The "Boob Armor" and the whole Issue of objectification

put the both "school of thoughts" in the game. realistic armour and boob armour. win-win :)

also, no boob armour?! that's plain blasphemy!

SSLjG.jpg

• Like 2

"if everyone is dead then why don't i remember dying?"

—a clueless sod to a dustman

"if we're all alive then why don't i remember being born?"

—the dustman's response

put the both "school of thoughts" in the game. realistic armour and boob armour. win-win :)

SSLjG.jpg

:w00t::brows::devil: Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Sorry, my genes force me to always react like that (yes, I am a male). And yes, I treat women with respect.

Edited by dlux
  • Like 1

:closed:

SSLjG.jpg

Is that Annah?! That is incredible! but compare it to what was in the game.

annah.jpg

That just doesn't fly anymore.

Dear Lord, those hips.

IMO, some kind of mechanic to let you choose how your armor looks. Appearance tab sort of thing; look at your favorite MMO. Or maybe as an option; you can choose to have all the women in boobplate or in realistic plate?

• Like 1

oh my god, what a surprise. every forum has something like this...

now look, this might be a shocker to many but...

men (most of them) like women. and yes, it's really true that men are "programmed" to respond in a more "sexual" manner to women presence. even more, women (most of them) are programmed to "advertise" some parts of their bodies, like breasts and buttocks in order to attract said men sexual response. plain and simple.

yes, we have conventions and today we don't really act like orangutans. most of us (under-evolved) men.

as wild as this may seem to some of you, men and women and different, and they should be. this doesn't mean that one is superior than the other, or that one should deserve more "respect" than the other.

but seeing such hypocritical attitudes like "nononoooo, no boob armor please" because it would somehow disrespect women? even though historically there have been lots of cases when women armor HAD such elements, simply because, at least in the western world, women were not fighters, so usually the armor was pretty much decorative. take a tour through the Vienna History Museum.

are you kiddin' me?

totally agree on the bikini "armor", that is neither practical (it's more comfortable, albeit cumbersome, to wear a fully functional armor than a bikini one) nor "sexy". really, seeing some chastity underwear kind of destroys the "mood", doesn't it? all in all that IS plain sexist. but "boob armor"? can't believe people are complaining about that.

P.S. probably the next thing will be to make all NPC gender-less, since it's a fantasy game after all...

P.P.S. now if you're not going to go to the museum to see the awesome weapons and armor remember this. the women suits of armor had breast holders on the breastplate not only to signal that there was a woman inside that armor (which was rarely the case) but also because well, erm... even women need to breathe. restricting that with a tight breastplate pressing on the breasts would be painful and dangerous. also, trying to wear a breastplate way larger would have resulted in the woman not being able to stay upright properly (loss of equilibrium since the center of gravity would have been a lot higher). so yes, boob armor is realistic and it should be done - there!

Edited by cealicu_ca
  • Like 2

"Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain."

- Isaak Yudovich Ozimov

...has nuthin' ta do wit' "sexism"...boob armor be a waste o' resources best used elsewhere...why waste time on horny li'l teenyboppers??...go watch pr0n... :banghead:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 2

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I'm also not here fighting some battle against sexism. All I want to do is avoid ridiculousness. I don't want my serious female fighter to have various vitals exposed or armor that wouldn't work properly in the name of sex appeal. I also don't want the baseline cup size to hover around DDs. That's all I'm looking for. And I think this battle was fought and won with the Cadegund art change.

• Like 1

...has nuthin' ta do wit' "sexism"...boob armor be a waste o' resources best used elsewhere...why waste time on horny li'l teenyboppers??...go watch pr0n... :banghead:

that argument is fine. "boob" armor would mean different models so yeah, more resources. but just to remove it due to presumed "sexist" reasons is ignorant and hypocritical.

- Isaak Yudovich Ozimov

that argument is fine. "boob" armor would mean different models so yeah, more resources. but just to remove it due to presumed "sexist" reasons is ignorant and hypocritical.

I find more people are concerned with practicality of the armor than possible sexism.
  • Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I find more people are concerned with practicality of the armor than possible sexism.

if only that were the arguments, but try reading some on page 5 or 6... :biggrin:

- Isaak Yudovich Ozimov

Yes, and I appreciate that Sawyer is on board with that. To be fair, when it comes specifically to female armour design in games, the two are not unrelated; it's just that it's far more sensical to argue with and for the former than the latter.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I think this is covered under the umbrella topic here. We don't really need two armor discussions floating around.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."