Will P:E have a boxed version after launch?

No? That's weird, you'd figure cardboard would be cheaper yah know?

Boxes are quite expensive because you need to work with a printer on how to make the box. There are many different types of boxes. Is it going to be a Straight Tuck End (STE) or Reverse Tuck End (RTE) box? You have to work out the dimensions and the printer will have to adjust their machinery to accomodate those dimensions. Then they have to have the outside of the box printed with graphics before it's assembled. Usually the printer will do some samples before they go full production. And some of the samples might not be up to standard and have to go back for changes. My brother has had boxes made for his business and was telling me all about it. It's quite costly.

goodbye "large boxed" game hope

Edited by molarBear

"if everyone is dead then why don't i remember dying?"

—a clueless sod to a dustman

"if we're all alive then why don't i remember being born?"

—the dustman's response

Well I am disappointed at this news. I never stopped to think that the game might come in a dvd case. I just assumed it would be a 'big box' like the IE games came in. I'm at the collectors boxed level but I think I am going to move down to the lowest digital tier. I don't really care about the extras like the t-shirt so that is not a factor for me. If they happen to decide to go with a big box for some reason I'll move back up. This is not a deal breaker type of deal for the game, it really has nothing to do with the game itself, and I still am going to support it but I am just no longer interested in the boxed copy. Maybe a lame thing to care about but whatever. Glad I found out now rather than being disappointed when the game finally shipped.

Asked in the comment page of P:E's kickstarter page:

Question for us $65 tier pledgers.

Is the box version going to be cardboard or plastic?

Will there be a box release after launch?

Got this back:

@KENT It will, most likely, but something similar to a double DVD case - like you see most games in now-a-days. As for after the KS for a box copy, not sure, but we don't have any plans right now to do another run of them.

So it's going to be a plastic case they say without plans to do another run.

What do you guys think? Are plastic ones cheaper than cardboard? Or would they do that just because plastic will last longer, though I do like cardboard ones haha.

Hmm, that means no cardboard box.

Why call it the "boxed" version if it is not in a box but a dvd case? Strange.

I seriously thought that the regular boxed version was with a cardboard box, just like what Inxile offered with Wasteland 2.

Edited by dlux

:closed: