What types of weapons would you like to see in game?

Also no Japanese weapons, overused and not appropriate for late medieval high fantasy setting.

I'm not sure what's supposed to make them inappropriate, when it's entirely possible that the setting could include some culture inspired by Asian countries.

I'm not even saying I *want* Japanese weapons in the game (if anything I would be more for a Mongolian inspired culture), it's just that I find this kind of baseless knee-jerk reaction a bit hilarious.

Weapons that fit the current technology of the world is fine with me.

And THIS is the only right answer as far as I'm concerned, by the way.

There is a reason if standard war equipment changed over time based on the technology level, and it's that some weapons were simply more effective in specific typologies of warfare.

Edited by Tuco Benedicto

I don't want Rapiers if they are going to use broadsword animations. Loses the entire point of using a rapier.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Spears and staffs are the main two for me but also assortment of sword, flails, halberds would be nice. My main concern is they include to many weapons and don't differentiate them enough from each other....I don't think theres much point in having 4 different types of swords which all serve the same function (say moderate dmg and moderate swing speed). Hopefully they'll make enemies more resistant to certain types of dmg than others. For example skellies much more resistant to swords then flails etc... which adds an additional layer of tactics and encourages players to try (and keep) a variety of weapons in their inventory. Having to many weapons can also cause problems if they include weapon specialization feats (a personal per peeve) and then don't provide enough unique weapons for each weapon type, making your fighters whip specialization a complete waste (this was common in BG).

Short swords

Long swords (1.5 hand)

Two handed sword

Battle
axes

Battle
hammers

Daggers

Spears

Clubs

Slings

Flails

Maces

Short bows

Long bows

Crossbows

Quarterstaffs

Tridents

Scythes

Knuckles

Wands

Rods

Whips

as for shields:

bucklers

medium shields

large shields

Bohemian earspoon.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Blunt weapons, dammit.

Blunt weapons have been sorely neglected in recent CRPGs. Why can't I use a mace or a hammer alongside my shield?

And melee staves. Staves are great melee weapons, but we almost never get to use them like that in CRPGs.

God used to be my co-pilot, but then we crashed in the Andes and I had to eat him.

I don't want Rapiers if they are going to use broadsword animations. Loses the entire point of using a rapier.

Good point; for that matter, I'd prefer if we had access to a smaller arsenal - but with each piece of weaponry having different animations and uses.

Edited by Karranthain

I would like whips to be included. Eadir has one and I want it!

unequipable item...the backstory goes that Eadir's father was an animal tamer and his dying wish (after he was brutally mauled by a dire charmed lion) was that Eadir always go into battle with it and never let anyone else use it for any reason whatsoever.
  • Like 2

unequipable item...the backstory goes that Eadir's father was an animal tamer and his dying wish (after he was brutally mauled by a dire charmed lion) was that Eadir always go into battle with it and never let anyone else use it for any reason whatsoever.

Is his backstory posted somewhere? I would love to read it.

Is his backstory posted somewhere? I would love to read it.

Ummm, I think he was joking. :yes:

priestess2.jpg

The Divine Marshmallow shall succour the souls of the Righteous with his sweetness while the Faithless writhe in the molten syrup of his wrath.

In addition to everything else mentioned, how about hand to hand and the various weapons to accomodate such styles:

Knuckles

Fist Wraps

Enchanted Guantlets

Claws

Punching Daggers

Magical Augmentations or other supernatural augmentation. (Tattoos, curses, etc...)

I would appreciate many forms or if need be, reduced to two styles: Martial Techniques and Brute Brawling.

This role could bring a type control, mobility and resilience to the party.

I'm not the kind of player who likes to play dress up the pc with awesome armor and cool weapons. I just want there to be different weapons with different functions, something like AoD perhaps; dagger class weapons are fast but do little damage, hammers are heavier and have a chance to knock down, spears have reach, axes penetrate shields etc.

Edited by codexer

Anything that can be used indoors, is not ceremonial and fits the tech level of the setting is fine for me. No pikes, no lances, no oversized executioners tools, no ballistae, no grenade launcher. At least not for the player to use.

And I don't give a damn whether that single edged, slightly curved sword is called katana or something else =P