Game systems - released for Tabletop as stretch / backer goal?

Basically, just what the title says. I assume this game will be use table-top inspired mechanics anyway (since it's ment to capture the feel of the IE DnD games), so could we maybe get those rules released for our use in a nice, presentable PDF as a stretch / backer goal? Perhaps this could be released just a few months before the base game is released (when you guys are in late QA or something), so as to build up some more excitement just before game is released. I feel like I've seen a couple of other CRPG developers do this recently, but I cannot for the life of me remember who they were.

If the setting and design prove popular, it might be better for them to license it out to a well-established company that's focused on table-top gaming. That would eliminate most of the risk of diversification and increase the odds of a successful game release.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Yeah, since they are designing the system specifically for a computer game, it probably won't be very PnP friendly. Like Thulean said, I imagine it would be easier for us to just use an existing rule system in the P:E setting.

Yes, or maybe a card game :)

Yeah, a card game or board game could be kind of cool.

Edited by eimatshya

Fortunately there are many outstanding universal systems that are routinely modified to meet the needs of a particular setting. Popular IP's commonly select the most suitable pre-made RPG system and modify it to their needs these days. It's not like 20-30 years ago when every new game was exactly that, a very new game.

Neat idea. This wouldn't really make for a good stretch goal, in my humble opinion. This seems like a spin-off that they might do were the game to be a smashing success (which we can only hope for, at this stage). The resources need to be spent on the game itself, and in the marketing for the game, and the administration for the studio. It does sound cool though.

"The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny, chaos will be sown by their passage," so sayeth the wise Alaundo.

768543sarevokred1.jpg

I can't remember exactly where, I think maybe the Kickstarter comment stream, but Feargus said he and the team would be very interested in pursuing a table top component to the IP if it was successful.