You need more far reaching and visionary stretch goals!

Actually what I liked about some of the DLC from DAO was telling the story of some of the joinable npcs. In this respect Origins can be interesting and give insight apart from what you learn during the core game. Leliana's Song was short but interesting, that kind of thing would be nice to see.

You don't have to see your characters origin to offer an interesting alternative to the main storyline. Imagine getting an addon for BG2 where you play Keldorn or Cernd for a short while prior to their joining your character on his adventure. They each have compelling personal problems as well as difficult practical work related issues to work through.

Let the player character be whatever the player imagines.

• Like 1

Actually what I liked about some of the DLC from DAO was telling the story of some of the joinable npcs. In this respect Origins can be interesting and give insight apart from what you learn during the core game. Leliana's Song was short but interesting, that kind of thing would be nice to see.

You don't have to see your characters origin to offer an interesting alternative to the main storyline. Imagine getting an addon for BG2 where you play Keldorn or Cernd for a short while prior to their joining your character on his adventure. They each have compelling personal problems as well as difficult practical work related issues to work through.

Let the player character be whatever the player imagines.

Except I argue that the party NPCs should be as complete as possible already in the ship game--see Planescape: Torment (Dragon Age was never remotely spoken of as a model for PE).

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I think the main problem is that Obsidian has a very good idea of the size and scope of the game given the estimated date of release they have planned from the start.

In order to substantially increase the stretch goals to USD3-4million, they need to revise this initial assumption, which I think they're hesitant to do. Still, I think the OP is right, they need some visionary and cool goals if they want to hit a larger amount of funding. But to do that, they might need to revise their estimated date of release.

I think this is a good guess. Obsidian likely has a certain idea in mind of what they want to do, and the only stretch goals they've decided upon are ones that are -- relatively speaking -- easy to add to what they originally planned to do.

Having stretch goals that are "visionary" might certainly bring in more money, but it might also cause problems integrating those features into their original plan.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Honestly, if they even hinted at anything in a stretch goal that made me think of Bioware, I would reduce my pledge.

I believe this team is far too creative to have to rely on resurrecting themes from existing games. I think Chis Avellone can hold his own (and soar above) anything Bioware has produced in the last several years.

I actually like the goals they have made so far and leave it to them to know what's best for their vision of this game. While I personally wouldn't use mod tools, many of the requests (cosmetic as an example) people have made could be accomplished with mod tools so it may be attractive to many different people for a variety of reasons. However, I don't know if that is a realistic goal from Obsidian's perspective.

Edited by SqueakyCat