PA Report about Eternity and Brennecke - new concept art

Seconding Chunkyman heartily. Fantastic job, Fev! And for the artist, should he or she be reading this, the original artwork was fantastic, it really was. I think everyone, including myself, is just a little skittish after too many armor-bikinis.

She. Polina Hristova.

(At least I think it's her. As Edair was hers)

Edit: http://www.polinadesign.com/ (You may have seen that already in the other thread)

I did see that. She does great work. Not sure why I didn't draw the Edair connection earlier. Thank again, C2B.

Seconding Chunkyman heartily. Fantastic job, Fev! And for the artist, should he or she be reading this, the original artwork was fantastic, it really was. I think everyone, including myself, is just a little skittish after too many armor-bikinis.

She. Polina Hristova.

(At least I think it's her. As Edair was hers)

Edit: http://www.polinadesign.com/ (You may have seen that already in the other thread)

I did see that. She does great work. Not sure why I didn't draw the Edair connection earlier. Thank again, C2B.

My pleasure :)

Honestly while the whole boob-plate thing does bother me, what jumps out at me more is the orange in the hair that doesn't really fit in with the muted colours of the rest of the image. Because it's so disconnected colour wise, I keep seeing it as a wig... I know it's probably just me but I just can't get over it...

Most probably, she would.

Not unless she shrunk several sizes.

Seems to me that people has a problem more with he size than the plate shape.

Maybe if she had silicon implants, but real ones do compress. Sports bras, for instance

But beyond that, real plate armor is worn over a padded coat anyway.

And that picture I linked to of an actress playing Joan of Arc, she didn't seem to have any trouble fitting into real armor.

That is definitely much much better - more subtle, still feminine, less in-your-face. Me likey.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Now I have to wonder if they were intentionally testing for feedback.

"Okay, lots of people say they dislike boobplate, but how do they really feel?"

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Maybe. Or that PA article had an older version.

Anyway, no boobplate and I still love the artstyle.

For some reason going back in forth between the two, i keep getting vibes that this one actually feels like the original, the other an edit. I dunno why. It just fits together better.

• Like 1

Herald of the Obsidian Order

For some reason going back in forth between the two, i keep getting vibes that this one actually feels like the original, the other an edit. I dunno why. It just fits together better.

Intentional manipulation of the masses?

Adam Brennecke, Feargus, Sawyer, Hristova and MCA are surely laughing maniacly at this moment.

Edited by C2B
  • Like 2

:lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I still don't understand where did the other parth of cuirass go, and how the plate skirt, if it's a skirt, actually holds without it. Also, I just noticed how the shield actually connects to her body. I am not sure if it's the right way of carrying a shield on your back, at least not how I've seen people carrying their shields if they use one. I think you would want to either have a single strap which goes diagonally around your torso, or maybe two like on a backpack. That allows you to easy get it off and defend yourself. With that kind a system Cadegund has, I think she'd need someone's help to actually remove shield from her back, cause it won't be easy to unlock all the metal clasps etc.

Yeah, nitpicking. This picture is better than the old one.

Edited by Shadenuat