The Dwarf ranger is a companion!?!?!?

Maybe it's not a wizard, but a rogue, for all we know. He has a rapier and update says rogues are into arcane stuff too.

True, it seems like all classes can tap their souls for otherworldly benefits. But come on, he does seem mage like does he not?

That loin cloth Cadegund has seems to be quite the liability.

Yeah, I didn't notice that until I took a closer look, but it made me laugh. I remember someone commenting about how awfully long it looked, I think in the armour-plea thread. Funny.

Judging by the symbols on her armour, the white and silver colouring, and the fact he seems to be summoning a spell of some kind, I would say she could quite likely be a priestess.

A wizard with trousers, that should make a bunch of people happy.

My favourite is Edair, a fighter without full plate, exotic shield or a fancy helm, his attire seems quite normal, which I like a lot! He and Cadegund will definitely be in my party.

The monk guy with the burning hands is the only one I do not like much. I do not care for fighters that use martial arts, everyone has swords and guns, yet he runs in fists first, utterly senseless. I have a feeling he is a member I will likely replace with the Adventurer's hall.

Great wallpaper, I am looking forward to seeing another with the stretch goal companions.

I really hope the monks can use "fist weapons" of some sort or are even required to do that. I mean... punching undead is one thing, but punching a fully armored fighter, for example--meh. On the other hand, if the monk has a really fun personality (like Tiax or Jan or something), I may very well keep him around.

Female Dwarf ranger doesn't have a name yet. Can't wait to find out more. O the teasing!

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I accept any explanation for monks, hell I accept them even without explanation, because I have loved monks after my first monk killed Firkraag with his first hit with quivering palm. Before that monks had sound somewhat bizarre, but you can forgive nearly anything for person who kill game's probably most hardest enemy with one blow :).

I get the feeling that "classes" are more a starting point and a broad generalisation than a set in stone development path for a character.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

People need to quit with their euro centric view of things.

We are very sorry that we were born white and have a heritage of myths and fairytales which act as one of the holding pillars of modern fantasy.

Oh boo hoo

Continuity, nothing in the game so far is Asian, it all has European, specifically Celtic origins.

So far off lands that don't follow this specific trend in the universe is a no go to you?

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

I get the feeling that "classes" are more a starting point and a broad generalisation than a set in stone development path for a character.

Josh Sawyer indicated mages could wear plate and wield a sword, so it seems that way to me.

Arcane warrior, found my class. :D

Also I take it that dwarves are not going to be all stocky in this world? Or maybe just the females won't? She just looks like a short human.

Isnt that what dwarf is...a short human? Elves, pointy ears, stoic, slender humans? So far we can conclude that if half-elves exist, elves belong to human species, so one of us subspecies of another. At least we are close enough to breed. As for dwarfs...has there ever been half-dwarf in any major fanatsy setting yet? We have half-elves, half-orc, otherwordly half humans nad half this, half that etc.

magic021.jpg

To be honest, I didn't realise that the dwarf ranger was a dwarf at first. :blink:

I went by the clothing and bow and such--I much prefer the simple "bar" facial decoration in the original concept art for her, though. It was the height that threw me off otherwise, but there are going to be subraces, so.... maybe southern boreal dwarves are taller.

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

That picture of the adventuring party is really quite brilliant.

No if you look closely, it's actually pretty bad. The fighter needs to go tank that tentacle creature before it starts destroying the ranger and musket woman. The monk should be able to take care of those other guys (by preventing them from climbing up there), and the mage should lay down an AoE spell to kill them. The Ranger and Musket woman should be focus firing down the tentacle creature. After the mage wipes out most of those enemies, he should switch to casting powerful single target spells on the tentacle creature, while the monk finishes off any stragglers.

Terrible tactics in that picture. Who's playing the game that way?

Edited by Grimlorn
  • Like 1

"snt that what dwarf is...a short human?"

No. Do some research.

"As for dwarfs...has there ever been half-dwarf in any major fanatsy setting yet?"

Yes, they exist in multiple settings including the FR,

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I went by the clothing and bow and such--I much prefer the simple "bar" facial decoration in the original concept art for her, though. It was the height that threw me off otherwise, but there are going to be subraces, so.... maybe southern boreal dwarves are taller.

What threw me is that they don't really look the same except for the clothing. But now I see they're the same person with same hairstyle.

30k58wh.jpg

What threw me is that they don't really look the same except for the clothing. But now I see they're the same person with same hairstyle.

30k58wh.jpg

The same face paint would've helped too. I wonder if they were by the same artist?

Hm, is the monk sporting a dagger on his hip? I'm sure someone noticed that already. Interesting.

30k58wh.jpg

The same face paint would've helped too. I wonder if they were by the same artist?

Hm, is the monk sporting a dagger on his hip? I'm sure someone noticed that already. Interesting.

The fighter also has a whip in the solo artwork of him. So you know he's into S&M.

• 3 weeks later...