Some procedural questions

Before I start with the actual post let me express my thanks to Obsidian for waging such a project. As I understand it the actual work hasn't yet started (correct me if I'm wrong). They are still busy doing the conception while the Kickstarter funding phase hasn't even ended yet.

I'm aware that Kickstarter isn't a traditional investment vehicle, where the investors get to have more influence and where the investors expect more than a "physical reward" (or digital reward).

My question is regarding to how Obsidian intends to keep donors informed about the project's progress. They are probably keeping us informed through their forum/web sites and Kickstarter notifications. But that isn't what I'm getting at. The medium by which we, the donors, are going to be informed is clear. The question is more about the how, the degree of details.

Will it be like it's been done in the Gaming Industry? Through Interviews, forum posts, trailers? What I'd expect, at some point after the funding phase has ended, is to see some elaborate description of Obsidian's idea of the game and the conception (campaign setting, game mechanics, etc.). It would be great if that information were not scattered over dozens (or even hundreds?) of forum posts/announcements. Since it is work in progress I expect some Informations to be released later (like UI design, etc.). You can't expect that all features and ideas stand the test of time and that they may be changed or even scrapped later.

Another aspect is the timetable. I remember reading somewhere that the project might be finished at some time during 2014. The question will be, are donors going to be informed about certain risks during the realization of Project Eternity? I'm especially eager to see the Linux version of the game. On the other hand there might be some obstacles during implementation (as in every software project when it comes to implementation details). In which way do the stretch goals affect the timetable? I'm not opposed to changes of the timetable if there is a reasonable explanation. But then I can only speak for myself.

Since we're no traditional investors and this Kickstarter thing is quite new for me I wonder how all this will affect the developer/producer and customer/donor relation. Especially what can you reasonably expect?

Edited by beerflavour