Dog companion  

401 members have voted

1. 1. Do you dog companion (like Dogmeat)?

Companions are great and dogs a great companions, but it would be best to have more choices. Just no silly companions like flying book familiars or hamsters. Oh wait, hamsters are ok.

I said they're ok! Arraraghh.... no Boo, no... not the eyes, not the eyes please...

So the vanity pet (only one vanity pet will be created, I guess?).

I still don't want a dog.... But I wouldn't be averse to a Fizzgig. :) Maybe a LIm-Lim (lol). Or a tribble.

Of course, the vanity pet can't be useful in combat or that would unbalance things for backers above $50, unless it only does 1 pt of damage per hit and misses half the time.

Hamster, I certainly wouldn't mind--or some similar rodent since PE is a different kind of world. I suspect many people would want to see it visible as a sprite, though.

We have no idea about the beastiary for PE yet, though, so I'm still holding out hope for something a little more exotic but cute.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I've nothing against entirely optional dog companions, but when they aren't optional, I am against them -- for the same reason many people would rather not have a spider, which is to say that I have a phobia of dogs and ending up with one following my character around whether I like it or not tends to put me on edge. It's not so bad in isometric games as it was in the Dragon Age games (I cringed a bit every time my character was interracting with a mabari), but it's still definitely not something I'd want.

Something different might be kind of neat, though. Maybe a large reptile of some sort.

knightofchaoss.jpg

I love dog companions, but I didn't like those wardog mutts in DA O.

Here's the coat of arms for dog handlers within the Obsidian Order of Eternity:

post-44400-0-32238100-1349761873_thumb.gif

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

• 1 month later...

I am happy to have a dog come along for the ride as long as it doesn't take up an NPC slot :)

New Dogmeat FTW!!

Houndmeat! :'D

In tribute to the Black Hound

Using this thread/post to gather all pet topics, bit of a necro but I think it's good to be on the same page (knowledge) sometimes:

Pet Mechanics a suggestion

The in-game pet (KS)

Enhanced Pets

Pet as a Gel Cube

Pet Speculation

Pets

Edited by Osvir

Standard dog companions are so cliche. Knowing Obsidian and MCA, this is what we're going to get -

The Shadow of the Dog: you think he's the evil archmage's familiar, but the evil archmage is HIS familiar.

Plato Dog: because people whine about lack of deep interaction with their dog companion.

The Traitor Dog: because canine loyalty is so passe.

The Dog Who Transforms Into a Human: because weredogs are so yesterday.

The Dog Who Thinks He's a Cat: only trumped by...

The Cat Who Thinks He's a Dog

Romance with a Dog: Bioware supports LGBT, you say? Don't worry, we're one step ahead...

All of the above put together: now we're talking Obsidian.

Edited by Azarkon

There are doors