PA Report about Eternity and Brennecke - new concept art

Besides the 'boobplate' I do not see anything wrong with the concept art. Looks fine to me. The interview wasn't very insightful, but at least it shed light on a lesser known Obsidian employee.

Grandiose statements, cryptic warnings, blind fanboyisim and an opinion that leaves no room for argument and will never be dissuaded. Welcome to the forums, you'll go far in this place my boy, you'll go far!

The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.

i like Edair concept art a lot. But I don't like this one. Boobplate is awful.

I don't want to offend anyone, so forgive me for doing it without permission, but here this woman with no boobplate. (Rough quick overpaint for breastplate only). For me it looks much better.

eternity2001.jpg

Edited by Fev
  • Like 12

I don't get the big deal about the armour, it looks like it would protect her. Can someone please explain how that boobplate would cause a problem in "real life".

I also don't get the complaints about the concept art, because we've seen, what, 3 pieces in total?

i like Edair concept art a lot. Bin I don't like this one. Boobplate is awful.

I don't want to offend anyone, so forgive me for doing it without permission, but here this woman with no boobplate. (Rough quick overpaint for breastplate only). For me it looks much better.

eternity2001.jpg

I have no issues with the "boobplate" (which wouldn't be great idea in the real world) because in comparison to stuff like in Tera, it's quite "tame" but to your edit: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

eternity2001.jpg

Nice touch. Not just "more realistic" but also prettier.

Anyway, regardless of the boobplate, i can't say I'm particularly fond of these concept art so far.

They aren't terrible by any mean, but they aren't terrific either.

A bit bland and uninspired if you don't mind a honest feedback.

Edited by Tuco Benedicto
  • Like 1

We still on female chest pieces? :D

How is it so immersion breaking to have slightly rounded bosom? Most of the time we will be playing from an isometric view point and not be even able to tell. The only time we will ever notice is in the character screen and its not like that is the bulk of the game.

• Like 1

For those moaning "boobplate";

As individual who is friends with women who have particularly large breasts (some to the degree they are considering boob reduction surgery/have had it suggested by their mothers), you're all being rather rude!

You jump on something that you perceive wrongly to be about sexualization when this happens with men as well-- men don't all have huge pecs or moobs, but breastplates were made in this way to deflect blows and particularly to safeguard against piercing damage. That re-done picture of the breastplate breaks to an arrow or gunshot from something like what she's lugging five more times out of ten than the original artwork.

Also, what if her breasts are actually too big to fit in there? Should she stay home and cook and be in lorn, because someone might get an erection and feel uncomfortable because of their own physical reaction?

Sorry to explode guys, but I don't want to live in the 50s. I'm too happy I was born far later and hope to continue marching forward rather than backwards as far as equality of genders is concerned.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that the artwork is great and I hope the artist isn't reading this and seeing all these people insinuating their a sexist for drawing a woman who's breasts weren't "modest" for modesty's sake, because they did a great job and perhaps understand that that's not every woman and it shouldn't preclude anyone from being a meaningful party member or other character in a cRPG or role in public iRL.

EDIT #2: Saying you're all being inconsiderate sexists was quite uncalled for, your hearts are obviously in the right place, I'm sorry; but I was just talking with people about this same topic that directly effects them and when I saw this thread I kind of went full-bore and lost my cool.

Edited by Azrayel
  • Like 1

CORSAIR, n. A politician of the seas. ~The Devil's Dictionary

eternity2001.jpg

500px-M._Bison_%22Yes_Yes!%22_Widescreen_HD_reupload.jpg

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

As individual who is friends with women who have particularly large breasts (some to the degree they are considering boob reduction surgery/have had it suggested by their mothers), YOU'RE ALL INCONSIDERATE SEXISTS!

You jump on something that you perceive wrongly to be about sexualization when this happens with men as well-- men don't all have sizes or moobs, but breastplates were made in this way to deflect blows and particularly to safeguard against piercing damage. That re-done picture of the breastplate breaks to an arrow or gunshot from something like what she's lugging five more times out of then than the original artwork.

Also, what if her breasts are actually too big to fit in there? Should she stay home and cook and be in lorn, because someone might get an erection and feel uncomfortable because of their own physical reaction?

Sorry to explode guys, but I don't want to live in the 50s. I'm too happy I was born far later and hope to continue marching forward rather than backwards as far as equality of genders is concerned.

You have just happily ignored real facts about armor design for the idea that women with big breasts should use armors that won't really protect them. To each his own?

Edited by Wintersong

As individual who is friends with women who have particularly large breasts (some to the degree they are considering boob reduction surgery/have had it suggested by their mothers), YOU'RE ALL INCONSIDERATE SEXISTS!

You jump on something that you perceive wrongly to be about sexualization when this happens with men as well-- men don't all have sizes or moobs, but breastplates were made in this way to deflect blows and particularly to safeguard against piercing damage. That re-done picture of the breastplate breaks to an arrow or gunshot from something like what she's lugging five more times out of then than the original artwork.

You have just happily ignored real facts about armor design for the idea that women with big breasts should use armors that won't really protect them. To each his own?

Well, that would depend on how you take this:

It's the consensus of armorers that because breastplates are already layered on top of significant padding and because breastplates are designed to slide blows cleanly away from vital areas, that designing a steel breastplate to follow the contours of breasts is unnecessary and counterproductive.

It seems to me he's saying that just having large breasts on the armor even if the breasts are small is more logical than trying to fit them down; most male pieces, as I said, also have breast extrusions that are quite a bit more than what they'd reasonably have for protection's sake.

On second read though I'm not sure he didn't mean flatter, but I mean, I think Sawyer has had too much to do with this for the concept art we're being shown at this stage to be highly divergent from what he thinks.

CORSAIR, n. A politician of the seas. ~The Devil's Dictionary

Seconding Chunkyman heartily. Fantastic job, Fev! And for the artist, should he or she be reading this, the original artwork was fantastic, it really was. I think everyone, including myself, is just a little skittish after too many armor-bikinis.

She. Polina Hristova.

(At least I think it's her. As Edair was hers)

Edit: http://www.polinadesign.com/ (You may have seen that already in the other thread)

Edited by C2B

Great, now the game should be a medieval military simulation. So, we should forget about the souls system too...

I don't give a damn about reality and boobplates and physics in this game. I want fantasy, i want magic, i want a greater/deeper story and gameplay. This is what should be important, not boobplates.

• Like 1

eternity2001.jpg

Only problem is, she would not fit in that.

eternity2001.jpg

Most probably, she would.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

eternity2001.jpg

without measurements we just plain have no idea

Not unless she shrunk several sizes.

Seems to me that people has a problem more with he size than the plate shape.

right, that modification just made them fit into a smaller space. The realistic fix would be to use the shape of that modified image, but expand the whole front of the plate out more instead of just making boobplate.

Edited by ogrezilla

You jump on something that you perceive wrongly to be about sexualization when this happens with men as well-- men don't all have huge pecs or moobs, but breastplates were made in this way to deflect blows and particularly to safeguard against piercing damage. That re-done picture of the breastplate breaks to an arrow or gunshot from something like what she's lugging five more times out of ten than the original artwork.

Yeah, I don't get it either. It's like the world has turned retardo in the last two years, moaning about every little bit of skin or semblance of primary sexual characteristics.

THIS is what's already considered "sexist" today? ****ing really?

I once worked in a job where body armour was necessary. Level II-IIIa , composite Kevlar / fabric-style armour which is obviously more flexible than steel. As Sawyer said, the female version (we had several women on our team) was virtually identical to ours. Bear in mind some of the enhanced armour had ceramic plates for high-velocity --- still no concessions for the females.

They told me it wasn't that uncomfortable, as the kit was fitted properly. The girls with bigger busts ended up being a bit 'strapped down' but it was no real drama.

Also in regards to this, the US military is actually developing Xena-inspired body-armor for women, because they actually looked at some of them and discovered that they, indeed possess boobs and would feel more comfortable if that part of their anatomy wasn't disregarded entirely in some sort of desexualization-crusade:

http://www.csmonitor...armor-for-women

What facts? There weren't many women back then in the position to wear armor, even less so to commission it. Most of the aristocrats back in the day ordered handcrafted armor specifically fitting their size and body physique, often trying to make them look more favorable from armorsmiths mainly in Germany/Austria, Spain and Italy.

A large amount of the rest were simply mass-produced and wouldn't have paid any attention to that detail since there were near to no cases to be made.

Edited by D3xter

Also in regards to this, the US military is actually developing Xena-inspired body-armor for women, because they actually looked at some of them and discovered that they, indeed possess boobs and would feel more comfortable if that part of their anatomy wasn't disregarded entirely in some sort of desexualization-crusade:

http://www.csmonitor...armor-for-women

It's true that he armor is tailored for women, but it still looks almost identical to male armor because the only thing that changes are the proportions. The "Xena-inspired" description is hard to take seriously considering what the final result looks like.

http://www.foxreno.com/news/ap/defense/army-tests-body-armor-tailored-for-female-soldiers/nSFBg/

• Like 2