Update #15: PayPal, Polish and Russian support, $2.5M/$2.6M stretch goals, new reddit Q&A, classes, and art!

Wouldn't CDP be more likely for Poles in this case, based on the game being on GOG already?

I'm not saying it's not possible, but I'd say Cenega is likely. GOG and "blue" CD Projekt (which distributes games in Poland) are quite separate from each other aside from common ownership (note that GOG doesn't even offer Polish versions of any games, even ones published by CDP). And given that Russian and Polish were announced together, I'd say it points to Cenega, since it is owned by the Russian 1С.

• Like 1

Like what I see, only a few little nit picks.

- Most of the description have the characters talk about combat use, I would like to see skills described being able to use outside of combat. An example like the cipher, if you can manipulate souls, then I would like to have that option to be used in dialog conversations and gain abilities that are social/non violent based.

- The description seems to make the characters "the good guy". Which most games do, but I really hope we can be good, evil, neutral, shades of grey.

- The gods, I hope to see different gods in the same domain. Like we have differnt historical cultures who have different gods that cover same fields like fertility, death, love, war, health, etc. Also, what about forbidden gods like lovecraft inspired. I really like the art piece and it gives the impression that there is some sort of lovecraft creature and necromancy going on, instead of destrying the big bad entity, what about the option to join it? Being able to summon horrors beyond time and space and using necromancy to bring back my enemies to fight for me would definetly make me join the dark side.

Like I said, minor nit picking and like what I see.

That's one down. The Adventurer's Hall fulfills one of my two major requests for Project Eternity. I promised to double my pledge if you offered both of them, so this gets some money from me.

I've not read the full update yet, just watched the video...

but I just about fainted when they "confirmed" the Adventurer's Hall.

We MUST reach that stretch goal! I have to sell some crap to raise some money to send Obsidian more.

• Like 2

That's one down. The Adventurer's Hall fulfills one of my two major requests for Project Eternity. I promised to double my pledge if you offered both of them, so this gets some money from me.

All that remains is for Obsidian to let us know whether we'll be allowed to use any party member as party spokesperson (like BG, IWD, or SoZ). That's my other request. You'll see it again below in my signature.

I am not against it, but I doubt it, just because of the huge extra overhead of writing new dialog for every character besides the main PC.

Great update! I was never a fan of psionics, but this cipher class sounds pretty cool. Kind of gives me a Sorcerer vibe in a way. Very intriguing.

I fully expect this suggestion to be greeted with a certain amount of, ah, hostility, but I'd love to see the bard archetype in the game, either as a distinct class or as a variant on wizard. (Or priest, I guess. Or rogue, although that idea always seemed to miss more or less the entire point, to me.)

As you might guess form my avatar (assuming you recognize it), I'd be down with this in a heartbeat!

Yes, and that's really why I used to dual/multi class a lot--there were just certain companions I wanted in the party, or I wanted to try a new configuration and had to use my PC's skill spread to cover party weaknesses, which is all well and good. Or for solo. :) D&D 2ed was very (how do I say it) limited in that regard. I don't remember 3.x and never touched 4. In other games like MMOs I still always played hybrids to cover any group shortcomings or emergencies, and it did help.

I bought a bunch of the 4.0 books, and what struck me when reading the description of the Fighter class was how it sounded quite reminiscent of the 4.0 mechanics. I'm not saying that's a bad thing - I'm pretty excited about this update as well - but that's what occurred to me right away when I read that section.

Excellent update, what you guys are doing is amazing.

One thing I beg you for though; please please please include atheist and anti-theist spheres for priests, monks and druids.

Not as a fallen dark character either but as a paragon or noble character.

It would be so very awesome if you could include this.

Thank you

Why? As noted, in this setting, the gods are very real and it wouldn't make sense for there to even be atheists in the game world. And especially not atheists that have any kind of divine-related power/abilities.

Great update and so glad druids are in, just would like more info on them, but like the difference within classes such as plate wearing wizards etc, and the way the calsses tie in with souls is good, new strecth goals are cool too, more classes is always good, cipher sounds cool, not to fussed on creating my whole team as like companions but nice to have option, im wondering how much guns will feature in classes etc as not a big fan, i know they are primitive but bit more info would be good, as would prefer not to have to use them at all or v little prefer bows/spells.

Really hope Druids can shape change/summon, and that druids/rangers get pets. also be nice to know there out of combat skills etc ?

I think Cadegun is a priestess --- she's turning those undead with an amulet. I've commented on this stuff on the other general discussion forum but will reiterate how great all of this content is. Congratulations.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I like how all the classes aren't totally D&D stock because thats gotten pretty boring. Ciphers sound pretty cool and that old monk dude in the wallpaper makes me want to have a badass barefisted monk build and go Fist of the North Star on everyone.

Custom party member creation sounds pretty neat but I probably won't use it because I'd prefer to use actual characters instead of no name grunts and knowing you guys I'm sure I'm going to really like the main party members.

Great update!

Keep crackin' the whip and churn out those updates.

:dancing:

EDIT: Excellent compromise with the addition of the Adventurer Hall. This way everyone is happy! :wub:

Edited by Gurkog
Grandiose statements, cryptic warnings, blind fanboyisim and an opinion that leaves no room for argument and will never be dissuaded. Welcome to the forums, you'll go far in this place my boy, you'll go far!

The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.

I must admit I don't really get the "Ciphers". How can a person be a cipher? I only know cipher as in "algorithm for encryption/decryption":

bro, just think "awesome class that can control people with their minds and then melt them with said mind once their usefulness has expired" and you'll be all set.

Still 2012??? FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU...

*cough**cough*

I mean, awesome update. Must have psionic class and custom NPCs. Must have. I wish I could raise my pledge but as I mentioned once in the Kickstarter, I can only pledge my work force at this moment. So people better start ignoring other projects and raise pledges for this one!!! :p

The ranger does indeed seem as tall as Cadegund but it's ok. And Cadegund looks amazing. :w00t: Need names for the wizard and the monk!!! Do we have magical tattooes in PE?

Splendid update, really got the old imaginative juices flowing. So do wizards have to actually hold their grimoires in hand mid combat, or is it a matter of attuning their minds (and souls) to the pathways of knowledge presented within? Either way, sounds good to me.

The lovecraftian derring do illustration really appeals, the monk has me unfeasibly interested.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I don't really have anything to add except that this update does nothing but make me happy, but especially:

Ah, no mention of multiclassing or the like. But :

If you want to create a wizard who wears plate armor and hacks away with a broadsword from behind a heavily-enhanced arcane veil, we want to let you do that. If your idea of the perfect fighter is one who wears light armor and uses a variety of dazzling rapier attacks in rapid succession, we want to help you make that character. So it's good to think of Project Eternity's classes as being purpose-ready but not purpose-limited.

Perfect.

I am very, very pleased with this feature.

Over time, you can build your own custom parties to play through the game. If you want a party of monks or all casters, this gives you the ability to do it within the game while still maintaining the pacing of the standard PC + companions play style.

The above sounds like it addresses the requests to allow fully self-made parties, but not at game creation. I wonder what the "over time" means. Intriguing. Good option to have, I'd like to see it.

Sounds like it's intended to keep parties to scale to the pace at which you'd acquire new companions. Given that it's a merc hangout, there might be a monetary cost per extra adventurer. Maybe also level requirements or sth.

• Like 1

Guest Luke Cartner

Well, in this world the gods are a matter of fact, not faith, so I'm not sure if "atheist priests" make sense here.

Sure they do. As it has been described the priest's belief or force of will in his or her sphere allows them to call on their soul to heal, buff, debuff or what ever.

An atheist priest could faith in the material world, him or herself or in the good of those around them to fuel the spell.

An anti-theist priest could call on their faith that gods are an necessary and anger at the tyranny of the gods to fuel the spells.

Unleashing these folks without crappy publishers is great --- look at all the diverse content. Hall of Heroes is like IWD, Ciphers remind me of weird planescape funkiness, the NPCs are already evocative of BG and there are giant bloody dungeons. Could we *really* be seeing something for everyone?

• Like 4

sonsofgygax.JPG

Unleashing these folks without crappy publishers is great --- look at all the diverse content. Hall of Heroes is like IWD, Ciphers remind me of weird planescape funkiness, the NPCs are already evocative of BG and there are giant bloody dungeons. Could we *really* be seeing something for everyone?

I'm just glad Ciphers are almost in...now my dreams of playing a misunderstood, super powerful, unique and beautiful snowflake descendant of a godlike race can come true!

that old monk dude in the wallpaper makes me want to have a badass barefisted monk build and go Fist of the North Star on everyone.

Ditto. I think a Monk is going to be my first playthrough. Although I have to be honest, all of the descriptions so far sound so good I kind of want to play all of them. I can see myself playing this over and over trying out different styles.

High-Priest of Funk of the Obsidian Order

Is that a wizard in the picture? I thought I was looking at a D&D warlock. But a wizard able to use light armor and a sword suits me just fine.

I guess Cadegund is likely a priest.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, the Cipher class sounds a bit broken. Gameplay wise. I believe that, since a Cipher can manipulate the soul of another bearer, he could also very well drain it from him. Or possibly weaken it or render it useless for a time. This could be a very big gameplay advantage. I assume that is the point of the class. Sort of a buffer/debuffer mostly. Man, I'm thinking all sorts of cheats with the Cipher right now.

Love, love, love the adventurer hall.

You know, this entire setting gives me the idea that you all brainstormed on making this world for a custom d20 campaign and that the 6 main characters were all just your PCs. If so ... could you guys film it and upload it on, say, youtube. The entire community would love to see you play a game in PE's setting. It could also work as an introduction into the world and give us a feel of what to expect and it would be quite a way to advertise your product.

OK, so I just want to see you guys RP'ing. No harm in that!