Do you think Project Eternity HAS to be as good as our old loved IE rpgs? or, even better, top 3 rpg of the decade?

Poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Yes.

• My hopes are high for these guys, I think they can do it
    • There is no reason it shouldn't be, they have everything in their favor to be able to do it
    • IT WILL BE, for me at least, don't care about anything else
    • Of course kid, these guys have done it before, they will do it again
  2. 2. No.

• I don't think they can do it
    • I just want a rpg like the old and loved BG, ICWD and PS:T
    • There's no way this game will be better than "insert favorite rpg/of the past years"
    • While I do wish it could be possible, the competition is/will be tough, so, no.
  3. 3. Don't care, this is a stupid poll. Don't you dare put pressure on them!

• Make the same poll when we are 10 days away from the game release, not now
    • Endure, in enduring, grow strong.

You have to vote in each of the sections.

Damn it! Why? I don't think that's how it should be working. Do I have to make just one question and all the choices there?

Yes you do.

You ask a question and provide possible answers to choose from.

The poll as it stands asks three questions.

Edit:

Think of it this way:

If there cannot be two skies, how can there be three sepparate questions in this poll ?

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I would like to think that at the very least, it'll be as good as the old IE games. They have a very experienced team, and are striving to take some of the best aspects from all the IE games... so there's really no reason (besides nostalgia) why Project Eternity shouldn't be equal, if not better.

Top 3 RPG of the decade is practically a given, given how bad RPGs these days typically are.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Top 3 RPGs of the decade? That's a given; all the RPGs released now a terrible garbage. Even if they made a sloppy, half-assed game it'd still be in my top 3 because we can't expect any real RPGs from the mainstream.

Top 3 RPG of the decade is practically a given, given how bad RPGs these days typically are.

Are you sure? The Banner Saga, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns... maybe we are lucky and Top 3 RPG of the decade actually becomes a real challenge. ;)

Thing is, this decade has only just begun. So there is a lot that can still happen :)

I'd also add Dead State to that list.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

If you mean decade as past 10 years, well Witcher 2 was pretty good. Skyrim and Dark Souls as well, though they sucks in story of course. And there was also NWN2:Motb and KotoR. But of course in my opinion none of them stand a chance against PS:T , bar the Witcher 2, which unfortunately was lacking in only one thing - length.

Lover of Vice

True, lot can happen yet in this new decade. :D

I forgot about Dead State because I didn't actually back it (bad timing) but it also looks promising. I saw today a new old-school RPG (or maybe two) by Brenda Bradwaite and Tom Hall in Kickstarter. And many more (hopefully) will come in the next years, Kickstarter or not.

I am not expecting the game to be another Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale. If I want to play Baldur's Gate I'll go play Baldur's Gate. There's no reason why PE needs to emulate those game.

PE will be a new cRPG game, all I expect is a game who's quality stands on its own. PE should be that new girlfried you love for who she is herself, without the need to compare her to all your previous ex-girlfriends :biggrin:

I'll ignore the poll questions/answers since they're broken anyway. ;)

The "as good as" cannot be answered as a unified whole because every player has different priorities when enjoying a game. Just looking at the IE Trifecta games is a good example: IWD (mechanics), BG (exploration), PS:T (story). If I'm after exploration and story, I would not care if combat is "better" than the IE games (I'm not sure how it can be better or worse except "different"). If someone else is after the IWD experience, then they're going to obsess over the mechanics.

There's no way to answer the poll. (At least, if we're being honest and not after cloning, like Vancian purists... :p)

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I don't think it HAS to be as good as any game.

I want it to be good when I play it though.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm just happy to play a game like this again. As good as BG2 was, it was getting a bit stale. ;)

No, seriously. How amazing is this!? I don't know why people aren't just celebrating. My god, IE brought back from the dead, better than ever, how could this be bad? It's not like Jay Wilson is running the show. Yeesh. (Poor, Jay.)

Are you sure? The Banner Saga, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns... maybe we are lucky and Top 3 RPG of the decade actually becomes a real challenge. ;)

Thing is, this decade has only just begun. So there is a lot that can still happen :)

Ya but you forget we're going to die in like 2 months because crazy apocalyptic superstition.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

No, I definitely don't expect this game to be just as good as the old games. I expect it to be good, of course; it's made by Obsidian, I'd be terribly surprised if it wasn't. But I'm not going to expect it to live up to the games it is claiming to be inspired by, for those truly are some of the best RPG's ever and assuming that this game will live up to their name just seems like a great way to set myself up for disappointment later on.

I couldn't make my self vote. Broken poll and a weird set of questions.

Yeah, I almost think I see what the poll was getting at, but there's no accurate way to answer it.

OP should fix the poll.

Shame I feel sorry for the Op because his intentions were good. But I won't vote on this type of question until this poll is fixed or someone else creates a working one

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela