Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PayPal Support is Now Live

project eternity paypal

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Meshugger

Meshugger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5239 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

So I finally got to donate. Now I just have to wait until I can donate the $20 for international shipping.

Ooops. Donated 65 buckaroos for the boxed version, but i forgot extra 15 for shipping, now what? Do another bid on 15 or....?

you can add an additional donation, and they'll basically credit your tally to it. if you were trying to do it from the original thing, you'd have done your own amount, obsidian would send a survey to you asking exactly what you wanted to do with the funds (what level you were going for, if you were doing any addons, etc), and then you're good.

Thanks for the info!

Madzookeeper

Madzookeeper

Master Wetboy of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 125 posts
happy to help. :)

Hornet85

Hornet85

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

concerning changing tiers/adding pledges post kickstarter, i'm planning on asking feargus about that the next time he gets on. i even directly quoted one of you guys doing it (the e-mail above specifically), so as soon as i get an answer it WILL be posted in here. a direct quote.

Thanks man. I'm one of those who can only afford a smaller tier right now, but would love to upgrade later on. Hopefully it happens.

Madzookeeper

Madzookeeper

• Members
  • 125 posts
there actually is a quote concerning the paypal post kickstarter:

"@Chris Buck We will continue to take donations for a while after the Kickstarter campaign. We are working on our own storefront that will take donations and also let everyone buy the latest in Obsidian wear."(Oct5)

dunno if that was feargus or not, but i'll still ask him and get a quote myself on it. but it looks like you will probably be able to for a time.

Madzookeeper

Madzookeeper

• Members
  • 125 posts
concerning the post kickstarter stuff, there isn't an answer yet, but feargus said he was going to ask darren (one of their tech guys i believe) about doing something like that. will keep you guys updated as i can.
  • Hornet85 likes this

Wirdjos

Wirdjos

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

concerning the post kickstarter stuff, there isn't an answer yet, but feargus said he was going to ask darren (one of their tech guys i believe) about doing something like that. will keep you guys updated as i can.

Thank you for your continued help. I'll keep watching this thread.

Inyourprime

Inyourprime

Coach of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Okay, that sounds good. I'm needing to lower my pledge due to other pressing matters. Hopefully they'll have something in place just as inXile did with Wasteland 2.

Madzookeeper

Madzookeeper

• Members
  • 125 posts
news on if they're going to continue taking pledges post kickstarter:

Creator Obsidian Entertainment 21 minutes ago

@Ink Blot Sorry! Saw that and the slipped my mind about answering. Yes, like Wasteland 2, we will keep on taking pledges / donations after the Kickstarter is over on PayPal. I posted this a bit ago, but this is what Wasteland 2 is doing.
http://wasteland.inx...ertainment.com/

so i'd say that's a definite yes. they are talking about adding to pledges in the next day or so. but if they're taking pledges, i'd imagine they'll up them as well, since most things have.

EDIT

i just explained to feargus how the wasteland 2 guys did the post kickstarter pledge additions, and he's sending it over to darren. so there's an even better chance that it will be possible.

Edited by Madzookeeper, 09 October 2012 - 10:38 PM.

• Hornet85 likes this

Shiroco

Shiroco

Desertstorm of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Is there a way to see how much money was already donated and how many people made donations? Would be awesome to know how close to those new stretch goals und deeper dungeon lvls we already are.

I'm really pumped for this project and the whole kickstarter thing!

Madzookeeper

Madzookeeper

• Members
  • 125 posts
last i'd heard about paypal, it was around 35k donated (i know it's more, i just don't know how much) with about 700 backers. will get updated figures next time feargus is around.

Wirdjos

Wirdjos

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

@Ink Blot Sorry! Saw that and the slipped my mind about answering. Yes, like Wasteland 2, we will keep on taking pledges / donations after the Kickstarter is over on PayPal. I posted this a bit ago, but this is what Wasteland 2 is doing.

so i'd say that's a definite yes. they are talking about adding to pledges in the next day or so. but if they're taking pledges, i'd imagine they'll up them as well, since most things have.

EDIT

i just explained to feargus how the wasteland 2 guys did the post kickstarter pledge additions, and he's sending it over to darren. so there's an even better chance that it will be possible.

You are really just all sorts of awesome. Thanks again. Do you think there will be any issue with kickstarter vs. paypal? What I mean is I have donated $100 through kickstarter already. My goal is the $250 tier which I will continue towards after the kickstarter is done through paypal. Do you think it will be difficult to add the future $150 through paypal to the previous $100 through kickstarter? Should I cancel my pledge and send it through paypal instead?

Madzookeeper

Madzookeeper

• Members
  • 125 posts
thanks.

and not really, if they do what wasteland 2 did. they basically made a site so that you could link your paypal e-mail with your kickstarter one under a single account, and it's really easy to upgrade your pledge that way. i've already done it twice with wasteland.

Wirdjos

Wirdjos

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

thanks.

and not really, if they do what wasteland 2 did. they basically made a site so that you could link your paypal e-mail with your kickstarter one under a single account, and it's really easy to upgrade your pledge that way. i've already done it twice with wasteland.

I can hardly contain my excitement! I was really disappointed when I realized I'd never be able to get that hardcover art book. Now it looks like I can and this incredible sounding game gets to benefit from my need for nicely bound things. If you get the chance, you should really encourage Feargus to add some of this information to an update soon.

Madzookeeper

Madzookeeper

• Members
  • 125 posts
latest paypal number is 41k, so we're already over 2.6 million in total. which is really awesome.

also, i'm going to ask feargus if darren has figured anything about what i explained tomorrow. figured give them a little more time to get that figured out. of course they may include it in an update as well, but either way hopefully the information gets out.

@ wirdjos

definitely understandable. i might try to as well, but i really doubt i'll be able to make it to the next tier. sadly.

Hornet85

Hornet85

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

EDIT

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you mentioned the pledge addition because I was afraid that there's some confusion since Wasteland 2 have both feature that allows backer to add their pledge, as well as new people to support them by buying a whole package.

Stoibs

Stoibs

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
So unlike Kickstarter there's no way to manually enter the amount after selecting a tier, Do I literally just select the "Donate Your own amount" option if I'm forced to pay international shipping fees?

Will a survey be sent out so I can specifically mention that my arbitrary "$100 donation" is for the $65 Retail pack + the $15 shipping + the $20 Expansion pack add-on?
Thanks, first time I've been forced to use paypal rather then kickstarter for a project due to recent unfortunate credit card problems ;(

Madzookeeper

Madzookeeper

• Members
  • 125 posts
@ stoibs

yes, you would that donate your own amount button. and yes, that's generally how they figure out what exactly you're doing.

Nordicus

Nordicus

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Vegreaper

Will a survey be sent out so I can specifically mention that my arbitrary "$100 donation" is for the $65 Retail pack + the $15 shipping + the $20 Expansion pack add-on?
Thanks, first time I've been forced to use paypal rather then kickstarter for a project due to recent unfortunate credit card problems ;(

I think they'll simply have to send a survey, because with all the different add-ons to the donation tiers, there are simply too many different possible donation reward combinations that cost the exact same amount.

Hue

Hue

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
runescape owns

Stoibs

Stoibs

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Cheers Guys.The wording of the the donate your own amount "Tier" has been changed over the last day or so to what it currently has now.
Was slightly confused about it previously. :yes:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: project eternity, paypal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users