nd: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chant

Edited by Osvir

For me, Paladins can be interesting, but Bards Chanters are a concern. I hope they come up with a class that is less lame than previous D&D Bardic implementations.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

It is good that they listened to fans opinions and desires. I was concerned about adding Paladins and Bards, but they added a nice twist to both classes, they do not seem to be your typical stereotype.

As long as they carry unique twists that distinctly set them apart--I'm not worried about chanter, but so long as paladin can't be recreated in the warrior-priest umbrella--sure... Not a personal fan of zealotry, though, so I'll probably never play the paladin. :p

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I note the supposed Bard is as far away from all the things that annoyed me about D&D Bards. Chanter is just a better name in general. The outcome feels much better than if they'd just caved and gone, "Okay here's your Bard."

Edited by Umberlin

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

I note the supposed Bard is as far away from all the things that annoyed me about D&D Bards. Chanter is just a better name in general. The outcome feels much better than if they'd just caved and gone, "Okay here's your Bard."

that's because they are packaging all the stuff you hated about D&D Bards into the 3M stretch goal class. Or maybe the main villain

Edited by ogrezilla

that's because they are packaging all the stuff you hated about D&D Bards into the 3M stretch goal class. Or maybe the main villain

Now that would be something to see.

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

Sounds like the PE Paladins will be more about morale/charisma and sheer force of will than... you know... holy powers. Which is a good thing, since it keeps the class from overlapping with the Priest.

I like the sound of this, most definitely. Same with Chanter.

• Like 1

Something stirs within...

I don't get why its so important to a few people not to include certain classes, if you don't like them, don't play them.

At this point it doesn't matter, they're already stretch goals (Paladin/Chanter aka Bard) that I'm absolutely certain will be reached. They can't drop them now as a stretch goal, people have already back it for that stretch goal.

I don't think anyone has to keep justifying why they want a certain class and the bashing of fans of various classes is wrong.

For those that didn't like previous incarnations of Paladin the PE Paladin seems mixed with 4e warlord and Cavaliar and devoted more to causes then to Gods (although Gods and/or specific duties to a God/s can be a cause) heck you could even have Paladin's devoted to Nature instead of Gods for Warden feel.

Chanters seem less foppish minsterial, although that maybe an option in more advance societies, but as a tribal/village singing/story telling Shaman type and lorekeeper. Chants actually make me think of Snake Charmers, only Wayward,spirits instead of snakes.