Fan Concept Art- Character Design

I've always loved to do fantasy-style character designs. Here are a few sketches

These ones are more along with what we've already seen in Obsidians concepts. Sailor captain, soldier, rouge; respectively

ftc1B.jpg

With these next two images, I was playing around with different ideas for light armor. My aim was to make the armor equally practical for all those who would wear it, hence, I mirrored it on both sexes to see if it would fit. The image below is depicting semi-tribal warriors in light leather armor. It looks more plated as I didn't do any coloring or shading to speak of, but it is supposed to be light. Inspired by the Dothraki and classic fantasy barbarians. The armor is meant for the hot environments they live in.

PKlgs.jpg

These are warrior monks. They specialized in unarmed and unarmored combat.This was somewhat of an experiment to see if I could show how not to shy away from something if it shows a little skin, all while treading the fine line of tastefulness in context, pragmatism, and 'cool'.

dD3YW.jpg

Thoughts?

Edited by themanclaw

I think they're pretty good. I will say the last two monks sorta look like they forgot to put on their pants thouigh... sry, but the other roughs look pretty good though I will say the rogue's gun looks like it would be awkward to pull out, probably should sit higher so you can grab it properly while you take it out.

Yeah, I didn't think the rouge's pistol placement through too well.

As for the last picture, as I said, it was a more or less an experiment to see if it could be done tastefully. Obviously they're not wearing pants, but I think that could make sense in the context of being martial arts monks who might value having a little bit less restrictive movements with less clothes. There have been martial artists in the past who dressed with just as little clothing. Nevertheless, I could see how it might not be too fitting.

I like the semi-conquistador fighter's garb in the top middle picture, I think it captures what I imagine the civilised bits of the P:E world might look like.

My favourite are the barbarians --- although I'm getting (a good) Mad-Max gladiatorial vibe from them too.

Thanks for sharing.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I like them. I do agree that the monks cloth needs to go down a little lower, I do not see the point of the cloth if the crotch is out in the open then. I like the gladiators, they do seem mad maxish which is a good thing. Overall, all good.

Yes, those are decent. You might do a little work on the jaw-line though; some of the males are perhaps a tad too feminine with their small jaws.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Yes, those are decent. You might do a little work on the jaw-line though; some of the males are perhaps a tad too feminine with their small jaws.

Unless you were expecting comic book males, then they are anatomically correct.