What do you wish not to see in PE

This may have already been said but I honestly do not have the time to read through every post to find out.

One of the things I never liked in games was that mages are pretty much forced to wearing robes. I want my whole entire party wearing armor. They're going to war for pities sake.

Nor do I want to find a spectacular ring only to find out it won't slip onto my finger because the necklace or cloak I'm wearing won't let it. Lol I always found that so ridiculous.

I agree with those who don't want a strength restriction on weapons that you know good and well such a character you're trying to give it to could easily wield it.

- no streamlining of any kind

- no hand holding

- normal mode should not be market speech for easy mode

- hardcore mode should not be market speech for "almost normal" mode

- anything that Electronic Arts' Bioware did and called it innovation is a DEFINITE NO

- anything that Betheseda did and called it innovation is a DEFINITE NO

- anything that would make it console-friendly is a DEFINITE NO

- anything that would make it casual-friendly is a DEFINITE NO

Waves of identical enemies that appear out of thin air right behind your caster/ranged

You don't like it when enemies use parachutes to jump down out of the sky?!

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Repairing weapons and armor, having to craft items, excessive amounts of voice acting (and the budget it takes), etc.

Crafting and enchanting are at 2.4 millions

So they are. Then I hope they're not essential/necessary elements of the game, then!

I hope they put aside the idea of an Insectoid race (I really don't understand what's the part that people find interesting in those anthropomorphic oversized bugs)

Edited by Sick
LXIfI.jpg

Have about just enough of the dark and gritty realism.

Lol, really? How many games even try to do it, let alone do it right? There's a veritable ocean of meaningless high fantasy tripe out there, and it's the 'dark and gritty' that is finally bringing something new to the table. I'll take Game of Thrones, Conan and Witcher any day over more Tolkien rip-offs.

Edited by licketysplit

Witcher 2 did political intrigue better than any other RPG I've ever played. But.... I'm trying to picture an industry full of "down to earth; politics of man" RPGs like Witcher 2's plotline. That just doesn't sound all that attractive to me.

...you must gather your party before venturing forth...

;(

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Waves of identical enemies that appear out of thin air right behind your caster/ranged

You don't like it when enemies use parachutes to jump down out of the sky?!

No ;(

Agreed . . . no more DA2 style enemy spawning please.

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

Witcher 2 did political intrigue better than any other RPG I've ever played. But.... I'm trying to picture an industry full of "down to earth; politics of man" RPGs like Witcher 2's plotline. That just doesn't sound all that attractive to me.

It doesn't have to involve politics. Just keep the game grounded in a semi-realistic setting, and avoid **** like talking trees, noble elves and the satan-inspired evil that rises every 1000 yrs and has to be banished to hell by the hero.

Edited by Gorth
Language

I hope they put aside the idea of an Insectoid race (I really don't understand what's the part that people find interesting in those anthropomorphic oversized bugs)

Giant intelligent insect-like races would say the same thing about you, puny human.

• Like 1

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

Yeah, the real cool demi-humans are crabmen, with their natural weapons and armor.

Feargus keeps promising bizarre. The wait is killing me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Not too many comic relief characters, it just gets too absurd over the course of the game. One Jansen or Fiddlebender is enough.

Also, no elven cultural superiority, I'm sick and tired of having to through that in almost every game that features them.

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

• No ridiculous pop culture references (Haris Pilton *shudder*)
  • No orphan chosen-one, destined by birth, in reality the only true decendant of whatshisface, shall bring balance to the force raised by their uncle/mentor etc cheap story mechanic
  • No militaristic garbage - only soldiers understand the gravity of situations, all civilians ever do is stop us from saving the world blah blah. If I wanted that I'd be on the BSN praising ME
  • No killing 10 rats quest but also no joke about killing 10 rats quests. Both have been doen to death.
  • No forced difficult decissions that are only there so the game can boast about difficult decissions. If there has been so much foreshadowing that players have seen the situation come up from miles away and only end up in the situation because the game has them on a railroad track to doom, then we stop be players/gamers and become simply a helpless audience.
  • No feedback spam on consequences of player actions just to stroke the player's ego.
  • Not too many wierd/strange/cool companions. I'd rather see a few interesting characters who are that without having to be the superexotic race we have never seen. If everyone is exotic even by exotic standards, then the exotic companions loose heir exoticness

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

i dont want the WTF travel times between locations that BG2 had. i mean to go from trademeet to windspear hills took 4h, to return to trademeet using the same road took 12h. to go from the exit of underdark to athkatla that was many miles away took 16h, but to go to watcher's keep that was barely a mile away took 36h. de arnise hold was half way to the road to umar hills and you needed 20h to reach it from athkatla, then you needed another 12h to go from there to umar hills, but if you went straight to umar hills from athkatla you needed just 20h.

the travel times were really messed up and i hope not to see that again

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Predictable cliches for NPCs and races:

- stoic and inexplicably scottish dwarves

- in decline but still glorious elves (who are welsh?!)

- hobbits halfings with furry feet who claim to be home bodies but really like travel and taller women

- the noble Paladin, the power mad wizard, the in conflict with his faith priest etc....

No more than one example of breaking the fourth well please

Magic becoming a overly complex chess game of breaching that defence and dispelling this buff a la BG2 ToB

Certain weapon types being almost immediately useless from the get go

Loot drop that becomes magic weapon candy land

Clunky inventory UIs with really small stacks or worse, no inventory system (ME 2 and 3 anyone?)

Too many companions for the player to really use

* That said, I've got a fair bit of confidence that OBS will not make these mistakes or errors and make in PE a really great cRPG.

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

-

- Weapons or armor that break or gets worse over time

[intelect 8 / 15]- Shown skilllimits for dialogue-options (I really would like to say that, but sorry, I am unable to :p)

Edited by Rink

- The girl that can kick ass, but constantly makes a big deal about it (further reinforcing the stereotype that we should be surprised that a girl can kick ass)

- Pop culture references

- Joke characters

- Inventory limited by space AND weight (I'm fine with one or the other)

• Like 1

"It is an extraordinary act of courage to come to know a stranger's pain. To even consider such a thing demands a profound dispensation, a willingness to wear someone else's chains, to taste their suffering, to see with one's own eyes the hue cast on all things -- the terrible stain that is despair."

-Tulas Shorn

"Toll the Hounds" by Steven Erikson

A generic-looking world inspired by medieval Europe with generic-looking "I'm so original because I'm different from the classic stereotypes!" companions.

Especially if said world is inspired by medieval Europe and very little else. Only with elves and dwarves, slavery, and modern cuss words to make people giggle naughtily or feel like they're playing a really mature game.

• Like 1