stick to your guns, devs

Because this happens if you do that:

lOaeb.jpg

Imo we gotta have some boob armor, otherwise how we are going to tell if that's a woman or male warrior?

This for example

Thdx6.jpg

it guarantees protection and also shows up the women body

Edited by Troller
  • Like 2

It's Red Sonja, not related to WoW

eNbwL.jpg

that one yes, but your's is Annah from torment

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Their isometric sprites. Who cares?

Everyone complaining about the 'boob plate'!

Maybe not now, but the outrage was great, forcing them to change the design or to lose money :/

Boobs armor worked in our comics and games for years, but now this Feminism equality agenda wants to change everything, I'm telling you guys, this won't work like you are expecting.

Well, a lot of the anti-boob armour complaint who are saying everyone who wants boob armour are sexually frustrated male teens living in basements and are not considered (mature).

Ok, then the those group who are saying it are brainwashed political correct tools who who seem to have a mental problem with the idea of sex differences in general and wants to pretend men and women are EXACTLY the same and want to remove any annoying contradictory thing like BOOBS that offends their imaginary utopian world view that the world is only filled with unisex androganous people.

• Like 1

ok, armor bikinis have their fanbase, but lets rather turn to some dark fantasy stufftumblr_lxk94wM9eb1r1g5m2o1_500.jpeg

Srsly, guys. Isn't that hot?

This is a great example of what is wrong with not having having a female armour body design. Is that a guy or a girl? I honestly cannot tell.

• Like 1

You can say anything you want that women are qual to man in strength, intelligence and all, but they do have different bodies, at least when you compare healthy men and women, so armor shouldn't be equal to both.

Lwv6d.jpg

This is very good.

The revalation of a girl under a combat suit is what's supposed to make a pleasant surprise, just when she removes that stylish heavy helm.

Although... i guess there just should be a possibility to choose. Both for mature dudes, and for.. Xena fans, or whatever.

PS: some girls wear their femme armor to compensate their actual cup size, like Xena did. :p

• Like 1

There's nothing realistic about shooting fireballs out of a wooden stick.

If you want realistic armor, then guess what. Robes should burn to ashes the moment it gets hit by a fireball, and a warrior should get fried to death when his metal armor gets hit by a lightning bolt.

Video game and realism don't mix.

Welcome to a fantasy world where laws of physics can be altered by some people due to genetic make up, pacts with entities or who knows how else. If you think of magic like a child does, then yeah, magic does **** and no one knows how. I mean, your wizard may understand the mumbo jumbo but you as a player? No way.

But I have news for you, magic in that fantasy world do have rules. Your wizard, who believes himself real as well as the world that surrounds him, knows about those rules and has certain ability to manipulate the reality according to what he knows and his ability. Fireball? He may be creating anti-matter at the target for all we know. He may be just opening a brief portal to the plane of fire. Whatever really happens, as far as the fantasy world is concerned, it's real and works within a set of rules. And if that world was well designed, magic is not something alien to the rest of the ruleset but part of it. As much as gravity or weather patterns.

My players were used to lose their hair and clothes from explosive trapped chests or angry dragons. Warrior being fried to death when his metal armor gets hit by a lighting bolt? Impossible if we talk D&D because it's designed to be a heroic system: Hit Points. Not that a DM cannot rule whatever he wants but it's not always easy. "Should the PC/Boss die if an assassin cuts his throat even if he still has 100HP left?"

Meanwhile the chainmail bikini... how the hell does it work? Really. Someone explain me why the game being fantasy makes it work. Do the orcs feel compeled to attack the mundane metal parts and ignore all that exposed flesh? Why don't men use similar armors then? Because they sound frakking awesome, right? Use few metal and get the same defense than a regular armor that uses more metal!!!

But hey, if people prefer children style fantasy in their games, maybe Obsidian can do a Harry Potter RPG. :)

• Like 2

Maybe not now, but the outrage was great, forcing them to change the design or to lose money :/

Boobs armor worked in our comics and games for years, but now this Feminism equality agenda wants to change everything, I'm telling you guys, this won't work like you are expecting.

Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure most of the people complaining are GUYS.

. Well I was involved anyway. The dude who can't dance. 

That is the thing that is getting me, it isn't even mostly women complaining...its the guy...er...feminest? I just don't think they like womens forms and that is why they want to hide them so badly. It isn't just on armour they are pushing this, I have seen on other sites they want to remove it from art, pictures, etc, not having women showing any skin and covering them up so you are not sure if it is a guy or a girl. I only have seen this group online and thankfully not met one in real life. I have visions of them looking at every women showing off skin and going up to them saying they are being repressed by the man to be dressed up as sluts for evil mens pleasure and they are their to SAVE them from their brainwashing.

Edited by Badmojo
  • Like 1

That is the thing that is getting me, it isn't even mostly women complaining...its the guy...er...feminest? I just don't think they like womens forms and that is why they want to hide them so badly. It isn't just on armour they are pushing this, I have seen on other sites they want to remove it from art, pictures, etc, not having women showing any skin and covering them up so you are not sure if it is a guy or a girl. I only have seen this group online and thankfully not met one in real life. I have visions of them looking at every women showing off skin and going up to them saying they are being repressed by the man to be dressed up as sluts for evil mens pleasure and they are their to SAVE them from their brainwashing.

Holy crap, I'm losing my patience here. When I started the thread I specifically said that practicality was what mattered to me along with a small concern for some marginal sexism. My issue was with women warriors who wear armor not using it with practicality.

Mages and rouges can be more liberal, especially if it fits their characters, but women warriors just no.

And the fact that you're trying to pin this on the sexual repression of people who are against stupid armor designs says a lot about you. No one here is trying to be a white knight, get over yourself.

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Holy crap, I'm losing my patience here. When I started the thread I specifically said that practicality was what mattered to me along with a small concern for some marginal sexism. My issue was with women warriors who wear armor not using it with practicality.

Mages and rouges can be more liberal, especially if it fits their characters, but women warriors just no.

And the fact that you're trying to pin this on the sexual repression of people who are against stupid armor designs says a lot about you. No one here is trying to be a white knight, get over yourself.

It does have to do with sexual repression, most minorities are sexual repressed, because they are minorities, not many people want to have sex with them. This is one of the reasons, IMO for all this parades and fights for rights, they don't like that there aren't many people with the same sexual desires as them.

Edited by Troller

I'm not particularly feminist. I just want a serious game.

If I wanted a game with women in chainmail bikini I'd looked for somthing titled "Leisure Dragon Larry" or "Lula and the Dungeon Empire"

Yes, this thread is beginning to develop it's own unreality field, like a CERN run by chimps. Perhaps it will drag the entire forum into some planar loop where people's brains bleed out of their ears when they see a woman wearing armour that either (a) reveals or (b) conceals her body.

Charlton Heston will then ride up a beach and see an ancient, rusting Statue of Liberty... wearing boob armour.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Another thread successfully derailed. There are certainly points worth discussing in here somewhere (like the danger of falling victim to the PC police) but this thread is going nowhere fast.

I point the finger of derailing to the fact that most topics in these forums are about the same things and they just keep being open without looking around first.

Then you start loosing the sense of what argument is being discussed and where.

Edited by DocDoomII

Having thought about it for long enough not to activate flood control, I think this thread should stay open. It keeps all the crazy people contained in one thread where they can bounce around happily and stay away from other threads.

sonsofgygax.JPG

This is really ridiculous, do you guys remember why this games was such a big deal when it was announced? It was because it is being made by Chris Avellone, Tim Cain, and Josh Sawyer. You know the guys that made all those great games that are still being played more than a decade after they were released. Do you really think that this is the first time they are dealing with player feedback? Do you honestly believe that they don't know that this game is going to be terrible (this is an understatement) if they just put everything in it that is demanded on this (or any other) forum. Are you going to make "Data structures and algorithms" topic for their engineers now?

This is really ridiculous, do you guys remember why this games was such a big deal when it was announced? It was because it is being made by Chris Avellone, Tim Cain, and Josh Sawyer. You know the guys that made all those great games that are still being played more than a decade after they were released. Do you really think that this is the first time they are dealing with player feedback? Do you honestly believe that they don't know that this game is going to be terrible (this is an understatement) if they just put everything in it that is demanded on this (or any other) forum. Are you going to make "Data structures and algorithms" topic for their engineers now?

Well I was thinking of making a thread to discuss how they should handle memory management while coding the game.

Probably not a good idea?

• Like 1

. Well I was involved anyway. The dude who can't dance. 

Another thread successfully derailed. There are certainly points worth discussing in here somewhere (like the danger of falling victim to the PC police) but this thread is going nowhere fast.

How is it derailed? the thread started with the matter of the boob plate and why the developers were cowards to cave in to the rage of some users...now we are still discussing the boob plate, and why do people keep wanting women to look like men in the game, if that is derailement, all threads in this forum get derailed too.

I just noticed, this is just a pledge for the mods to close this, yeah I understand the subject is really starting to get a little heated, and there might be something that will be said or has been said that hurt someone feelings, damn I hope they close this soon, can't have someone with their feelings hurt, right?

Edited by Troller
  • Like 1