Can the Devs please tell us more about Souls please.

Hi

Was reading Sawyer's interview on XP4T and liked this bit:

XP4T: Souls as the source of magic, and energy. Is it far out to imagine pits of humans thrown together in order to harvest their energy for dark purposes?

Josh Sawyer: No, it isn’t too far out! That’s actually something we like about the soul concept. It lends itself to interesting ideas of how societies might function based on the reality of souls being a source of power. One idea we’ve discussed is the idea of a culture where those in power control the economic environment of the populace to such an extent that people literally sell their souls (in a fashion) to free themselves or their families from crippling debt.

----

Souls appear to be central to this game --- to the magic, abilities, theme, politics... everything. It's a bit difficult to take the conversation forward on the forums, though, without any steer about what you're thinking about it.

So, a very humble request, are you in a position to share a bit more?

Thanks

MC

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

It could be interesting if by some plot devices or game mechanics, as you progress, you can 'power up' your soul by recovering shards of it or being able to absorb other souls.

(I think that in a video souls were discussed a bit and it was said that people could have souls able to remember past lives, or had more than one souls inside their body or that their souls was fractured or shattered)

i wish engaging with soul bussiness would be evil in the game world

Here lies Firedorn, a hero in bed.
He once was alive, but now he's dead.
The last woman he bedded turned out to be a man
And crying in shame, off a cliff he ran.

i wish engaging with soul bussiness would be evil in the game world

I hope they don't make arbitrary judgements on what is evil or not

How about pouring flaming oil onto an old people's home, just for a giggle?

Call me a boring, anti-relativist authoritarian but I'd call that fairly evil.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I hope selling souls

Hi

Was reading Sawyer's interview on XP4T and liked this bit:

XP4T: Souls as the source of magic, and energy. Is it far out to imagine pits of humans thrown together in order to harvest their energy for dark purposes?

Josh Sawyer: No, it isn’t too far out! That’s actually something we like about the soul concept. It lends itself to interesting ideas of how societies might function based on the reality of souls being a source of power. One idea we’ve discussed is the idea of a culture where those in power control the economic environment of the populace to such an extent that people literally sell their souls (in a fashion) to free themselves or their families from crippling debt.

----

Souls appear to be central to this game --- to the magic, abilities, theme, politics... everything. It's a bit difficult to take the conversation forward on the forums, though, without any steer about what you're thinking about it.

So, a very humble request, are you in a position to share a bit more?

Thanks

MC

Whoa, I like the idea of people selling souls.