stick to your guns, devs

Heh. You really think the "Cadegund affair" is the most important thing happening with this game right now? I didn't even know there was a "Cadegund affair".

I'm in the same boat.

I'm kinda curious to see the artwork that sprung the discussion.

How was the armor? With a window like Power Girl costume or something like the Scarlet Witch costume?

Heh. You really think the "Cadegund affair" is the most important thing happening with this game right now? I didn't even know there was a "Cadegund affair".

I'm in the same boat.

I'm kinda curious to see the artwork that sprung the discussion.

How was the armor? With a window like Power Girl costume or something like the Scarlet Witch costume?

it really wasnt bad at all imo...

I think that armor should always be realistic. Boob plate is not practical for fighting. I could definitely see boob plate as ceremonial armor, but it's pretty damn stupid in combat. Also, the social aspects. In any halfway realistic medieval world, she would be unable to move anywhere without being sexually harassed.

sounds like my work

Good creators never listen to everything their boss says, because their boss, they aren't the creators.

But what happens when the voss fire you for not following the instructions (and fail to convince him of how right you actually are)? Or cuts funding? Or cans the almost finished product? (Aliens RPG, nooooooooooooooooooo!!!! T_T) Not that that could happen for PE as once the date comes, they take our money and they could just run with it to some lost island.

I'll side with Ignatius. Except for the dragon. I don't really care about how the game is done or the exact content in it. A game that I like is what I really want. A game in the lines of BG/ID/PT. No need to be a clone. It's more than probable that it contains elements that I don't like but as long as I enjoy it, I'll be happy with it, romances or not, boobplates or not, vancian system or not, railroaded story or not,... Meanwhile, while they work in the game, sometimes I'll bother to share my opinion and who knows, maybe one day it echoes within Obsidian.

Ah... He would much rather have us as bosses is not exactly "Pledgers decide".

If you were paying attention, that was one quote out of several, and the overall mission statement has been that the backers are the boss this time around. Again, I'm not going to say it's a good idea or a bad idea, that's just how they presented it.

Edited by Umberlin

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

I think that armor should always be realistic. Boob plate is not practical for fighting. I could definitely see boob plate as ceremonial armor, but it's pretty damn stupid in combat. Also, the social aspects. In any halfway realistic medieval world, she would be unable to move anywhere without being sexually harassed.

There's nothing realistic about shooting fireballs out of a wooden stick.

If you want realistic armor, then guess what. Robes should burn to ashes the moment it gets hit by a fireball, and a warrior should get fried to death when his metal armor gets hit by a lightning bolt.

Video game and realism don't mix.

Edited by Hornet85
  • Like 1

No, I disagree. The ideas of people on this forum aren't by definition worse than Obsidian's own ideas, and Obsidian's ideas aren't automatically great. Stupid ideas should be discarded, great ideas should be used. The origin of the ideas doesn't matter, and if it is the forum which makes Obsidian realize an idea they had wouldn't work that well that's only a good thing in my opinion.

• Like 1

No, I disagree. The ideas of people on this forum aren't by definition worse than Obsidian's own ideas, and Obsidian's ideas aren't automatically great. Stupid ideas should be discarded, great ideas should be used. The origin of the ideas doesn't matter, and if it is the forum which makes Obsidian realize an idea they had wouldn't work that well that's only a good thing in my opinion.

Tell that to David Gaider.

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

The problem here is everyone here thinks their ideas are great ideas. If you let the people here make a game, I will bet you the project will never see the day of light. The people here can never agree on anything.

You have to keep in mind that good is a relative and in this context, subjective term. There is NO any objective way of determining what's good and whats not.

So the best we can do is to trust the dev because they are the creative minds with the experience in making video games. None of us even have the credentials.

in short:

devs, pls don't make boob-plates :banghead:

longer version:

lets get real (mature), dudes

if a female wants to go melee, she'll have to lose those heels, if you know what i mean

in case her level is high enough, she can beat some bandits with her heels on

but a dragon\golem\undead horde? :cat:

not a good plan

chicks can wear smth regular\casual to show off their booty at DAT HOUSE which is comin' up, or some non-combat events

and as we all know by now, spellcasting chicks can surely wave their booty around and even use it to cast fireballs

so maybe leave it as that

if perverted schoolboys rage too much over this, make a possible option for them, to visit a blacksmith and order a boob-plate(chain\studded leather) for a reasonable price; and ofcourse not without some trolling on his part, like, "why the hell would u wanna do that? gee, that's awkward. oh well." :biggrin:

perhaps exception goes to extremely magical sorta-elven stuff

but i'm guessing that a fighter girl, who knows the melee deal, would prefer to look badass in combat, rather than seduce her enemies; but! in casual life wear her dresses and be girly all the way she wants

i mean, look at women in sports, or G. I. Jane. :dancing:

There's nothing realistic about shooting fireballs out of a wooden stick.

If you want realistic armor, then guess what. Robes should burn to ashes the moment it gets hit by a fireball, and a warrior should get fried to death when his metal armor gets hit by a lightning bolt.

Video game and realism don't mix.

It's magic. Ain't gotta explain ****.

However, physical combat between two people who are not magic users should be as close to realistic as possible. That being the case a fight between a female with boobplate and a female with normalplate, each with identical stats, would be one-sided in favor of the female with the normal plate armor.

This is why I am against boobplate. For me, it has nothing to do with social or political issues. It's about practicality.

(Not to mention boobplate offers too much fanservice to the prepubescent middle schooler demographic.)

It's magic. Ain't gotta explain ****.

So you are being selective then on what should adhere to real world physics and what should get a free pass.

Who said you need to explain anything. Its about the premise of the game which is fantasy, nothing is realistic in a fantasy setting. Realism gets thrown out the moment you have magic.

Did you even read what he posted? He want armor to be realistic. So, metal alloy needs to conduct electricity to be realistic. Cloth armor needs to burn up to be realistic.

Edited by Hornet85
  • Like 1

ok, armor bikinis have their fanbase, but lets rather turn to some dark fantasy stufftumblr_lxk94wM9eb1r1g5m2o1_500.jpeg

Srsly, guys. Isn't that hot?

No, this is hot:

aadOZ.gif

This is a wow comic right? They are seriously the worst offenders. HOLY **** SHES IN THE ****iNG SNOW!

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

If I am not mistaken that is Red Sonja, the archetypal female barbarian hero and one of the ur-examples for chain-mail bikini. She was dating Conan the Barbarian at one point too.

Also, I see that Troller is trying to honor his name. :no:

Edited by Lt. Lizard
  • Like 1

People are mixing up application of the word "realism" at the high level, so I'll semi-repeat myself from another thread:

Comparing a purely metagame social implementation of armor rooted in decades-old sexist (yes, I used the word) tradition of titillation for an extremely enclosed nerdy male gamer subculture with little access to the female sex... is hardly the same as an extrapolated in-game combat implementation taking into account immersion and the additional female gamer audience of this day and age (Obsidian still has to consider their current target audience).

The original mindset underpinning boob plate and chain bikinis was (and is) a marketing tactic to a very particular, small, socially limited audience, and utility wasn't (still isn't in many cases) considered in-game. At all. The reason to change it now finally includes in-game immersion reasons alongside the increased number of female gamers (btw, the only people who demand boob plate and bikini chain without condition are indeed male gamers who believe they're entitled to titillation--even women who say they are fine with it always add a contextual caveat and/or "equalizing" factor).

As for even finer distinctions of in-game "realism" per combat like melting metal and burning cloth--straw man. The appearance of armor in-game to allow immersive interpretation of realism for both female gamers and mature male gamers does not by any means alter actual combat mechanics that make it difficult for Obsidian to implement. Asking for realistic and immersive in-game gear for women is not, by any stretch of the imagination, an overly burdensome thing and does very much affect the overall intent, audience targeting, and feel of a mature game. The addition of other mechanics for realistic combat or even taking into account magic are different arguments and do nothing to address those particular three points (unless you're talking purely about cosmetic melting and burning and the magical gear somehow heals itself or you have to go to an armourer to cosmetically repair, I dunno).

• Like 2

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

ok, armor bikinis have their fanbase, but lets rather turn to some dark fantasy stufftumblr_lxk94wM9eb1r1g5m2o1_500.jpeg

Srsly, guys. Isn't that hot?

I'm 70% sure that's actually a somewhat good looking guy as a opposed to a girl.

• Like 2

. Well I was involved anyway. The dude who can't dance. 

Hopefully, the devs will see an opportunity for an easter egg here. Example: hidden in a secret cubby in Cadegund's home, you find a set of Cursed Voluptuous Breastplate armor (with an appropriately droll backstory of course).

It would be even better if only male dwarves could wear the armor.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

etfhZ.jpg

now this one so that people don't accuse me of homophobe

4LaXN.jpg

Oh Xena, how I love you.

I don't see the point you guys are trying to make, full half nude plate armor for both sexes?

How about no ridiculous half-armor for either sex?

• Like 1

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif