The LBGT "agenda"

While trying to convince the users of the social websites i frequent to pledge to the project one of the main criticisms i get from the users is that obsidian is using this game as a platform to push a liberal and lbgt agenda. where does this criticism come from and why are people so uncomfortable with it?

Edited by Inertia
  • Like 1

Really? Obsidian? Hmmmm ... well I guess they did have two homosexual characters in New Vegas, but they hardly beat you about the head with it.

If the existence of homosexuals is evidence of an LGBT agenda, then reality must be one hell of a strong supporter of the LGBT cause.

• Like 10

The only thing I can find 'google' wise relevant to this is something about the launch of a new comic book. The Green Lantern is being re-created as gay and his son 'Obsidian' is in the comic book as well. As far as I can tell this is the only relevant news worthy thing happening that involves the name Obsidian and liberal idea pushing. Maybe your social friends are confused? Or perhaps there's some deep dark secret agenda hasn't hit the interwebs yet :p. Anyways, as far as I can tell Obsidian Entertainment isn't pushing any agenda except for the old school rpg agenda.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

I don't think it's Obsidian doing it. I think it's people wanting the game to pander to their pet socio-political issues.

Except everyone wants the game to cater to their own personal tastes. There are topics about how the portrayal of intelligent evil characters, realistic medieval combat, moral ambiguity, metaphysics, political intrigue, etc. Half of those ideas can be perceived as pet socio-political issues.

Obsidian has a policy of inclusion, as do these forums. That's about the long and the short of what I'm able to provide on the subject.

The thread's topic seems to be asked and answered. As the thread does not appear to be strictly about the game but instead about people and social concerns tangential to the game, I will be closing it.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."