What kinds of environments would you like to see?

I really don't like deserts or volcanic areas if I'm playing a game I will either avoid or breeze through desert areas. I like leafy and green areas and snow too.

The final area being all volcanic and barren is something that makes me think the devs are lazy. I love underwater stuff so an aquatic area could be cool.

I would like to see a frozen tundra with mountains and such, kind of like the land north of the wall in Game of Thrones.

Underground Cavern

Deep Deep Forest area like Kashyyk

Swamp

Ancient Ruins

Volcanic areas with active lava flows, etc.

If it were 3d I would say Underwater also...

I'd like to see a big, bustling trading port city, preferrably with a mediterranean or middle eastern flair. Also, Tuscany inspired hill country would be nice or Andalusian Sierra. Incredibly evocative landscapes that would be perfect for a quasi medieval going toward renaissance setting but depart a bit from the standard northern Europe inspired countryside you normally get in Fantasy. Generally I like hills and mountains.

Edited by Hugo Rune
  • Like 1

Remote, harsh, uninhabited wildernesses are kind of dull. Unless you're building a survival simulation, I think they'd get old pretty fast. Most of the interesting role-playing activities are based around intelligent life forms. Even a brutal artic setting is more interesting when there's a barbarian tribe to visit or an old crypt to explore.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Basically north-western Europe!

Nordic fjords, snowy tundra and taiga ...

Rolling hills of Scotland, wind-swept heaths of England ...

The cosy endless plains of the low countries dotted with farms, flanked by poplars ...

The great Black Forest of Germany ...

The majesty of the Alps looming in the distance ...

Come over, devs; we'll show you around! :)

• Like 1

Chronicler of the Obsidian Order; for the pen is mightier than the sword!

Just dawned on me....what about other dimensions?

It's cool to see something completely different and unexpected once in a while, yes. Like the Planar Sphere in Baldur's Gate II.

Chronicler of the Obsidian Order; for the pen is mightier than the sword!

A city floating a few inches above a lake. (Or, perhaps, the exact height between a given building and the surface of the lake is determined by the stature of the inhabitant - the nobles' estates float meters above the commoners' houses.)

A mining settlement built on the back of a giant, wandering earth elemental, thriving on the rich mineral and ore deposits the creature excretes regularly.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I'll gleefully say yes to every conceivable type of environment. And to the unconceivable types too.

I'd rather this game not be one of those "theme" type games like Icewind dale or whatever, because inevidably one gets sick of seeing snow all the time. or Deserts all the time, or forests all the time. Give us every type of environment you can think of. Give us a sprawling urban slum that we can get away from as we head towards a thick forest that we must pass to get to a desert, that gives way to a frozen tundra with igloo filled villages at the base of a massive mountain range, which houses a cavern containing an underground dwarven city, that goes so deep that we start seeing rivers of magma and races of subterainian monsters not yet documented by the civilizations miles above them.

Edited by Stun