Stretch Goals and Backer Rewards - What do you think?

The problem with having the expansion as an add on is that a lot of people will increase their pledge, which gives money to the KS which they have vowed would be spent solely on the main game only.

The money from sales post launch and from obsidians coffers are what will pay for the development of the expansion, and to recoup that money they need to sell the expansion to us post kickstarter, if most already own it, it will be harder to recoup money spent on the expansion. They are a business after all and I am sure this is their worry.

While this wasn't my solution, it is what they did. So they must think it's the best idea.

Myself, I don't really agree with the whole "we lose money if we give away the Xpac as an addon" idea. Really the game is costing nothing to make due to kickstarter funds, most of the sales of the main game will be profit. This goes to the Xpac. Only after the Xpac goes on sale will you know how many will buy it.

It seems silly to limit initial KS funds based on some imaginary sale that may or may not happen. We know for sure any extra funds going into the KS will help make a better game.

So Xpac addon away and have a good time, the main game will be even more awesome because of it.

• Like 1

Now that tthe new goals are out, I hope Obsidian keeps some stretch goals in their backhand to avoid what happened in the beginning of the kickstarter. It's unpredictable and we may as well break 3.5 Mil.

I'd be happy with another big city as much as the next person...

but I'd bet good money we aren't seeing $3.5 million. It is just not likely, end bump in pledges or no.

Now that tthe new goals are out, I hope Obsidian keeps some stretch goals in their backhand to avoid what happened in the beginning of the kickstarter. It's unpredictable and we may as well break 3.5 Mil.

but I'd bet good money we aren't seeing $3.5 million. It is just not likely, end bump in pledges or no.

I'll bet with you. :)

And I have no doubt we'll make it.

Edited by C2B

I'm curious as to what, other than sheer optimism, fuels your believe that this will happen.

I hope you'll be immensely generous with us and give us the 2nd big city even if we're a little short :D I'm sure this will at least break 3 million.

That's the only thing sad about stretch goals, whenever you fail to meet one, the fans feel like they're missing out!

Edit: Oh hey, how about adding small extra goals at 3.2 and 3.35 or something? That might help build the excitement and get us closer to the City.

Edited by Valamyr

I hope you'll be immensely generous with us and give us the 2nd big city even if we're a little short :D I'm sure this will at least break 3 million.

That's the only thing sad about stretch goals, whenever you fail to meet one, the fans feel like they're missing out!

Edit: Oh hey, how about adding small extra goals at 3.2 and 3.35 or something? That might help build the excitement and get us closer to the City.

I think $3,336,372 would be a fun bonus stretch goal, since this would mean they'd beat Double Fine Adventure to the spot of the most successful gaming Kickstarter ever by $1. :)

Edited by Ausir
  • Like 1

I think $3,336,372 would be a fun bonus stretch goal, since this would mean they'd beat Double Fine Adventure to the spot of the most successful gaming Kickstarter ever by $1. :)

And at that amount hire Tim Shafer to voice an NPC.

I'm curious as to what, other than sheer optimism, fuels your believe that this will happen.

Optimism, having witnessed many previous kickstarters and this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjRsTwF0aHv6dFVwaTF1WTI5b24tbGxpQUdQNU1TSHc#gid=1

Look under "Normalized by Interpolation"

Starting to think I might want a second, regular edition physical copy to add to my CE - no other reason than it'd be interesting to have both boxes on display (am getting both CE and regular for Wasteland 2). Would probably work as a $35-40 addon if so inclined to add it (based on the $65 tier and valuing the digital copy at $25 and the digital doodads at $0-5). Might even consider adding one at no charge to the $500 tier if the discussion about what to do to sweeten the $500 tier is still ongoing.

And obviously I'll keep banging the gong about the cycling cap. :p

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

And at that amount hire Tim Shafer to voice an NPC.

Manny Calavera as companion.

A NPC called G. Sneepdood (or something similar, you get the idea)? ;)

Mighty pirate wannabee...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It might have been mentioned somewhere, but I missed: "Project Eternity" is a working title of the game, so... the design of, say, T-shirts will be changed along with the game's title, right? Or wrong?

Ouroboros without any titles was cool BTW. Oh well.

It might have been mentioned somewhere, but I missed: "Project Eternity" is a working title of the game, so... the design of, say, T-shirts will be changed along with the game's title, right? Or wrong?

I like ouroboros more than a name of a region / city again like "Aedyr Empire". Or maybe a millionaire should name it for investing lets say 1 million. Would be fair and good for the game :=)

Edited by elminster

As long as it doesn't say "Bite me!" on the back.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Optimism, having witnessed many previous kickstarters and this

https://docs.google....dQNU1TSHc#gid=1

Look under "Normalized by Interpolation"

Do you have a link to a spreadsheet with estimated Backer figures? Would like to know how deep we can possibly go :D

Edited by Shiroco

It is still possible that there are many interested people who is doubtful about how much money they can pledge to the project. I was among these, today I decided the amount of money I wanted to pledge, and I'm sure lots of people are in the same situation as me. I think it will be difficult to reach the 3,5 million mark, but if we don't make it we'll be very, very close.

If we are very close indeed, we can try to convince people at Obsidian to create the 2nd big city. We may be successful :D

Should add a $45 digital tier for game + expansion. Seems like an incredibly popular option and people invariably can't figure out how to add extra bucks for an option without updates, videos, tweets, facebook posts, emails, etc explaining the process. :)

Edited by comixguru

The playing cards mentioned in today's update look pretty impressive.

Still, I was a little surprised that the high end physical stuff tiers don't get the cards but still have to add on.

I know if I had pledged $500, which is meant to be the tier which gets all the physical goodies, (which is much more loose change than I can afford) I'd be a little miffed.

Still as a means of incentivising current pledgers to increase their amounts by means of new physical and digital goodies, has piqued my interest.

Also means the physical almanac, mentioned in a recent thread stands some chance of getting distributed.

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg