I made a new version of the World Map

It's so obviously not supposed to be 'Drow tombs' :facepalm:

Anyway, was this done manually or using some map-making tool? Looks pretty good in a spartan kind of way.

Made in Photoshop, the assets (buildings, mountains etc.) are taken out of CC3 though.

Someone on Reddit made the same comment about it being Drowned Tombs, but my DnD mind just didn't even consider that when I made it.

Am I the only one who can't help but read "Free Palestine!" every time I look at the part of the map that says...

FREE PALATINATE

OF DYRWOOD

...? :getlost:

Not just in this version, also in the original map...

Edited by anek

Am I the only one who can't help but read "Free Palestine!" every time I look at the part of the map that says...

FREE PALATINATE

OF DYRWOOD

...? :getlost:

Not just in this version, also in the original map...

The one that got me when I was making it was Madsdam, I had to recheck that several times...'Madsham'...'Madsam'...argh.

It looks almost like in-game map, good job.

Thanks. I wanted to work on it further, but on Sunday evening I decided to call it quits. I would have liked to made more forest areas, change some of the buildings, add in more detail in the main 'plane' area. I didn't want to take liberties about forested areas though too much, as it's impossible to tell whether the main 'green' area is actually meant to be forest or simply grass plains.

Edited by Xarek

This looks great. Well done. Was this done just for fun?

"The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny, chaos will be sown by their passage," so sayeth the wise Alaundo.

768543sarevokred1.jpg

This looks great. Well done. Was this done just for fun?

Thanks. Yea, I didn't really like the current low res map, so thought I would just have a go at making a new version. I didn't think it would end up taking most of the weekend though!

Edited by Xarek

It kind of matches the coloration for the Edair and Cadegund concept art. Add some torn edges and aged parchment/sepia stains and it's good to go. ;)

Oh, and I'm fully in favor of naming the lake, Lake of Drowned Drow. That dumb "inverse" race trope has infested and poisoned everything it touches...

Edited by Ieo

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

It kind of matches the coloration for the Edair and Cadegund concept art. Add some torn edges and aged parchment/sepia stains and it's good to go. ;)

Oh, and I'm fully in favor of naming the lake, Lake of Drowned Drow. That dumb "inverse" race trope has infested and poisoned everything it touches...

I just went for a simple border in the end as it was late on Sunday and I wanted to just get it finished. I may go back and work on it some more next weekend.

Definitely looks like a novel-map and I like the style very much. Nice job!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hey man, this actually looks pretty damn cool.

Just an idea... try going both ways:

Make it look like a piece of an old parchment; as if something an adventurer would carry with him.

Color it in the same vein as the original; as if it was a figure in one of the in-game books.

I smell a new wallpaper :)

Edited by hideo kuze