The Dwarf ranger is a companion!?!?!?

Based on the wallpaper and the caption it looks like the female dwarf ranger will be your companion. Between this and that first concept art with the description of tundra dwarfs or whatever, this has me super excited. I also really like the looks of the crazy monk, and while I wasn't thrilled with the human woman in her first concept art, I love her in this wallpaper. I'd be pretty pumped if all of these turned out to be companions (minus generic elf wizard).

What say you all if the wallpaper turns out to be the first 5 real companions?

Edited with link:

http://media.obsidian.net/eternity/media/wallpapers/wallpaper001/wallpaper001-1650x1050.jpg

Edited by dukeofyork

That picture of the adventuring party is really quite brilliant. It's old-skool with a twist (guns, fur-clad dwarves, wizards in leather armour). Do you think the musket-wielding character is a priest? am looking at the paladin-like feel to her armour and she's clutching some sort of symbol or pendant. A gun-toting heavily armoured priestess is cool.

They are also locked in mortal combat with an undead legion, in a dungeon, whilst threatened by a mauve tentacled beastie.

Seriously, forgive my fanboy tendencies but it really doesn't get much better than this. Indeed, I am pleased Obsidian. You may proceed. :dancing:

• Like 5

sonsofgygax.JPG

That picture of the adventuring party is really quite brilliant. It's old-skool with a twist (guns, fur-clad dwarves, wizards in leather armour). Do you think the musket-wielding character is a priest? am looking at the paladin-like feel to her armour and she's clutching some sort of symbol or pendant. A gun-toting heavily armoured priestess is cool.

They are also locked in mortal combat with an undead legion, in a dungeon, whilst threatened by a mauve tentacled beastie.

Seriously, forgive my fanboy tendencies but it really doesn't get much better than this. Indeed, I am pleased Obsidian. You may proceed. :dancing:

I would say monk and musket lady are two separate variations of the priest class, which I think is simply brilliant. And I completely agree I am giddy with excitement over this wallpaper and update. :yes:

Doesn't gun chick have a jewel embedded in her armor in the concept art? Maybe she is using that to channel her soul power or something?

Martial arts monks *sigh*. The wallpaper is a nice little glimpse into the world though. Also I take it that dwarves are not going to be all stocky in this world? Or maybe just the females won't? She just looks like a short human.

Edited by Thulean

That loin cloth Cadegund has seems to be quite the liability. Judging by the symbols on her armour, the white and silver colouring, and the fact he seems to be summoning a spell of some kind, I would say she could quite likely be a priestess.

A wizard with trousers, that should make a bunch of people happy.

My favourite is Edair, a fighter without full plate, exotic shield or a fancy helm, his attire seems quite normal, which I like a lot! He and Cadegund will definitely be in my party.

The monk guy with the burning hands is the only one I do not like much. I do not care for fighters that use martial arts, everyone has swords and guns, yet he runs in fists first, utterly senseless. I have a feeling he is a member I will likely replace with the Adventurer's hall.

Great wallpaper, I am looking forward to seeing another with the stretch goal companions.

• Like 1

Female dwarven ranger in furs. There is so much cool in this concept my head hurts.

Is. She. Romanceable. ?

...I'm just kidding, just kidding...

The monk guy with the burning hands is the only one I do not like much.

I'm pretty sure it's Barbarian or Cipher.

Edited by Shadenuat

A wizard with trousers, that should make a bunch of people happy.

And no staff or similar. He is ready for melee.

The wallpapaer is very good. It only lacks the player character, for obvious reasons, for the six member party.

Of those companions, the only one that gives me some doubts is the monk but only because I'm not sure about what is he about. I can see the others and suppose that the ranger is some kind of martial stalker (archer in any case, which is enough for me). But monk? Is it a wizard hunter? A magical jack-of-all-trades?

The wallpapaer is very good. It only lacks the player character, for obvious reasons, for the six member party.

No wait, I though the player character was the huge tentacle-thinghy in the back ground! You know, from one of the "Huh?" races ;(

• Like 5

No more boobz on the gun chick? Lame-o.

But really, it looks fantastic.

"The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny, chaos will be sown by their passage," so sayeth the wise Alaundo.

768543sarevokred1.jpg

Never liked monks in classical fantasy, I'll admit.

Agreed, monks should tend gardens and wear habits. Kung-fu monks just do not fit that `late medieval feel´ but I am sure someone likes it, probably the same people that want samurai and ninjas.

• Like 2

Monks are in.

Arh, just noticed, yeah, they are one of the seven.

Meh. Never liked monks in classical fantasy, I'll admit.

I like the role that monks play in games. What I don't like is the way they end up being generically Asian. Monks are Asian, and nunchucks are Asian, therefore monks use nunchuks. It's really off-putting for me.

I like the role that monks play in games. What I don't like is the way they end up being generically Asian. Monks are Asian, and nunchucks are Asian, therefore monks use nunchuks. It's really off-putting for me.

Well, Monks are in like it or not, we can not change that. But we could suggest a different approach, that is not the staple fung-fu kicking, nunchaku swinging action stars that we dislike. But my lack of imagination could never let me come up with something better.