RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

Yes and he failed to tackle the most obvious problem - he's effectively being payed by self-selecting fan-base.

I fail to see much difference in sacrificing your integrity for the sake of the fanboys rather than that of the publishers.

Well yes, he specifically stated he HAS no integrity because there are no standards they are beholden to (just like ALL Gaming websites). As well as being far too ingrained with a Publisher (like his SONY Planetside series). They are NOT providing Journalism (providing objective and bias free information to the public). They are ALL PR arms of the Publishing industry, they are too ingrained into the publishing system. And him publicly stating that if you see him "glossing over" terrible gameplay because he is being actually paid by SONY for his Planetside piece, speak up about it. That at least is admirable.

But to be honest, I never watched a single video of his until today. So I have NO idea about his past or such. I just also assumed he was yet another person doing PR for the Publishers. Just like all the rest of the gaming websites. Except for the Codex. :)

And the wait for them to put the old games on GOG continues.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh, this is the episodic series they had planned a while back ? Hm, might be something good.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Also, Halo 4 reviews are dropping.

IGN

Games Radar

Polygon

Destructoid

Giant Bomb

Overwhelmingly positive. I was going to skip this one, but several of the reviews speak of the campaign as the best in the franchise. I've always found their campaigns to be remarkable with the usual caveat that I hate every flood level ever made, so that means something to me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Also, Halo 4 reviews are dropping.

IGN

Games Radar

Polygon

Destructoid

Giant Bomb

Overwhelmingly positive. I was going to skip this one, but several of the reviews speak of the campaign as the best in the franchise. I've always found their campaigns to be remarkable with the usual caveat that I hate every flood level ever made, so that means something to me.

Heh, looks like there are still people believing game reviews :p

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I wish it was six years ago when I could still be excited about this.

It can be six years ago with the magical power of alcohol and self-delusion!

More information courtesy of Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Including that they intend to do a Kickstarter.

LucasArts haven't produced anything I've considered worth playing (or indeed, worth watching) in almost a decade, so I don't see how it could get worse. :p

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/11/disney-lucasarts/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wired%2Findex+%28Wired%3A+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

It just did. Or maybe it's just mercy.

LucasArts haven't produced anything I've considered worth playing (or indeed, worth watching) in almost a decade, so I don't see how it could get worse. :p

It could be the end of the Monkey Island franchise, that's pretty horrible at least.

Edited by Serrano

It could be the end of the Monkey Island franchise, that's pretty horrible at least.

Actually I'm guessing Disney will be more willing to license out a property like that than Lucasarts was.

Lucasarts was fairly supportive of it. Licensing it out to Telltale for Tales of Monkey Island and then doing updated versions of the first two.

Guybrush had contract for only 5 games man, so it's over.

We need to think about Grim Fandango, MM/DoTT,...

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Doubt they were ever going to do anything with GF, game wrapped up pretty neatly. Just need them on GOG :p

What was the verdict on Dishonored? The reviewers, as expected went ballistic but I'd like to hear an unbiased opinion.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.