RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

Spoiler from the Hitman 47 video:

Wow, I was somewhat ready to actually buy that, but this is just stupid.. That fight was hilariously bad. I wouldn't mind QTE if they were actually done dynamically and not so obviously stringed. Which fighter would throw the same punch 4 times in row?

Fortune favors the bald.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PutMIeIhX4o

Playthrough of a mission in Absolution. 13 kills and an SA rating ? Weird.

Everything in that video is ridiculous.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

If I recall, you lose it if your cover is blown or detected, kill innocents (or non target people I suppose).

Wonder if this was on normal - apparently that's the faceroll level.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So I just hit a wall in King Arthur where the game becomes ludictrously hard.

I took the opportunity to restart, as I have learned heroes is probably more important than specific army composition.

Was that he part where you get attacked by multiple armies from different directions at the same time ?

Or maybe I should ask if it's the first or the second installment of the series, because the first one became ridiculously hard at some point (I may have rushed the main quest line too much), but the second one is quite manageable. Never actually finished the first King Arthur because I got frustrated by the fact that I got overwhelmed and my autosaves didn't help me rectify the situation because the mistakes I made were in the early parts of the game (namely trying to rush things forward instead of taking my time).

The first one. I ended up restarting because I was playing it more like Total War (where army composition was a bigger factor IMO) rather than the presence of heroes (so that they gain xp and mad skills)

It was right after I sided with the Saxons to attack Wales. King Ryon's armies were scary tough :S

I heard the second was much improved in this regard (I have it in queue :) )

Edited by alanschu

If I recall, you lose it if your cover is blown or detected, kill innocents (or non target people I suppose).

If I'm remembering right, it's that plus, only one kill and one gunshot, or two kills with no gun usage.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

If I'm remembering right, it's that plus, only one kill and one gunshot, or two kills with no gun usage.

I think that was the requirement in Hitman 2, not Blood Money, I do remember they eased the requirement for BM (hence allowing me to get it some times :lol:)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I probably am easy to please but that video for Hitman seemed fine for me. I saw Hitman using stealth to kill guards and he then entered a building and had a hand to hand fight. If I have to be critical it looked easy, but he did use headshots most of the time.

So this game is definitely still on my game radar :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Blood Money was a bit less "EXTREEEEEEEEEME" than the first two or three (and I actually preferred it that way.... haha)

Which was fine by me since the game didn't really reward your for your Silent rating.

I think Absolution may be the first Hitman game that I won't buy. If there is really no alternative to wrestling Danny Trejo in a cage match, I probably won't get it at all.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

If there is really no alternative to wrestling Danny Trejo in a cage match, I probably won't get it at all.
There's definitely an alternative. There's another path that lets you drop a lighting rig on him.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Blood Money was a bit less "EXTREEEEEEEEEME" than the first two or three (and I actually preferred it that way.... haha)

Which was fine by me since the game didn't really reward your for your Silent rating.

I think Absolution may be the first Hitman game that I won't buy. If there is really no alternative to wrestling Danny Trejo in a cage match, I probably won't get it at all.

Really, is one aspect of a game enough to completely put you off buying it? Tough crowd :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If there is really no alternative to wrestling Danny Trejo in a cage match, I probably won't get it at all.
There's definitely an alternative. There's another path that lets you drop a lighting rig on him.

Thanks for telling me.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well that's good. Will wait until Absolution is $5 or less, I think.

Really, is one aspect of a game enough to completely put you off buying it? Tough crowd :)

This isn't just one aspect.

That's an entire design approach.