PA Report about Eternity and Brennecke - new concept art

Nice review, it is good to get know more of those not most famous members of the team.

I like consept even that there is some thing that bother me. Breast plate desing for one, trigger which is too close to butt and where is gunpowder and bullet pouches.

But those lovely arm plates, beatiful hair, following eyes, musket! and bad ass pose make concept likeable even with some flaws.

• Like 1

I was hoping black powder weapons were only at the level of hand cannons or maybe matchlocks. Nice to see some more concept art. I don't mind boob armor at all and I'm just glad we are not getting crazy mmo/JRPG armor.

Edited by Thulean

I was hoping black powder weapons were only at the level of hand cannons or maybe matchlocks. Nice to see some more concept art. I don't mind boob armor at all and I'm just glad we are not getting crazy mmo/JRPG armor.

The update that confirmed firearms said

Black powder firearms are of the single-shot wheellock variety.
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure significant amount of women would take an armor with boobplate over a standard one.

Because, you know, it enhances. Not all clothing is chosen for practicality, and a lady wearing full plate

might be concerned the hunky fighter boys don't consider her feminine enough. Especially if she has

the "biggest gun" in the whole party.

This is a fantasy game, but speaking strictly about what happens in the real world, this almost never happens. Women who wind up wearing armor do need sizing that accounts for their (typically) smaller size and (typically) different body shape, but it pretty much has the same form factor and function as what the men wear. In most cases, it is literally the exact same thing the men wear. It's only recently that body armor has been designed for women, not that you would be able to guess that by looking at it. No effort is made to contour the shape. Instead, they just change the proportions. This was also true of Joan of Arc's armor, which looked virtually indistinguishable from a male knight's armor except for size and proportion. Fantasy outfits are styled to be, well, stylish, but actual people who put their lives on the line almost universally err on the side of safety rather than attractiveness.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2012/sep/21/army-tests-body-armor-tailored-female-soldiers/

• Like 7

I thought the Edair concept art was awesome, but I don't really like this one.

She just looks like a bordello queen in armor to me (the boob plate doesn't bother me though). I am not trying to be offensive, that is seriously what I think.

She also kind of reminds me of Avelline from DA2, and I did not like man-woman Avelline at all.

Edited by dlux
  • Like 1

:closed:

I once worked in a job where body armour was necessary. Level II-IIIa , composite Kevlar / fabric-style armour which is obviously more flexible than steel. As Sawyer said, the female version (we had several women on our team) was virtually identical to ours. Bear in mind some of the enhanced armour had ceramic plates for high-velocity --- still no concessions for the females.

They told me it wasn't that uncomfortable, as the kit was fitted properly. The girls with bigger busts ended up being a bit 'strapped down' but it was no real drama.

Personally, I'm a fan of chainmail bikinis because I'm old-fashioned like that. It's fantasy. But if you want to go the realistic route (which I'm chilled about) then the female armour will look the same as the men's.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I like what I'm reading there. Especially this bit:

“You shouldn’t go up levels any slower by using your non-combat skills rather than your combat skills. We plan to reward you for your accomplishments, not for your body count.”

As for boobplate, kinda meh but won't make me scream bloody murder. And it's not even horribly ridiculously pronounced (compared to how boobplate usually ends up) so not too bad. Like the character's looks otherwise. :)

I like the way the armour looks. She is ready for a good fight but attractive. The boob plate is not over done and there is no center dip to draw swords, arrows or butllets. She doesn't look as if she might fall over due to her front equipment. It might be historically accurate but for a fantasy game I think it is well done. You know at a glance that she is female.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Because it's Fantasy!

Uhuh.

you're kidding right? thats really what you saw him post?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It's the consensus of armorers that because breastplates are already layered on top of significant padding and because breastplates are designed to slide blows cleanly away from vital areas, that designing a steel breastplate to follow the contours of breasts is unnecessary and counterproductive.

Good to see some acknowledgement.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I'm _really_ not fond of this type of artwork direction. :(

Can't we go back to the same style as the dwarf ranger?

image-159904-full.jpg

Please?

Edited by hideo kuze

Contrary to what a lot of people in this thread seem to think, I think that the combination of gun + full armor + shield and war hammer is both sufficiently realistic and unique enough to stand out from all the generic D&D blandness. I like the art direction a lot, everything we've seen, with the sole exception of the tendency to boobplate in the last image. The chest armour should probably have a more realistic, deflecting shape. Unless of course the character in question is a high priestess of a fertility goddess and is wearing ceremonial armour, but I HIGHLY doubt that.

Edited by Rostere
  • Like 2

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"