What do you wish not to see in PE

-

- Weapons or armor that break or gets worse over time

[intelect 8 / 15]- Shown skilllimits for dialogue-options (I really would like to say that, but sorry, I am unable to :p)

Would it still be okay to show that a choice is a skill limit choice but only if you meet the threshold.

Something like [intellect] - I'm smart, so I can say this

But if you're not smart you just don't get the choice?

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

^That's how torment did it. Just that It didn't advertize the utilized stat. If you were smart enough/wise enough/charismatic enough, you simply saw that extra dialogue option(s) on the list.

That's the way it should be.

Edited by Stun
  • Like 1

I've said it elsewhere, not another arena please, where players can prove themselves like some gladiators.

And I would be deeply disappointed if there were no ghosts, spirits, shades, skeletons and other undead whatsoever in PE.

Also, an absurd excess of loot and magic items would not sit well with me, the same goes for fast levelling. I would prefer a system where each level gets harder and harder to reach.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

^That's how torment did it. Just that It didn't advertize the utilized stat. If you were smart enough/wise enough/charismatic enough, you simply saw that extra dialogue option(s) on the list.

That's the way it should be.

Heh, I actually couldn't remember how Torment did it (been ages since I played one of the IE games)

I'd prefer just having I'm smart, so I can say this, the attribute tag in front makes it rather too obvious that this is a superior dialogue choice imho.

I'm torn on this myself, on the one hand not guiding the player helps the player stick to their characterization (ie choosing the dialogue that's fits the view of the character, not the dialogue that's the most special) on the other hand I can also appreciate the encouragement having the tag gives me as a player in showing how my choices are influencing what I can do in the game.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I hope they put aside the idea of an Insectoid race (I really don't understand what's the part that people find interesting in those anthropomorphic oversized bugs)

Yeah, the real cool demi-humans are crabmen, with their natural weapons and armor.

Feargus keeps promising bizarre. The wait is killing me.

Well a crab-like race would be overpowered. Natural full-plate armour plus another full-plate armour on it. :alienani:

I'm worried about the big bugs race because:

a- I cannot think at those things if not as a butterfly/mantis/dragonfly humanoid (i suppose nobody wants to see a humanoid ****roach... urgh)

b- In an interview, (iirc) Feargus said that, before the community's suggestion, they was not thinking about an insectoid race (but now they are thinking about it)

Would it still be okay to show that a choice is a skill limit choice but only if you meet the threshold.

Maybe it's better if some dialogue line doesn't appear AT ALL if the skill/stats needed are not met.

I think this solution will increase alot(h) the re-playability of the game

Edited by Sick
LXIfI.jpg

Right, not showing the line (thus the player doesn't know 15 int or above triggers extra dialogue) was what I meant.

- The girl that can kick ass, but constantly makes a big deal about it (further reinforcing the stereotype that we should be surprised that a girl can kick ass)

Oh god yes. And the way everyone supposedly looks up to her for it, often turning her into a Mary Sue type character. Or into the Morrigan-type when they try to make her dark as well (I know Morrigan was a spellcaster, but it was still the same sort of personality). Just bring me female warriors who kicks arse and doesn't make a big deal out of it and isn't supposed to be some sort of awesomesauce. I mean, I like female warriors, just not when they are waving their boobs in your face demanding respect for being a female warrior.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Not to defend the Archvillian or anything, but remember that Bioware probably has kids in mind as their target audience. Judging from the story and, say, Minsc, that may even have been true for BG2 as well. I think they think that only teens and preteens actually play comptuer games.

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

-

[intelect 8 / 15]- Shown skilllimits for dialogue-options (I really would like to say that, but sorry, I am unable to :p)

I'd go a step forward adding that if you are smart enough to gain a new and better dialogue option, the normal-int dialogue option should not even be present.

One thing is having other dialogue options, but having the choice to use a normal int option instead of the higher int is nonsense to me. Unless by doing so I'd in some way gain an advantage (like not letting the other understand that I know he is tricking me, just to catch him with his hands in the sack, instead of just exposing him with words)

Something like -

Normal response might be:

"Why yes, I'll donate some money for your excellent charity!"

"No thanks, I gave at the office"

"If you come around here, I'm going to your orphanage and kick the children! And then you in the face!"

Int response might be

"[lie]Why yes, I'll donate some money for your excellent charity if you come back tomorrow..." (then you can contact the police to be there tomorrow)

"I am exposing your scam to the police, I suggest you get running."

"You can't fool me, I'm going to expect 10% of your profits from now on unless you want me exposing your scheme to the authorities"

• Like 2

Oh, another thing I don't want to see: love being portrayed as more important than duty/family/life etc. In so many games and stories now it's always shown that people should give up everything in the name of their loved one because Tru Wuv is so important! For once I'd live to see the opposite: that sometimes you need to put aside your selfish desire to bone someone for the sake of serving your kingdom or something along those lines. That sometimes abandoning your position to rush off and save your love will result in many others die, and that it's NOT OKAY because you sacrificed them for Tru Wuv! That Tru Wuv is not something that should be put on an unassailable pedestle and will solve all your problems.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

- No prophesies or overly used story-telling cliches that obviously pander to my ego.

- Whiny, emotionally weak companions.

- One set of best weapon/armor. Ill be using end-game items longer than most others so give me a choice.

- Black and white,. save baby/eat baby choices.

• Like 1

Oh, another thing I don't want to see: love being portrayed as more important than duty/family/life etc. In so many games and stories now it's always shown that people should give up everything in the name of their loved one because Tru Wuv is so important! For once I'd live to see the opposite: that sometimes you need to put aside your selfish desire to bone someone for the sake of serving your kingdom or something along those lines. That sometimes abandoning your position to rush off and save your love will result in many others die, and that it's NOT OKAY because you sacrificed them for Tru Wuv! That Tru Wuv is not something that should be put on an unassailable pedestle and will solve all your problems.

SPOILERS

Playing through DAO as an elf female and romancing prince idiot makes him say he cant marry you at the end because you're an elf. In awakening can either save the city or risk losing some of your companions to the darkspawn onslaught. Even Morrigan leaves you in the end.

-

KILL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE, DROP THE REMAINS IN TANK OF ACID, THEN PUT THE ACID IN A ROCKET AND SEND IT TO THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

-

KILL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE, DROP THE REMAINS IN TANK OF ACID, THEN PUT THE ACID IN A ROCKET AND SEND IT TO THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!

So you don't want intelligent dialogue at all, or you don't want intelligent dialogue to be denoted as intelligent (the latter being which people were favoring)?

Fantasy generic tropes. Nature loving elves, constantly at odds with the more progressive and industrious dwarves who are contantly cutting down their tree hugging forests for example.

I dont mind them using fantasy races, but do something different with their backgrounds.

+no political correctness. I play games to have fun and not to be conditioned into a sheep.

+too much romance. Im not playing a dating game and have no interst in playing one. BG II had it on a ok level.

+a too linear gamestructure overall. Corridor games are usually boring.( a megadungewon is another thing)

+Quest arrows and your target marked in a minimap or persons with markers floating over their heads.

+Boring and useless crafting-harvesting system. A timesink should matter and be fun.

+No popculture refernces to modern tv shows or movies. I rather see them from old school games that his game is inspired by.

+A house that doesnt matter and just is there to decorate. treat it more lika a living NPC or companion with is own history, quests, upgrades and such.

Edited by betongborr

- Fully voiced characters

- Gaudy weapon / armor design

- Hand-holding features

- A typical 'Chosen One' player-character

- Cinematics

- Level-scaling

- Modern swearing

While fully-voiced characters don't bother me (if done right), and cinematics, when limited, are fine, I agree on the rest listed here.

Totally unrelated, but...

DocDoom, I am in love with that signature.

Aye, I saw it and was just like "Awesome!!!!" :wub: