Will there be battle with huge creatures in PE?

In BG2 we already had some amazing battles with huge creatures. The first battle with red dargon is one of toipc three exciting battles in my RPG memory.But I still feel that infinity engine didn't work good enough on showing huge creatures' behavior. In common sense, human fighting with dargon should be a complex process. Fighters could atteck under abdomen.Barbarian could have some jump attacks. Archers will try to snipe dargon's eye.Even thief could climb up to dargon's back. And attacks on leg or neck should have different effects.

PE will use real-time pause system. In my opinion the system is very suitable to show strategic battles with huge creatures. How to dodge dragon breath and wings attack, how to find a vantage ground and how to attack enemy's vital part. It could be designed to a high strtegic battle.

And as we know pointing system in fallout is a very successful system. Could these talent designers could add the system into real-time pause system? When game pause, archer choice to attack dargon's eyes, magis freeze legs, paladin defense the sharp teeth, Barbarian jump up and chop at dargon's neck. It will become a legend battle. I really hope PE can give us such exciting game experience.

Edited by bronzepoem

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

How to dodge dragon breath and wings attack

what about quicktime events? pressing randomly chosen buttons while watching your party backflipping around would be amazing!

Massive trolling detected. Or sarcasm.

Say no to popamole!

I like it when games include special abilities that are particular to giant creatures. Like the ability of a fire giant to perform a sweep with a club and inflict damage upon multiple combatants, or huge loam elementals that can pound the ground and knock everybody off their feet. Those types of abilities really distinguish the size aspect, which otherwise is just a larger object to whack.

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Battles against huge creatures? Well, why not?

But please NO DRAGONS! Please! I am really sick of these big flying lizards!

They really need to add a "Fix my pet peeve" option to this game. ;)

Epic Battles could be with anything as long as it is challenging. My favorite battle in Drakensang: Dark Eye is pretty early on, against a giant wolf rat and her brood. Doing the encounter as soon as the dungeon with it becomes available is really hard yet really rewarding as well. I guess that is the key to making enjoyable legendary encounters, challenge and reward.

Grandiose statements, cryptic warnings, blind fanboyisim and an opinion that leaves no room for argument and will never be dissuaded. Welcome to the forums, you'll go far in this place my boy, you'll go far!

The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.

Epic Battles could be with anything as long as it is challenging. My favorite battle in Drakensang: Dark Eye is pretty early on, against a giant wolf rat and her brood. Doing the encounter as soon as the dungeon with it becomes available is really hard yet really rewarding as well. I guess that is the key to making enjoyable legendary encounters, challenge and reward.

Yes, the ratzilla battle was a lot of fun. I must have gone back a half dozen times before the party was strong enough to win the final boss battle. Even then it was close and it took nearly all of my potion stock. I think it was the tactical aspects of the fight that made it so enticing.

I know people like to rail against DA2, but man that high dragon fight in the Bone Pit side quest was one tough, bad-arsed fight! Quite the memorable encounter. (Maybe not for some, but it was for me. :) )

Edited by rjshae

Hey guys I have a idea now. How about set a new stretch goal like this: "New challenge! There are many powerful existences in PE world. They hide in elder ruins, secret island, dark swamp,active volcano,snow mountain...try to challeng them and find great secrets they keeped! "

Then show 10 horrible monster pictures and hide 5 of them in shadow. "They are Dargon,Tarrasque,Athach,Kraken,Remorhaz,Tendriculos,and ?, ?, ? ,? ,?. Different ability,different AI, different legendary battles, unique loots! Could you suvival under gaint creatures' power? Try to achieved 2.7 million stretch goal and start your new adventures!"

Will you pay money for this idea? :yes:

Edited by bronzepoem
  • Like 1

Here is the thing. Fighting huge things is fun, it's great, and it can be complicated. Fighting normal size things that for some inexplicable are huge is not fun, so I hope we avoid this trend. I doubt that this is a real concern with the peeps at Obsidian, but I thought I would say it.

Back to the complexity, I love fun and complex fights that keep you on the edge of the seat. I hate gimmicky phased fights that over-emphasize micromanaging and replace true complexity with random mini-games to be completed to kill the monster. I will give some recent examples. DA:O - the fight against Uldred, a giant demon (which wasn't so horrendous) with some complexity using the litany. Fun stuff. Also, the first time I accidentally called the high dragon. Good times. BAD FIGHTS - anything reminiscent of a MMO boss fight, for example, DA2 MotA and Legacy final boss fights. Just freaking terrible (although better than enemy waves I suppose).

TLDR: Complexity good, gimmicky phases bad.

Here is the thing. Fighting huge things is fun, it's great, and it can be complicated. Fighting normal size things that for some inexplicable are huge is not fun, so I hope we avoid this trend. I doubt that this is a real concern with the peeps at Obsidian, but I thought I would say it.

Back to the complexity, I love fun and complex fights that keep you on the edge of the seat. I hate gimmicky phased fights that over-emphasize micromanaging and replace true complexity with random mini-games to be completed to kill the monster. I will give some recent examples. DA:O - the fight against Uldred, a giant demon (which wasn't so horrendous) with some complexity using the litany. Fun stuff. Also, the first time I accidentally called the high dragon. Good times. BAD FIGHTS - anything reminiscent of a MMO boss fight, for example, DA2 MotA and Legacy final boss fights. Just freaking terrible (although better than enemy waves I suppose).

TLDR: Complexity good, gimmicky phases bad.

I think first the gaint enemy should have a smart enough AI and comlex enough skill, Then the body of enemy should be designed into different parts and have different behaviors each. A pointing system as fallout is must. That's enough for a good battle. Nothing special needed.

Forgot to say that, weapons as spear、halberd、claymore should be more effective in those combat.

In BG2 we already had some amazing battles with huge creatures. The first battle with red dargon is one of toipc three exciting battles in my RPG memory.

My second time through, I had a pretty good freakin party and when I approached Firkraag, he gave me the speech about how he'd let his disciple deal with me, and that time I was like, "No. I'm dealing with you now. Not later, not on your terms, you're dieing -now-". Then I killed them both on my first try and it was freaking AWESOME. I felt so freakin heroic and not putting up with his crap any longer after the whole deal with that quest felt so good.

Easily my best experience in that game.