Why did you betray us Obsidian ?

Why cooldowns ?

I've read your statements. I've heard your answers. They mean nothing. You're avoiding the truth with vague arguments that mean nothing.

SO WHY ? I WANT TO KNOW WHY.

You said you want to make a classic game. We want to play a classic game. So why give us Dragon Age Reloaded ? Be honest, forget the market speech and just tell us why.

If you said you wanted to make a Dragon Age clone, then no publisher would have turned you down. So why come to us ? Perhaps you are tired of getting screwed over royalties by publishers and you want your own Dragon Age Ip so only you get the royalties. In other words, it was never about reviving the classic games or passion or whatever marketing lies you threw at us. It was always about the money.

Thanks a lot Obsidian !

...WHY, BIO, WHY??...

:lol:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

no one said the mechanics had to be like dragon age, you can easily have a vancian type system that doesn't require you hit a rest button, but just very slowly lets powerful spells creep back into play.

lock the thread please... >_>

Why cooldowns ?

I've read your statements. I've heard your answers. They mean nothing. You're avoiding the truth with vague arguments that mean nothing.

SO WHY ? I WANT TO KNOW WHY.

You said you want to make a classic game. We want to play a classic game. So why give us Dragon Age Reloaded ? Be honest, forget the market speech and just tell us why.

If you said you wanted to make a Dragon Age clone, then no publisher would have turned you down. So why come to us ? Perhaps you are tired of getting screwed over royalties by publishers and you want your own Dragon Age Ip so only you get the royalties. In other words, it was never about reviving the classic games or passion or whatever marketing lies you threw at us. It was always about the money.

Thanks a lot Obsidian !

cooldowns don't automatically mean dragon age. if you read the comments they made, you know they plan to make the combat mimic the general spirit of "# of casts per day" style mechanics using cooldowns in place of rest. They also value spell choice and preparation.

So why would they chose it? They can potentially create a system that feels like the classic system but without the rest system to screw with it. Thus, you may actually end up having to strategically choose spells AND think about when you use them. The old rest system completely negated that second part.

Edited by ogrezilla

...jus' so's y'all dunna get too bent out o' shape, on pretty much e'ery news report or release o' a BIS/Obsidz game, boards get like this...actually, sometimes e'en worse (IWD 2 was pretty bad on the ol' BIS boards)...Obsidz usually takes it in stride... :lol:

..WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Well they like cooldowns as a game mechanic. Apparently they're also not fond of rounds. This is about them making the game they want to make. I think they should alter the kickstarter summary to give a heads up on the more modern combat mechanics, but at least you know about it if you read the forums.

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

We would appreciate centralizing discussion on cooldowns here.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."