news on if they're going to continue taking pledges post kickstarter:

Creator Obsidian Entertainment 21 minutes ago

@Ink Blot Sorry! Saw that and the slipped my mind about answering. Yes, like Wasteland 2, we will keep on taking pledges / donations after the Kickstarter is over on PayPal. I posted this a bit ago, but this is what Wasteland 2 is doing.

http://wasteland.inx...ertainment.com/

so i'd say that's a definite yes. they are talking about adding to pledges in the next day or so. but if they're taking pledges, i'd imagine they'll up them as well, since most things have.

EDIT

i just explained to feargus how the wasteland 2 guys did the post kickstarter pledge additions, and he's sending it over to darren. so there's an even better chance that it will be possible.

You are really just all sorts of awesome. Thanks again. Do you think there will be any issue with kickstarter vs. paypal? What I mean is I have donated $100 through kickstarter already. My goal is the $250 tier which I will continue towards after the kickstarter is done through paypal. Do you think it will be difficult to add the future $150 through paypal to the previous $100 through kickstarter? Should I cancel my pledge and send it through paypal instead?

thanks.

and not really, if they do what wasteland 2 did. they basically made a site so that you could link your paypal e-mail with your kickstarter one under a single account, and it's really easy to upgrade your pledge that way. i've already done it twice with wasteland.

Master Wetboy of the Obsidian Order of Eternity

thanks.

and not really, if they do what wasteland 2 did. they basically made a site so that you could link your paypal e-mail with your kickstarter one under a single account, and it's really easy to upgrade your pledge that way. i've already done it twice with wasteland.

I can hardly contain my excitement! I was really disappointed when I realized I'd never be able to get that hardcover art book. Now it looks like I can and this incredible sounding game gets to benefit from my need for nicely bound things. If you get the chance, you should really encourage Feargus to add some of this information to an update soon.

latest paypal number is 41k, so we're already over 2.6 million in total. which is really awesome.

also, i'm going to ask feargus if darren has figured anything about what i explained tomorrow. figured give them a little more time to get that figured out. of course they may include it in an update as well, but either way hopefully the information gets out.

@ wirdjos

definitely understandable. i might try to as well, but i really doubt i'll be able to make it to the next tier. sadly.

Master Wetboy of the Obsidian Order of Eternity

news on if they're going to continue taking pledges post kickstarter:

Creator Obsidian Entertainment 21 minutes ago

@Ink Blot Sorry! Saw that and the slipped my mind about answering. Yes, like Wasteland 2, we will keep on taking pledges / donations after the Kickstarter is over on PayPal. I posted this a bit ago, but this is what Wasteland 2 is doing.

http://wasteland.inx...ertainment.com/

so i'd say that's a definite yes. they are talking about adding to pledges in the next day or so. but if they're taking pledges, i'd imagine they'll up them as well, since most things have.

EDIT

i just explained to feargus how the wasteland 2 guys did the post kickstarter pledge additions, and he's sending it over to darren. so there's an even better chance that it will be possible.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you mentioned the pledge addition because I was afraid that there's some confusion since Wasteland 2 have both feature that allows backer to add their pledge, as well as new people to support them by buying a whole package.

So unlike Kickstarter there's no way to manually enter the amount after selecting a tier, Do I literally just select the "Donate Your own amount" option if I'm forced to pay international shipping fees?

Will a survey be sent out so I can specifically mention that my arbitrary "$100 donation" is for the $65 Retail pack + the $15 shipping + the $20 Expansion pack add-on?

Thanks, first time I've been forced to use paypal rather then kickstarter for a project due to recent unfortunate credit card problems ;(

Will a survey be sent out so I can specifically mention that my arbitrary "$100 donation" is for the $65 Retail pack + the $15 shipping + the $20 Expansion pack add-on?

Thanks, first time I've been forced to use paypal rather then kickstarter for a project due to recent unfortunate credit card problems ;(

I think they'll simply have to send a survey, because with all the different add-ons to the donation tiers, there are simply too many different possible donation reward combinations that cost the exact same amount.

one more paypal backer :D 250+30$

are we going to hit that 3,5M mark and have that 2nd big city?

There is no doubt we'll hit that. Including PayPal we've already got $3.25 million. During the first four hours of monday the donation rate were $10000 per hour and we still have 38 hours left.

Edited by Lusankya

Hello i am from Russia.I tell you THANK for your Project Eternity.Love all of yours RPGs.My question is-if i backed to you using PAYPAL did i have the backer status?I donate for project 110$ for digital and +20 for expansion add-on on PAYPAL.May i have backer status on Kikstarter?Thank you.Sorry for bad language=)

My name on KickStarter AndreyPlatonov,

Hello i am from Russia.I tell you THANK for your Project Eternity.Love all of yours RPGs.My question is-if i backed to you using PAYPAL did i have the backer status?I donate for project 110$ for digital and +20 for expansion add-on on PAYPAL.May i have backer status on Kikstarter?Thank you.Sorry for bad language=)

My name on KickStarter AndreyPlatonov,

Paypal and Kickstarter is two different thing. They are just 2 different ways to donate to the project. If you have donated through Paypal, like I did, then we can forget about Kickstarter, its just a service.

The backer status is on this forum, not on Kickstarter. Once the project is over, we will all get a backer status here, doesn't matter if we use Paypal or Kickstarter. :)

Is there a problem if my PayPal account is on different e-mail than my account here on forums? I am scared I won't get my cool backer status here ;(:w00t:

This is what Obsidian said:

We do know that some folks like to have separate e-mail addresses for services like PayPal, so if you would like to update the e-mail address we have on file, please e-mail us at info@obsidian.net with your PayPal e-mail address and the address you'd like us to contact you with.
So I think it's no problem to contact them via mail about your issue. Everything should be fine with your forum status x)

Best regards,

Vio

• Like 1

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." Alan Watts

Hey everyone,

I backed around $57 via PayPal to Project Eternity a few days ago (it's not much, but it was all I could afford at the time) and I'm looking forward to the game!

But can anyone tell me if PayPal donations are counted towards the stretch goal?

Hey everyone,

I backed around $57 via PayPal to Project Eternity a few days ago (it's not much, but it was all I could afford at the time) and I'm looking forward to the game!

But can anyone tell me if PayPal donations are counted towards the stretch goal?

Welcome Risax!

Yes, paypal donations are counted towards the stretch goals.

They have however commented that they will only update the kickstarter page when kickstarter itself has actually passed the goal.

If you were wondering about that, now you know!

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

Welcome Risax!

Yes, paypal donations are counted towards the stretch goals.

They have however commented that they will only update the kickstarter page when kickstarter itself has actually passed the goal.

If you were wondering about that, now you know!

I was wondering about that, thank you for clearing that up.

Still waiting for the Playing Card addon on the paypal page!!

The KS is nearly ending and I need dem cards, halp!

I'm wondering the same. I've already added a donation for the expansion and physical soundtrack (I'm at the $140,- tier, so I can do this yay :p), but I sorta want the card deck.

Any word on this?

EDIT: Also, Violix, thanks for that message. I'm using a separate e-mail address for my PayPal as well, so I dropped obsidian a quick line concerning correspondence addresses. :)

Edited by Lasharus

A question for Obsidian: do you prefer we pledge on Kickstarter or Paypal? Paypal takes a smaller cut from the final amount but perhaps you prefer Kickstarter for publicity reasons or something else. For me it makes no difference, it would be a small matter of transferring my pledge to Paypal.

I am still looking for official word about whether you can upgrade your pledge by combining what you contributed through Paypal and Kickstarter. I can only donate so much through Kickstarter because you can only use one payment method for that contribution. I want to donate through Paypal to upgrade my pledge. Is there any official word that this is possible?

ok so my kickstarter money didn't go through because of a problem with the card it was on. I just donated with PayPal because the kickstarter is closed. I donated either way, but will I still get the rewards I chose since I technically donated a few hours late? Anyone have any idea?

Edited by ogrezilla