When will we get a notice from Obsidian that they have gotten our pay pal donations. I got an email from paypal but nothing from Obsidian as Kickstart says I haven't pledged. I just like some notice stating they received the monies I sent. <>

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

When will we get a notice from Obsidian that they have gotten our pay pal donations. I got an email from paypal but nothing from Obsidian as Kickstart says I haven't pledged. I just like some notice stating they received the monies I sent. <>

Kickstarter website have got absolutely nothing to do with Paypal. You are not paying on behalf of your Kickstarter account. You are paying directly to Obsidian.

We will be identified by our Paypal email address.

I hope that Obsidian decides to regularly update the paypal tally, so we can see if the kickstarter has really reached a stretch goal :). Every kickstarter that I have followed has put something up on there site where you can see the paypal tally. Broken Sword 5, even had a live counter.

Twitter: @Chrono2012

Please note that pledges made through PayPal will not show up on our Kickstarter page' date=' though we will count them toward stretch goals at the end of the campaign

[/quote']

If I remember right, Obsidian will do a tally of the PayPal pledges and will let us know how much has been collected through PayPal if they find it feasible.

So PayPal will be active even after the 12 days have expired Kickstarter campaign?

Ditto. Will you keep collecting Paypal donations after Kickstarter funding goes through?

Thirding this question. I will double my pledge over the next year if I have a way to do it. I'm just tapped out for the month.

Ooops. Donated 65 buckaroos for the boxed version, but i forgot extra 15 for shipping, now what? Do another bid on 15 or....?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm worried. I still have received no confirmation from Obsidian that they recieveD my donation. L0L

I'd like to up my pledge to $165 but can't do that until I get some sort of email/confirmation that they've received my original pledge and time is running out.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Thirding this question. I will double my pledge over the next year if I have a way to do it. I'm just tapped out for the month.

I've asked them similar question, but unfortunately they cannot confirm it at the moment. This was the email response

Hi,

Thank you so much for your interest in Project Eternity. We are looking into this right now. I do not have an answer for you at this time, sorry. Watch the updates and we will include the information there if it becomes an option.

Thanks again,

Trish

---

I'm worried. I still have received no confirmation from Obsidian that they recieveD my donation. L0L

I'd like to up my pledge to $165 but can't do that until I get some sort of email/confirmation that they've received my original pledge and time is running out.

I've asked about this on their tweeter

@Obsidian

Nope, as long as everything went through on PayPal, we've got what we need! We'll also send surveys after the Kickstarter is over

It was the same with Wasteland 2 which I donated through Paypal as well. By just sending your money through Paypal, they will get our email address from the Paypal transaction. Later on, they will simply contact us through this list of email they have.

They cannot contact you now because people may still be pledging and so they have to wait until its over, then they will roll out the email to everyone in the list.

Edited by Hornet85

So I finally got to donate. Now I just have to wait until I can donate the $20 for international shipping.

Ooops. Donated 65 buckaroos for the boxed version, but i forgot extra 15 for shipping, now what? Do another bid on 15 or....?

you can add an additional donation, and they'll basically credit it to you in a tally/combination of the donations you made. if you were trying to do it from the original thing, you'd have done your own amount, obsidian would send a survey to you asking exactly what you wanted to do with the funds (what level you were going for, if you were doing any addons, etc), and then you're good.

basically they can't right now because it would be too much work, but they do have the paypal totals, and paypal is a rather trusted site. the money goes where it's supposed to if you do it through them. if you wanted to up your pledge you'd basically just do a custom amount, and NOT do the entire pledge again just what you need to reach the one you want from what you already did.

concerning changing tiers/adding pledges post kickstarter, i'm planning on asking feargus about that the next time he gets on. i even directly quoted one of you guys doing it (the e-mail above specifically), so as soon as i get an answer it WILL be posted in here. a direct quote.

Edited by Madzookeeper
  • Like 2

Master Wetboy of the Obsidian Order of Eternity

So I finally got to donate. Now I just have to wait until I can donate the $20 for international shipping.

you can add an additional donation, and they'll basically credit your tally to it. if you were trying to do it from the original thing, you'd have done your own amount, obsidian would send a survey to you asking exactly what you wanted to do with the funds (what level you were going for, if you were doing any addons, etc), and then you're good.

Thanks for the info!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

concerning changing tiers/adding pledges post kickstarter, i'm planning on asking feargus about that the next time he gets on. i even directly quoted one of you guys doing it (the e-mail above specifically), so as soon as i get an answer it WILL be posted in here. a direct quote.

Thanks man. I'm one of those who can only afford a smaller tier right now, but would love to upgrade later on. Hopefully it happens.

there actually is a quote concerning the paypal post kickstarter:

"@Chris Buck We will continue to take donations for a while after the Kickstarter campaign. We are working on our own storefront that will take donations and also let everyone buy the latest in Obsidian wear."(Oct5)

dunno if that was feargus or not, but i'll still ask him and get a quote myself on it. but it looks like you will probably be able to for a time.

concerning the post kickstarter stuff, there isn't an answer yet, but feargus said he was going to ask darren (one of their tech guys i believe) about doing something like that. will keep you guys updated as i can.

• Like 1

concerning the post kickstarter stuff, there isn't an answer yet, but feargus said he was going to ask darren (one of their tech guys i believe) about doing something like that. will keep you guys updated as i can.

Thank you for your continued help. I'll keep watching this thread.

news on if they're going to continue taking pledges post kickstarter:

Creator Obsidian Entertainment 21 minutes ago

@Ink Blot Sorry! Saw that and the slipped my mind about answering. Yes, like Wasteland 2, we will keep on taking pledges / donations after the Kickstarter is over on PayPal. I posted this a bit ago, but this is what Wasteland 2 is doing.

http://wasteland.inx...ertainment.com/

so i'd say that's a definite yes. they are talking about adding to pledges in the next day or so. but if they're taking pledges, i'd imagine they'll up them as well, since most things have.

EDIT

i just explained to feargus how the wasteland 2 guys did the post kickstarter pledge additions, and he's sending it over to darren. so there's an even better chance that it will be possible.

Edited by Madzookeeper
  • Like 1

Is there a way to see how much money was already donated and how many people made donations? Would be awesome to know how close to those new stretch goals und deeper dungeon lvls we already are.

I'm really pumped for this project and the whole kickstarter thing!