Dog companion  

401 members have voted

1. 1. Do you dog companion (like Dogmeat)?

Forgive me for adding another poll (because I know you guys are sick of these), but I'm just curious on whether people would like a dog companion. Since both Arcanum and Fallout had dogs as companion, I figure, why not stick with tradition and add dog companion in this game? The dog's class doesn't have to be unique, so he could a slightly modified version of the fighter class that would fit dogs. For example, the dog would have "headbutt" instead of "shield bash", but both skills could be exactly the same damage-wise.

Obviously, a dog companion won't have as much character development as the other companions, but he could react to certain situations and you could makes some funny banters with the dog (similar to the dog in Dragon Age Origin).

Forgive me for adding another poll (because I know you guys are sick of these),

Yes... :x

Joking aside, I wouldn't mind an animal companion. While I liked 'Dog' in DA:O (one of my favourites besides Sten and Zevran), I'm not really fond of canines in general. Give me a pet Kommodo Dragon or something exotic.

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Maybe an elf on a leash? Fetch. Sit. Play dead. Good elf!

• Like 13

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ehh I think I'm kind of sick of dog companions after DA. Summons? Yes. Familiars or ranger-type animal companions? Yes. Okku? Yes. I certainly wouldn't want anything that would occupy one of the companion slots, though I wouldn't mind something that just started following you around because you happened to feed it. And do we even know that they will have dogs in this world? If they do they have to have cats too.

This is a fantasy game. let's have some 'fantasy' pets not RL ones like dogs or cats.

Want a dog as a pet? How about a choice between a hell hound or a blink dog.

Let's make the pets fantastical to fit the fantasy.

• Like 3

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'd much rather see a potential exotic creature companion. Not sure as a party member or as a ranger-type summon, hmmm.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

A scaly quetzalcoatl gets my vote.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I'd like pets like a dog, but not for combat. A dog could be good for alerting the party to dangers through smell and hearing. Another pet could be a mule that helps carry loot and even injured party members.

Similar to the pets system in Torchlight?