I'd up my pledge but... (opinions)

Pledging more..  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Would you donate more if you knew more about the game?

• Yes, in a heartbeat!
    • Yes but only if they announce romance options.
    • Yes but only if they announce multi-player/mods.
    • Yes but only if they announce romance & multi/mods.
    • No, I already like what's already in it and this is as much as I'm pledging.
    • No and if they announce romance options I'm canceling my pledge.
    • Yes but only if.. (specify in the post)

Personally I'm sitting on a certain amount for my pledge but I'd really like to up it to the 65 dollars one for a physical copy especially with player houses in but.. truth be told the only thing that would give me that 'umph' is if they add romance options. I'd personally be upset if they announce them after the fact that pledging is over which makes me think that it's hard for people to fully pledge unless they know what's going to be in it. I know that games do hide certain elements until the release but usually it's like who's going to be a companion and such other things not game play elements. So, all in all, is anyone in the same boat as me? Just waiting for a certain news so you can up your pledge?

At 65 bucks, I'm not sure I can really dig any deeper ... I mean, I'd like to and I have the means, but on general principle spending more has diminishing returns for me: I don't really want beta access, I don't need a lot of add-ins and merchandise, and I'm pretty confident that the devs are going to make a really good game even if it doesn't have every pet feature I might want. Maybe if there was a mod tool and a mega dungeon announced as a stretch goal that might nudge me, but overall I'm pretty satisfied with where my pledge amount is at.

• Like 1

Well I'd like to see a promise that the game will not have any cooldowns. At least that you cannot permanently turn off. I don't see any reason to believe that it will but if it does I won't be playing the game no matter how good the story is. It's a total deal breaker for me. If they announce cooldowns I will withdraw my money entirely and keep my fingers crossed for other projects. If they announce romance minigames I'll be dissapointed but hopefully they'll have the good sense to make them entirely skippable. Ideally even completely turned off in options.

Edited by metiman

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

I already pledged for the physical copy... 80$ is nothing to sneeze at.

Would something get me to pledge more? I dunno.

I could, if some news really hit home with me...mechanics and the setting are the only things that really matter to me.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

I'm not sure why you piled multiplayer and mods into one stack given there are plenty of heavily modded single player games out there.

Edited by Umberlin
  • Like 1

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

I've already pledged 168 dollars so I don't think I have any more money to take, they'd have to take my blood if they want more! :S

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I know all I need to know about about the game....it's being made by Obsidian whose dedication to this project is greater than I've ever seen in a developer, they are completely committed to delivering an amazing, branching story and well it's just about guaranteed to be the kind of unparalleled, amazing kind of game that only obsidian can deliver.

As for the backing....I have given as much as I can for now.....I'll have to take another look at my finances and see if there's more I can do before the kickstarter ends.

1zq6793.jpg

I've already upped my pledge once ($8 for the OO!), and I might very well up it again. I'm not sure if any of the poll reasons would cause me to instantly whip out my wallet, though. Romance? Well, I do rather enjoy that, but it's far from something I'd pay more to have. I'll simply enjoy getting to know more about my companions, if it's there. As for multiplayer, no, I'm not interested in that at all. Mods, however, are something I am very much interested in, as I think they really extend the life of a game immensely. (As I type this, I'm downloading some Thief 2 Fan Missions! I loves me some mods.) I won't tie my pledge increase up into a demand for an SDK, though. It would be nice to have, sure, but my possible pledge increase is contingent on my 'fluff funds' after necessary expenditures this month and not on anything Obsidian does.

Edited by Shaz

Yes, but only if they show me ingame footage. Before I pledge more money I would like to see the design approach in the game and the graphics.

I've already raised my pledge three times (and a fourth time for the Order) but I would do it once more if they come up with an atmospheric, greedy and quite realistic art design.

35167v4.jpg

I'm already triplling my pledge before the thing ends. I don't really care about romance or multiplayer. Neither is something I want in a game.

It'd be nice to have some fun dialogue options to rebuff romantic advances though.

I've already raised my pledge three times (and a fourth time for the Order)

What's this order stuff? I haven't been to the forum in a few days and I wasn't aware that there was an order thing going on.

Edited by Audiocide

I'm already triplling my pledge before the thing ends. I don't really care about romance or multiplayer. Neither is something I want in a game.

It'd be nice to have some fun dialogue options to rebuff romantic advances though.

I've already raised my pledge three times (and a fourth time for the Order)

What's this order stuff? I haven't been to the forum in a few days and I wasn't aware that there was an order thing going on.

Follow the link in my sig, if you increase your pledge by 8 then you get to have a special forum title like mine! :)

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I'll get a deluxe box if there's a note the DVD will be DRM free (no activation or anything).

Put in a "redeem in steam code for good measure".

I will not fork up the money 2 years ahead, if the developers don't trust me in turn.

• Like 1

I forgot about that. It's an excellent point. For me a DVD with DRM is pointless. GOG download may be the only DRM free option.

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.