Kotor prequel

You know what would be cool? A prequel to kotor. The story could be about revan when he first joins the mandalore wars. The main quest would be to find and kill mandalore on his flagship somewhere in the outer rim. That could be the first 30 minutes of the game then u kill mandalore then on your way home your ship crashlands on Moladore IV where he finds ancient painting or a tapestry in ancient ruins or a temple which tells the story of how the rakatan formed the infinite empire and the giant space station (the starforge) which would be something like the egyptian paintings then you set out on a quest for the starmaps only this time instead of the planets you visit its a new set and the explanatiojn is that every 5 years the starmaps shows 5 new locations of other starmaps on planets (stupid and cheesy i know but can u think of a better explanation?) ok so now the planets are endor,yavin4,correlia,alderaan, the mandalorian homeworld, and the swamps of naboo. and the unknown homeworld. and obsidian could use the same engine they use for kotor 2 and release it maybe a few months or a year later. and in this game revan would have his armor on permanently (which would allow FMV's like in FF games) Malak, HK47, Revans girlfriend who he rescued on Taris but later in the game she dies which helps revan go to the darkside, T2-M5 revans custom built droid and two more jedi and a mandalorian and an Iridorian who you hire to aid you in the battle with the mandalorians. Yes yes this is the best story you've ever heard and yes i know i am a genius and deserve to ahve this game made and no need to thank me good people of obsidian.

hmm interesting i wouldnt mind a prequel myself, but how far can the story go on about revan? i mean he was my fav character in KotOR but isnt it time we had something fresh, thats of course assuming he has a large part to play in TSL :blink:

*admires his modesty :p *

No, NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!!!!

I like Revan unknown thanks.

Its much easier to imagine (s)he as an evil Sith lord without something that could never live up to my standards of evilness.

I was disappointed enough to hear Revan supposedly a tactical and strategic genius had made a big enough mistake to get himself captured; please don’t make it any worse.

Is it just me, or are there way too many Darth Sion avatars floating around?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Yup!

Also i dont think this idea would work because rpgs are about developing ur own character and taking him in the direction that u want. We already know what happens to Revan so you would not even be able to chose the light or the DS as it has to be DS.

Although IMO it would be nice to learn more about how Revan fell to the DS.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I don't think I'd want to see a Revan prequel game. This would be better suited as a user-made mod (although that'd be quite difficult with the current set up of the game).

After this "series" is done, whether it be with TSL ending the Revan saga, or KOTOR 3 ending it, I hope they move on to a new time period and spawn a story from there.

5000 years is a lot of time to fill, and realistically you could have about 4 or 5 different "series" set 1000 years apart with different characters and storyline. That's what I hope they exploit, rather than keeping with the "Revan story".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yup!

Also i dont think this idea would work because rpgs are about developing ur own character and taking him in the direction that u want. We already know what happens to Revan so you would not even be able to chose the light or the DS as it has to be DS.

have you even played any FF games. Ok these games are hits all over the world and most of the ff games especially the best ones are completely linear. In fact they only have one ending and if i remember ff 10 and 10 2 had almost 0 sidequests except the one in ff 10 where u had the choice to kill this omega guy. so the kotor prequel would work perfectly well

I don't think I'd want to see a Revan prequel game.  This would be better suited as a user-made mod (although that'd be quite difficult with the current set up of the game).

After this "series" is done, whether it be with TSL ending the Revan saga, or KOTOR 3 ending it, I hope they move on to a new time period and spawn a story from there.

5000 years is a lot of time to fill, and realistically you could have about 4 or 5 different "series" set 1000 years apart with different characters and storyline.  That's what I hope they exploit, rather than keeping with the "Revan story".

but every one loves revan and they oculd just as easily do what ff is doing only its all in the sw universe. U know i would love to see a sw rpg where everything doesnt revolve around the jedi and lightside darkside nonsense. Its kinda getting old dont u think. I mean so far ever sw game that has jedi in it involves the jedi having to stop the sith/darkjedi from taking over the galaxy. its either a giant space station that can destroy planets, a giant space station that can build an infinite fleet or a giant space station that has something to do with stars, thats why republic commando and battlefront will be big hits cause its not some diabolical plan to destroy everything battlefronts aboout reliving the greatest battles and rc is about killing trandoshans and saving wookies

Yup!

have you even played any FF games. Ok these games are hits all over the world and most of the ff games especially the best ones are completely linear. In fact they only have one ending and if i remember ff 10 and 10 2 had almost 0 sidequests except the one in ff 10 where u had the choice to kill this omega guy. so the kotor prequel would work perfectly well

Did u even read the post properly? A game about revan b4 he fell would have to be linear because we know what happens to him. You could not choose to keep him on the LS because that would go against the story of K1.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

U know i would love to see a sw rpg where everything doesnt revolve around the jedi and lightside darkside nonsense. Its kinda getting old dont u think.

I kinda liked that part of the game, a little variety would be nice but i hope u arent suggesting we get rid of that all together in games, just because its "getting old" :huh: :angry:

but every one loves revan and they oculd just as easily do what ff is doing only its all in the sw universe. U know i would love to see a sw rpg where everything doesnt revolve around the jedi and lightside darkside nonsense. Its kinda getting old dont u think. I mean so far ever sw game that has jedi in it involves the jedi having to stop the sith/darkjedi from taking over the galaxy. its either a giant space station that can destroy planets, a giant space station that can build an infinite fleet or a giant space station that has something to do with stars, thats why republic commando and battlefront will be big hits cause its not some diabolical plan to destroy everything battlefronts aboout reliving the greatest battles and rc is about killing trandoshans and saving wookies

Wait a minute. First you say you want them to make a prequel about Revan, then you say that you'd rather see a game without Jedi and Sith and Force users? Your two suggestions kind of contradict each other.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The story of Exar Kun has been dunn'd to death. There are books. There are comic books. And his presence has been felt in other video games too.

If you're interested, read the Tales of the Jedi comic book series. Avoid the Kevin J. Anderson novels.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The story of Exar Kun has been dunn'd to death. There are books. There are comic books. And his presence has been felt in other video games too.

If you're interested, read the Tales of the Jedi comic book series. Avoid the Kevin J. Anderson novels.

I agree.

If they decide to do more games in the Old Republic era, do so with original characters, such as they did with Revan and Malak, rather than using already known characters who already have a backstory.

No way man, no Revan prequel set up like a Final Fantasy game. Those games are all well and good, if you like that type of thing....which I kind of do, but the main point of a true RPG is CHOICE. Being able to choose your path...it was what made KOTOR a big hit.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

No way man, no Revan prequel set up like a Final Fantasy game. Those games are all well and good, if you like that type of thing....which I kind of do, but the main point of a true RPG is CHOICE. Being able to choose your path...it was what made KOTOR a big hit.

Agreed

Didn't like any FF games after FF3 (american release) cause they limited my choices and the stories were way over the top for my tast.

Keep it true to the KOTOR formula with choices.... makes for a much better gaming expericene IMHO

• 3 weeks later...

More fun would be a game with Bastila as Main Character. We start in the beginning of the Revan's Conquest and end on his flagship. At last we could see her Battle Meditaion and see her in action on the battlefield. Alternative ending would be nice too.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

More fun would be a game with Bastila as Main Character. We start in the beginning of the Revan's Conquest and end on his flagship. At last we could see her Battle Meditaion and see her in action on the battlefield. Alternative ending would be nice too.

You really have got something going for Bastilla havnt you :p

Nur i like that idea i for one (i know a lot of people disagree) liked bastilla i thought she was a great character and alll that preachiness is how she was taught.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together