What kinds of environments would you like to see?

I took a look at the map and it looks like there's a lot of green space, some mountains, maybe some more desert-like climates, and (going by the concept art) there will be snow, so I was wondering if there are other specific environments you'd like to see?

I'd like to see a bleak, rocky environment and/or a forest where it's always autumn. The one environment that I'm sick to death of is probably desert-like environs. I just tend to breeze through desert sections in this sort of game. ("I'm tired of looking at dried up everything, take me back to the sewers!")

• Like 1
image-163149-full.jpg?1348680770

Volcanoes! Swamps! Underwater!

Really I'm happy with almost any environment as long as it's done nicely, and if possible with a bit of a unique touch to it. I may not have liked a lot of things about Diablo 3 for example, but I did love the way the different environments looked in it. However I admit, I am rather attracted to bright colours so that probably influences my tastes.

An autumn forest environment does sound good.

Green forest, mountains, desert and snowy tundra area. Sounds about everything I need :biggrin:

Actually yeah, I don't really like deserts. Or those extremely cold north-pole like environment where everything is just ice. Tundra environment is ok, cold, snowy with some rocks and plants around.

Petrified forests, haunted by rumours as to their origins and mythology.

A slowly emerging volcano blasted cityscape such as Pompei, where the souls of the entombed can almost be heard crying out.

Gardens of malevolant flora, whose sweet smelling flowers and fronds hide soil enriched by blood and flesh.

Massive, empty, towers, that may be naturally formed or the product of some god like race of millenia past. The wind whistling through their heights should be almost musical.

A black as pitch lake, surrounded by walls of obsidian stone. And within the walls forbidding images are carved, kings and potentates from some age long forgotten.

An engulfed cathedral, its tower yet standing proud of the waves, and its bells still calling the faithful who shall never come.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I don't know if weather is possible, but a portion of a combat area mid hurricane would be pretty cool.

Also Underground cities that are NOT abandoned or otherwise tomblike...

Also, ice/glaciers/tundra is always cool, especially in a climate/area that isn't supposed to have ice, like underground...

Herald of the Obsidian Order

I remember this gamebook by Steve Jackson (who works with Peter Molyneux I think)

It was about a City. I don't recall all the details, but I remember it was pretty linear. You go through the town from the sewers to the palaces. And I would like to see that in PE, an episode like this one, a city where you are trapped and you have to find your way from the bottom to the top. As soon as you enter the city, you fall in the sewers. Labyrinthine and dangerous sewers, city streets in some kind (IIRC) of martial law, heavily protected palaces. It was really great.

6a015390985392970b015391a65165970b-800wi.jpg

I've always wanted a game set in a world akin to what's in the short novel Sentenced to Prism. Crystalline, silicate+organic life/environments. But that's an entirely different potential game, not this one. :)

So...the typical things. Volcanic caverns, large lakes, mossy swamps, snow and forest and ruins would be fine with me.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Arctic and desert with environmental exposure issues and a requirement for proper equipment or suffer a quick death. I like environments that are more than just a static background to look at while everything else happens.

Please yes. I've always longed for some sort of survival mechanic where traveling in itself is perilous. The untamed wilderness can be a magnificent character in itself. There are plenty of great examples in literature.

Seasons would also be nice.

Biomes unique to this RPG world not based on those of Earth, in addition to any Earth-like Biome's that may be wanted. As long as they're all done well and fit with the intended world.

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

This won't be terribly original, but here goes :

Glaciers, snowy landscapes and mountains. Yes, I liked the atmosphere in Icewind Dale ;)

On top of that - swamps and ancient forests.

You want the glaciers, snowy landscapes and mountains buried beneath the swamps and ancient forests? :biggrin:

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"