Which Infinity Engine games did you play?

Which Infinity Engine games did you play?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Which Infinity Engine games did you play? Check all that apply

• Baldur's Gate
    • Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast
    • Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
    • Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
    • Planescape: Torment
    • Icewind Dale
    • Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter
    • Icewind Dale: Trials of the Luremaster
    • Icewind Dale 2

See as above 90% of the members of this awesome forum have played at least an Infinity Engine game before, as a previous poll showed, I was curious to know which one were played most.

I played all of them. :)

Edited by Zeckul

By 'play' do you mean actually finishing? Would playing even for an hour count? This is the problem with polls. You really have to be careful with defining your terms.

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

By 'play' do you mean actually finishing? Would playing even for an hour count? This is the problem with polls. You really have to be careful with defining your terms.

I just mean play. I could add another option for "finishing" though. --- hum looks like I can't edit the first post, that sucks :(

Also, although technically Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is an IE game, it's not out yet so there's no point putting it there.

Edited by Zeckul

I selected all because... ALL. I played all, often multiple times. I liked IWD more then IWD2, though I really loved the 3E stuff in IWD2 and would of loved to see it being used for the new BGEE stuff but I'll be happy with the BG2, ADnD stuff. Ultimately, as fun as IWD was, having no companions (and as such, having to make up my own party in its entirety) kind of killed 2 birds for me so to speak. One, less attachment to a character since I was 4-6 people at once, kinda awkward. And 2 just.. no personality though out the game, nothing to bounce off of. Party companions just kinda helps ground things when they comment on stuff and can.. you know... talk, have personality and all that good stuff.

Also while IWD2 added more RP options (yay) it ehh, still lacked the ability for you to choose who was going to be talking at any given moment AND cut skill point allocation IN HALF per character. I mean, here you have a game, based off a rule system designed for groups... and they cut up the non-combat skills in half for reason i can't quite figure out. Can't because you where making more then 1 character... just seemed silly. Also luck of the draw on who talks with no selection of which NPC does gets kinda aggrivating after awhile.

My favorites where PST and BG2. Loved BG1 more open setup, but BG2 was still a much, much bigger game even with the more jump-point oriented setup they had going. And then PST man... Oh man. I love that game so much. Has a bit more openyness like BG1 had going for it but just... well, it has Annah. <3 Annah.

-edit-

Ahh BG2 being 'bigger' isn't why I like it more.. the character development really. They talked more, they chimed in constantly. They stopped you mid strole just to start up a conversation. They argued with eachother (Jahiera, Aerie and Viconia in same party anyone? Oh the delicious bickering). PST also had that to a good extent. That's what really made those 2 the best of the crop in my book. IWD ultimately lacked that, but it was designed as just a more combat heavy dungeon crawler style.

Edited by Adhin

Def Con: kills owls dead

I played them all. Played them all to completion multiple times with the exception of BG1 which I only beat once (and cheated to do so, I'm unproud to say).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

All of them. The IWD series wasn't so good, though. I hope PE stays a lot closer to the other titles.

my faith has been offended by this blasphemy.

Well...the IWD series was a lot more linear and combat focused (they didn't even have real companions...you had to create your whole party at the beginning). No comparison with PS:T for example. Just not my cup of tea.

Edited by BSoda
  • Like 1

All of them, obviously.

Baldur's Gate was my first, and I hold a lot of sentiment to it. Same goes with the sequel. They were great for their exploration, though some areas lacked (especially in the first game) and were the richest in content, even if the content's level was very uneven.

Torment is probably my favourite game of all time, even though it's not really a *game*.

IWD was the most old-school: creating the whole party (great), coherency, tightness, great encounter design. I could only wish it was turn-based.

[intelligence] I'm fighting the Good Fight with my posts.

...PS:T > IWD/HoW/TotL > BG > SoA/ToB... :yes:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

All of them. I still have all my original CD cases for them.

I finally moved mine out of the CD cases not long ago so no longer have that - except for BG1 which had a cardstock paper sleeve folder thingy which is still with my BG1 manual & map.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man